PDA

View Full Version : If you are into music, check this site out.

COOLMACHINE
06-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I never think to look on this particular forum. I'll have to look here more often. :)
Don't know if anyone has brought it up in here or not but if you enjoy music, check out GrooveShark.com. A huge collection at your fingertips. It is free to use or you can donate money as well. I became a VIP on the site by spending $30 for a year. The way I listen to music, I want this website to survive and no advertisements with the membership. Enjoy. Jerry

VaughnCat
06-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey, thanks!!!:2thumbs:

MoonChaser213
06-19-2010, 12:12 PM
put in your favorite musicians and you get free music. I love it:2thumbs:

COOLMACHINE
06-19-2010, 04:45 PM
I used Pandora a couple years ago but not since. I never joined it so the constant "you've exceeded your limit of songs you can choose in an hour" thing helped keep me away. How the sight works now I am unsure. But I sure like this Grooveshark. Love it.

musicarcade
06-19-2010, 05:01 PM
I'll check it out- but I already have tons of music at my fingertips.:D
too much....more than I'll ever listen to on my lifetime, but it's great to have a selection to choose from!:2thumbs:

scudrunner
06-19-2010, 07:11 PM
I've got 25 days worth of music in my iTunes, but also listen to Pandora and 1.FM. There is a free app for it called Iterum2 Radio.
One problem with these web based listening sites is they ask periodically if you are still there and you have to respond or get shut off.

COOLMACHINE
06-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I've got 25 days worth of music in my iTunes, but also listen to Pandora and 1.FM. There is a free app for it called Iterum2 Radio.
One problem with these web based listening sites is they ask periodically if you are still there and you have to respond or get shut off.
Only 25 days? :D What are you going to listen to the rest of the year? :D
I love the variety on GrooveShark. I've heard the songs on the radio over and over and over and over and over and over.
There's so much music out there that our ears have never heard. For example, I was checking out Lynyrd Skynyrd the other day and found like 2 dozen dynamite songs I did not know by them. If you didn't buy the albums in those days, you never heard the songs. Radio stations just wouldn't play them. The same goes today. Songs that didn't get any radio play were never heard. Let's face it, we've heard Freebird a million billion times. How about "The Railroad Song" or "Was I Right or Wrong" or "The Needle & the Spoon." Kerry Livgren formerly of Kansas has some great solo stuff IMO. The rock group Bugie or Taxxi with "Cocktail Queen." Rock on folks.

Of course it helps having a dynamite system to listen to as well. This is what my ears get to listen to the music through.
The album covers hanging on the wall are actually Pyrography work I do for fun. "Woodburning pics."

As far as getting knocked off the site for inactivity, I can remain on Grooveshark for extended periods of time (like all day) without being knocked off.

burg650
06-20-2010, 01:39 AM
Only 25 days? :D What are you going to listen to the rest of the year? :D
I love the variety on GrooveShark. I've heard the songs on the radio over and over and over and over and over and over.
There's so much music out there that our ears have never heard. For example, I was checking out Lynyrd Skynyrd the other day and found like 2 dozen dynamite songs I did not know by them. If you didn't buy the albums in those days, you never heard the songs. Radio stations just wouldn't play them. The same goes today. Songs that didn't get any radio play were never heard. Let's face it, we've heard Freebird a million billion times. How about "The Railroad Song" or "Was I Right or Wrong" or "The Needle & the Spoon." Kerry Livgren formerly of Kansas has some great solo stuff IMO. The rock group Bugie or Taxxi with "Cocktail Queen." Rock on folks.

Of course it helps having a dynamite system to listen to as well. This is what my ears get to listen to the music through.
The album covers hanging on the wall are actually Pyrography work I do for fun. "Woodburning pics."

As far as getting knocked off the site for inactivity, I can remain on Grooveshark for extended periods of time (like all day) without being knocked off.

Awesome speakers, they sure are big.