PDA

View Full Version : 185/60 14 on Front

j45p3r
06-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Any advice on air pressure for car tires in this size? Put mine on last night and they look great, I have to adjust the fenders some because of some minor rubbing but otherwise they'll be fine.

capt.jim
06-16-2010, 10:15 PM
i have the 185-60-14 michelin pilot exalta's, tried 35lbs. first, seemed very twitchy, now at 28lbs. steers fine. I would have changed the Kenda's out right away if i knew the difference it would make.

sylblk
06-16-2010, 11:49 PM
yokohama, perform best at 20psi for aggressive riding.

krb1945
06-17-2010, 03:21 AM
I would suggest 18 to 20 to begin with... if it is too soft increase about 1 psi at a time. These suspensions can get a little squirrel ly with too much pressure. The walls of the CT's are usually a little stiffer than the kenda's that come from the factory and shouldn't take as much air pressure to keep the thread flat on the road. Good luck and enjoy the better ride and handling the CT's provide. They also work great on two wheel touring machines. On two wheels it is called going to the "darkside". Although great for touring machines..."not good for high performance riding though." I've been using them on the rear of my goldwings for years. Much better ride, better traction on wet and dry... total different feel. I'll add the "darkside" site link to this post later. I'm "darksider" 293.

Here is the "darkside" link. http://www.murgie.com/dsi_roster.txt (http://www.murgie.com/dsi_roster.txt)

Here is a link that shows the correct way to change a goldwing rear tire...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcGe-EcBy8

And if done exactly as shown in the video it doesn't damage or scratch anything. Ken krb1945

j45p3r
06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks guys. The shop put 35 in and it was way way too stiff, front was bouncing all over, brought it down to 27 and it is much better. I'll keep playing with it until I find a happy spot.

Raptor
06-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Any advice on air pressure for car tires in this size? Put mine on last night and they look great, I have to adjust the fenders some because of some minor rubbing but otherwise they'll be fine.

I am very interested as to what types of adjustments to your front fenders you had to make. I wanted to switch to this size next time around but am worried about fender clearance. This is a good size because it does not change the ride height profile much at all. Please let me know Thanks man! :thumbup:

j45p3r
06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Nothing major. On the left side the front most fender support was just rubbing on the inside of the tire. I took the fender off and just bent the brace in about 3/4 of an inch. You may be able to bend it without taking the fender off but I couldn't seem to get the leverage I needed. The right side was fine as is. The fenders don't sit quite centered over the bigger tire so if that bothered you you could round out the mounting holes and move it over a bit, but that is totally optional. I was in a hurry so I haven't done that, but I still may.

Raptor
06-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Nothing major. On the left side the front most fender support was just rubbing on the inside of the tire. I took the fender off and just bent the brace in about 3/4 of an inch. You may be able to bend it without taking the fender off but I couldn't seem to get the leverage I needed. The right side was fine as is. The fenders don't sit quite centered over the bigger tire so if that bothered you you could round out the mounting holes and move it over a bit, but that is totally optional. I was in a hurry so I haven't done that, but I still may.

Very cool! :thumbup: Those aren't major things. I bet the extra contact patch is great. How does she feel?