PDA

View Full Version : Do you know Louis Powersports?

3whlLefty
06-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Does any one have any experience with Louis Powersports in Greenville TX? They have a couple items for sale on ebay that I'm interested in and have a good ebay rating.

They are offering a 36 month BEST warranty for a reasonable price. I missed buying from Bert's (sp?) in March due to financial iffyness.

They are also selling a backrest with the thumbscrew adjuster which looks to me like a good thing. Hope I'm not way wrong on that one. :dontknow:

Thanks for any feedback you can give.

mxz600
06-15-2010, 02:53 PM
I purchased a backrest and sportrack combo from them direct, not through ebay. I was in contact with Dylan, he is the head of their ebay store. Very pleasant to deal with. Quick order processing and fast shipping. I would buy from them again.

As far as the ebay warranty price, I am sure it is based on a new Spyder. You will have to pay the surcharge of $75.00 per year of added warranty. Call them to make sure before ordering.

Bryce from Berts told me to call him when I was ready to get the extended warranty and he would do the best price he could based on the price increase. Give him a call also, then take the best price. No pun intended.

Berts Megamall 626-430-9477
Louispowersports 903-454-4440

Bitten
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I bought the back rest and sports rack from Dylan online and he personally delivered them to my house, since his girlfriend lived close...

Also got my Spyder from there. I bought a demo and before they would let me take it home, they replaced the DPS and the clutch...

Amanda B
06-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Does any one have any experience with Louis Powersports in Greenville TX? They have a couple items for sale on ebay that I'm interested in and have a good ebay rating.

They are offering a 36 month BEST warranty for a reasonable price. I missed buying from Bert's (sp?) in March due to financial iffyness.

They are also selling a backrest with the thumbscrew adjuster which looks to me like a good thing. Hope I'm not way wrong on that one. :dontknow:

Thanks for any feedback you can give.

Yep, purchased a lot of things from them, it was always a wonderful experience. If you buy in bulk you get a better deal. E-mail them and tell them you are interested in those two things, you might get a better deal then what is on eBay. They may have to order the part for you, but they will get it.

SpyderWolf
06-15-2010, 07:13 PM
:2thumbs:

I have also purchased from them on their EBay auctions, and have been very satisfied with every transaction. They do a great job.

3whlLefty
06-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the info. They look OK from their ebay ratings but I had not seen their name on this forum. I think I'll call them tomorrow and get the nitty gritty details. The extended warranty seems like a good idea on these new and high tech loaded machines.

bone crusher
06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
I have bought a few things from them on ebay...their prices beat EVERYONE! Wish someone here could beat their prices...got my rear rack for a ridiculously cheap price...about 300.00...

cdem0229
06-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I bought a 24m extended warranty from them. No extra fees and I was only 5 days from factory expiration. Quick easy had copies of all paperwork within minutes of hanging up the phone.

Chuck

dlittle
07-07-2010, 07:03 PM
It's been a while since anyone posted to this so thought I'd update... I purchased the backrest and sport rack combo from them for $504 via ebay. Here's my experience so far and what I'll probably post when I do receive it -- which at this point is a neutral rating at best...

- eBay Ad says "Ground shipments within the southwest take 1-3 Working Days".
- Part purchased via "Buy It Now" and paid for via PayPal on 6/30/10. No email.
- Amount removed from my checking account on 7/2/10. No email.
- Emailed on 7/7/10 at 10:10 AM asking for a tracking number. No response.
- Called listed phone number 10 minutes before closing (I work too) and spoke with Carl on 7/7/10. All the parts guys are gone and I'll have to call back tomorrow.

Might have a 99% satisfaction rating but the communication absolutely SUCKS. I think I'll pay a little extra next time and use somebody else.

[Update]

Just spoke with Parts. It is Dylan who deals with eBay sales and he's off today. How convenient. The person in parts can't look it up but said Dylan would be back tomorrow so they have a single point of failure for eBay sales with NO communication.

They just managed to go from Neutral to Negative.

[Update - 07/09/10]

I had an email waiting for me when I came in apologizing for the delay. I now have a tracking number although UPS doesn't have it as of yet. Looks like I'll have to wait until next weekend to install it.

Dennis

Degaman
07-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Just purchased two front tires and a rear tire today. Hope I have a better experience than dlittle.

SpyderWolf
07-08-2010, 05:45 AM
It's been a while since anyone posted to this so thought I'd update... I purchased the backrest and sport rack combo from them for $504 via ebay. Here's my experience so far and what I'll probably post when I do receive it -- which at this point is a neutral rating at best...

- eBay Ad says "Ground shipments within the southwest take 1-3 Working Days".
- Part purchased via "Buy It Now" and paid for via PayPal on 6/30/10. No email.
- Amount removed from my checking account on 7/2/10. No email.
- Emailed on 7/7/10 at 10:10 AM asking for a tracking number. No response.
- Called listed phone number 10 minutes before closing (I work too) and spoke with Carl on 7/7/10. All the parts guys are gone and I'll have to call back tomorrow.

Might have a 99% satisfaction rating but the communication absolutely SUCKS. I think I'll pay a little extra next time and use somebody else.

Dennis

Wow, that seems very unusual for them. I sure hope things are not starting to go downhill there, as they have been a good seller to get things from on EBay for me so far.

Best of luck getting the issue sorted out quickly.

3whlLefty
07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Based on the feedback I got here I ordered a backrest from them over the phone. Ordered it on Wed and it arrived on Sat via UPS. Can't argue with that service. :2thumbs:

I also asked to have the warranty person call me and that hasn't happened yet and it's been at least 2 weeks. I'm not upset about that because I have 6 mos of OEM warranty left. I'll call them back soon. May need to save up a few $$$ first but it seems like a good thing to have for such a hi-tech machine as the SE5.

Questions
07-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Hi, this is Dylan from Louis Powersports and i just wanted to let everyone know that i really do appreciate all my customers and them backing up the business. I take pride in every customer that i do business with and i am happy that all of you noticed that. I was unaware of the one bad experience that my customer had i wish they would have contacted me and i would have taken care of them. Please if anybody has any questions email me at dylan@louispowersports.com and i will be happy to help you out. Also i apologize about Carl he is new to sales next time he will take your name and number and you will be taken care of!
Thanks
Dylan
903-454-4440

dlittle
07-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Just to confirm for everyone, the parts did arrive and all was in good shape. I've changed my feedback on eBay to reflect it.

Dennis

SpyderWolf
07-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi, this is Dylan from Louis Powersports and i just wanted to let everyone know that i really do appreciate all my customers and them backing up the business. I take pride in every customer that i do business with and i am happy that all of you noticed that. I was unaware of the one bad experience that my customer had i wish they would have contacted me and i would have taken care of them. Please if anybody has any questions email me at dylan@louispowersports.com and i will be happy to help you out. Also i apologize about Carl he is new to sales next time he will take your name and number and you will be taken care of!
Thanks
Dylan
903-454-4440

welcome Dylan.

Thanks for your posting of contact information.

Dlittle, thanks for updating us on your situation as well. I am very glad to hear everything worked out well for you.

usurp31
11-08-2010, 05:55 AM
I'm a newbie to Spyders and I just purchased one from these guys over the weekend and things are not looking well from the sales and financing aspect at the moment - I got duped into thinking the machine was brand spanking new when it actually had 170 miles on it. I am new to these things and believed, and wasn't corrected, that it had 13 miles on it when it actually had 13 hours. I didn't realize until I got halfway home, about 20 miles into the ride when the gas light came on and I stopped in another 10 miles to get gas. I fiddled with the button that said 'mode' and found out that the mileage was much higher than I thought. I called them immediately when I got home and was told, get this, that "the owner had taken his girlfriend into Dallas on a date night but not to worry because no one rode it that didn't know what they were doing." That is the most bizarre explanation/excuse that I have been given in most recent history.

I hope to speak with these guys again this morning when they open to get in touch with the GM to get a resolution to my issue. I will update once that is done.

The parts and service department guys were all very nice and got my add-ons taken care of quickly. I got the rear rack for $315 and the backrest for $212 and it cost me $131 to get them installed and it took about 1.5 hours.

That being said, the Spyder is an amazing machine! :2thumbs: The entire ride home people were slowing/speeding up on the highway and pointing and in town they were staring just as much; so that was a lot of fun.

I'm happy to have found this site, along with CamAmSpyderForums, and I will post an intro and update this thread soon with more information.

Look forward to 'talking' with all of you.

SpyderWolf
11-08-2010, 06:47 AM
welcome

That is a strange situation indeed. I don't know what type of resolution you are actually looking for, but best of luck getting it.

fastfraser
11-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm a newbie to Spiders and I just purchased one from these guys over the weekend and things are not looking well from the sales and financing aspect at the moment - I got duped into thinking the machine was brand spanking new when it actually had 170 miles on it. I am new to these things and believed, and wasn't corrected, that it had 13 miles on it when it actually had 13 hours. I didn't realize until I got halfway home, about 20 miles into the ride when the gas light came on and I stopped in another 10 miles to get gas. I fiddled with the button that said 'mode' and found out that the mileage was much higher than I thought. I called them immediately when I got home and was told, get this, that "the owner had taken his girlfriend into Dallas on a date night but not to worry because no one rode it that didn't know what they were doing." That is the most bizarre explanation/excuse that I have been given in most recent histor

I hope to speak with these guys again this morning when they open to get in touch with the GM to get a resolution to my issue. I will update once that is done.

The parts and service department guys were all very nice and got my
That being said, the Spider is an amazing machine! :2thumbs: The entire ride add-ons taken care of quickly. I got the rear rack for $315 and the backrest for $212 and it cost me $131 to get them installed and it took about 1.5 hours.
home people were slowing/speeding up on the highway and pointing and in town they were staring just as much; so that was a lot of fun.

I'm happy to have found this site, along with CamAmSpyderForums, and I will post an intro and update this thread soon with more information.

Look forward to 'talking' with all of you.

:congrats:welcome Hope you get this sorted out ! At the very least they should sell it to you at a demo price .

Thanks
Dylan
903-454-4440

welcome Something always falls through the cracks ! Keep up the good work. A bad rep on Spyderlovers will hurt you down the road .

usurp31
11-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the welcome's!!

Thanks for any and all info guys and gals; the dealership won't budge on anything, - not even a free t-shirt :gaah:. Just kidding. However he did concede that they weren't completely honest and he offered to do my first service for free although I won't take them up on their offer. I also was not allowed to speak to the owner, Daniel Gill, to air out my complaint which I don't feel is right. I will just say to all of you to learn from my rookie mistake and always, always, always see everything first-hand and don't let them pull the old dealership distractions on you!! :lecturef_smilie:

Now on to the good stuff - I look forward to browsing all through the forum and possibly meeting some of you as well as I get this thing out on the road. I'm a long time two wheeler so I will be the one grinning from ear to ear on this thing. I'm in the North Dallas area so drop me a line anytime.

SpyderWolf
11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome's!!

Thanks for any and all info guys and gals; the dealership won't budge on anything, - not even a free t-shirt :gaah:. Just kidding. However he did concede that they weren't completely honest and he offered to do my first service for free although I won't take them up on their offer. I also was not allowed to speak to the owner, Daniel Gill, to air out my complaint which I don't feel is right. I will just say to all of you to learn from my rookie mistake and always, always, always see everything first-hand and don't let them pull the old dealership distractions on you!! :lecturef_smilie:

Now on to the good stuff - I look forward to browsing all through the forum and possibly meeting some of you as well as I get this thing out on the road. I'm a long time two wheeler so I will be the one grinning from ear to ear on this thing. I'm in the North Dallas area so drop me a line anytime.

That is pretty nice of you to not take them up on their offer of the free first service. Especially when that service will probably cost somewhere around $250 or so. Perhaps they will remember this when the time comes for that service, and give you some kind of price break on it.

Have fun getting used to your new Spyder, and ryde safe.

usurp31
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words SpyderWolf, had it out tonight and had a fun ride. :ohyea:

- Tim -
12-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Hey Everyone,

I received an order from Dylan at Louis Powersports recently, so I thought I'd add my two cents of experience to the mix...

Most of the items my wife and I were interested in for the RS-S were not listed by Louis Powersports on ebay at the time, so I wrote an email directly and the conversation started from there. Dylan provided pricing and availability over the next several days time as we talked. The discounts averaged 25% for most items and a little less for the more bulky ones. We found out later that shipping was included which was a big, positive surprise! We had planned to order just what was immediately needed and spread the rest of the wish list out over time, but due to our good fortune in discounts, we decided to order all the following in one fell swoop...

- Comfort Seat
- Adjustable Back Rest
- Sport Rack
- Passenger Foot Peg Extensions
- Rigid Saddle Bags
- Color Matching Saddle Bag Inserts

Dylan was easy to work with and wanted to please. He did have a few typos on our paperwork and we had to ask for tracking numbers, but the order came through without a problem, was well packed and arrived in good shape. Due to the limited edition Pearl White color of the RS-S, we expected special orders and long delays but that was not the case at all, the turn-around was very fast.

A big THANK YOU to Dylan and Louis Powersports for taking good care of another SpyderLovers.com member! I told him that I would be reporting this experience back to the group and I hope it helps some of you with decisions you may be trying to make.

All the best,

Tim

P.S. Now I have to get busy and install this stuff... just as soon as the first service is taken care of, the RS-S has too many miles on it already and is overdue!

bone crusher
12-07-2010, 12:17 AM
I'll post again on this topic...I have bought a few items from them on ebay and never have had a problem...I wouldn't hesitate to buy more...they're a legitimate dealership and they'll get your order taken care of...for a great price too!

dlycan2
12-07-2010, 05:55 PM
:chat: My turn?
I purchased a "new" 2009 SM5 last week. There were a couple of glitches, but Curtis, Daniel, and Jason did EVERYTHING to make my experience right.
I purchased a comfort seat and BEST 36M warranty with the Spyder. Trailered it back to Little Rock and rode home to Memphis. It was my first time on a Spyder. I've ridden motorcycles since I was 14(now 61!) and I must say that this thing is too COOL!
Since delivery I've added the sport/touring windshield, sport rack and backrest, trunk liner, "spyder web", and Hindle exhaust.
Hoping that the better half and I can make it to Spyderfest.

usurp31
12-07-2010, 06:00 PM
I purchased a "new" 2009 SM5 last week.

Congrats on your purchase! How many miles/hours did your "new" Spyder have on it?

dlycan2
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Hi,
Sorry about the delay. My spyder is completely apart (incl. battery) while I detail and install some things. It should be back together in a couple of days and I can let you know how many miles were on it when picked up.
Don:dontknow:

dlycan2
12-09-2010, 08:47 PM
My "brand new" '09 RS had 14 hrs. and 95 miles on it when I picked it up. The good news is that I bought for several thousand less than retail and got new 2 year warranty.
Don

projectmoneypi
03-04-2011, 09:18 PM
I have been dealing with carl for the past week at louis powersports for a 09 sm5. Came to a verbal contract over the phone for a otd price a couple of days ago and i put down a deposit. We agreed that i would pick the bike up this Sat. (tomorrow). They are over 2 hours away and assured me the bike will be ready. I told him to take his time to make it right and if need be i will pick up the bike later the next week. I called to get the vin # for insurrance a couple of days ago and he said the bike is not in yet and call the next day. So i did and he said that the bike that came in is red, well we agreed on silver. So he said they are switching the plastics to silver and it will be ready. I told him i want to finance it and to approve me for the financing now so come Sat. we will be all set. I told him i have a security check on my credit so he needs to run it a couple of days before pickup so the request can clear. WELL, today i get a call and he said that my credit looks good and we should be all set and we confirmed the otd pricing again. A hour later he calls my fiance since it will be her bike and says that there is a problem with the pricing and he cant sell the bike for that amount. She went off on him since it will be her bike and carl said that the owner wont sell it for that price and we will have to pay more. And that they have not even run my credit yet ( so he lied to me saying he did and all is good). She yelled at him for a while till he talked to his boss and said he will go ahead with the agreed upon price. He said he will have us out the door within 30 min and all should be fine. I will update you tomorrow night to see if they hold true to their word.

usurp31
03-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Project, your situation is sounding a lot like mine started out; do yourself a favor and make sure you thoroughly look the :spyder: over and verify everything before signing anything. Also, just FYI, they didn't give me a very good deal on the accessories I purchased there; you would do better to purchase them elsewhere or even from them on their Ebay store. Keep in mind that they don't call Carl, "Crazy Carl" for nothing. Due to my experience with Louis PS, I will never again put down a deposit on a bike, car or otherwise, sight unseen, no matter how good of a deal I am led to believe I am getting. Good luck on your purchase and I hope you come home with a :spyder2: for a smoking deal.

wyliec
03-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I have been dealing with carl for the past week at louis powersports for a 09 sm5. Came to a verbal contract over the phone for a otd price a couple of days ago and i put down a deposit. We agreed that i would pick the bike up this Sat. (tomorrow). They are over 2 hours away and assured me the bike will be ready. I told him to take his time to make it right and if need be i will pick up the bike later the next week. I called to get the vin # for insurrance a couple of days ago and he said the bike is not in yet and call the next day. So i did and he said that the bike that came in is red, well we agreed on silver. So he said they are switching the plastics to silver and it will be ready. I told him i want to finance it and to approve me for the financing now so come Sat. we will be all set. I told him i have a security check on my credit so he needs to run it a couple of days before pickup so the request can clear. WELL, today i get a call and he said that my credit looks good and we should be all set and we confirmed the otd pricing again. A hour later he calls my fiance since it will be her bike and says that there is a problem with the pricing and he cant sell the bike for that amount. She went off on him since it will be her bike and carl said that the owner wont sell it for that price and we will have to pay more. And that they have not even run my credit yet ( so he lied to me saying he did and all is good). She yelled at him for a while till he talked to his boss and said he will go ahead with the agreed upon price. He said he will have us out the door within 30 min and all should be fine. I will update you tomorrow night to see if they hold true to their word.

I hope you get it for the verbal price you agreed to over the phone. However, I trust no one and would only trust something in writing. JMO.

projectmoneypi
03-04-2011, 09:46 PM
I hope you get it for the verbal price you agreed to over the phone. However, I trust no one and would only trust something in writing. JMO.
I am the same way but we went out there once already and got a quote. .

projectmoneypi
03-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Project, your situation is sounding a lot like mine started out; do yourself a favor and make sure you thoroughly look the :spyder: over and verify everything before signing anything. Also, just FYI, they didn't give me a very good deal on the accessories I purchased there; you would do better to purchase them elsewhere or even from them on their Ebay store. Keep in mind that they don't call Carl, "Crazy Carl" for nothing. Due to my experience with Louis PS, I will never again put down a deposit on a bike, car or otherwise, sight unseen, no matter how good of a deal I am led to believe I am getting. Good luck on your purchase and I hope you come home with a :spyder2: for a smoking deal.

Oh i will, i read the online owners manual last nite. hope all works out so i can ride it home.

projectmoneypi
03-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Got there this morning and was greeted by carl. Spyder was pulled out of the service area within a couple of minutes. Was then greeted by Jason who is also in sales and finance. He stressed about how much he wanted me to be 100% satisfied. We discussed the communication issues that Carl and I had and Jason assured me he that things were taken care of. While Jason completed my paperwork i purchased a helmet and they gave me a discount for that. I signed all the paperwork and Jason gave me a discount on the ext warranty. He went over every question i had. Then Jason had the technician Danny go over the complete spyder with me, He was very Knowledgeable and had all the answers. The spyder was perfect not a blemish on it, less than a mile on the odo, less than a half hour run time. Very pleased with the purchase and the staff there. Spyder rode great just cold and windy outside. I will buy from again once i sell my 5th wheel trailer. I highly recommend Louis Powersprts for their customer satisfaction and pricing. You will not find a better deal around, they are more than willing to work with you. Anybody need a 5th wheel. :D

wyliec
03-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Got there this morning and was greeted by carl. Spyder was pulled out of the service area within a couple of minutes. Was then greeted by Jason who is also in sales and finance. He stressed about how much he wanted me to be 100% satisfied. We discussed the communication issues that Carl and I had and Jason assured me he that things were taken care of. While Jason completed my paperwork i purchased a helmet and they gave me a discount for that. I signed all the paperwork and Jason gave me a discount on the ext warranty. He went over every question i had. Then Jason had the technician Danny go over the complete spyder with me, He was very Knowledgeable and had all the answers. The spyder was perfect not a blemish on it, less than a mile on the odo, less than a half hour run time. Very pleased with the purchase and the staff there. Spyder rode great just cold and windy outside. I will buy from again once i sell my 5th wheel trailer. I highly recommend Louis Powersprts for their customer satisfaction and pricing. You will not find a better deal around, they are more than willing to work with you. Anybody need a 5th wheel. :D

:congrats:

usurp31
03-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Congrats Project; sounds like they are following this thread and keeping themselves in check now. :thumbup: This forum is such a great tool! :ohyea:

SpyderWolf
03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
:congrats:

Glad to hear that things worked out the way you wanted them to, and that you are happy with the deal.

acl1118
05-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Nothing but problems with Louis PowerSports.
When speaking on the phone employees misrepresent who they are, position/title.
Powersports cannot get paper work done. Wrong items received no resolution in sight. :(:(:sour::gaah:

arntufun
05-14-2011, 07:13 PM
They can't be too bad. They have a 99.9% positive feedback with over 1,400 items sold .

rus44756
05-15-2011, 03:52 PM
I bought an RT from Louis Powersports and was very happy with the purchase. I drove from Norman, Ok due to the price and the service department bends over backwards to get me in and out for service so I dont have to make 2 trips. They discounted the bike and warranty and Dylan discounted accessories so I have been happy with them so far.

che57vy
05-17-2011, 08:10 PM
I have a even better story,I bought a left over 09 I told them I wanted a Yellow color sales person said ok .After a few weeks and delays It was delivered and guess what it was red.All the paper work was screwed up I got a signed title for a yellow one and wrong vin number I could go on and on but we called finance manager he was rude as heck said someone in Oklahoma has my title and paper work and you are right they will not budge on anything or even give you a toothpick for the screw up.

oceanbreeze851
05-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Hey Che57vy,
Bought a leftover 09 from Louis powersports and it has been a nightmare so far. I love the spyder but reliability sucks. :gaah:

projectmoneypi
06-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Update, only have 350 miles on my our spyder so far. We have just been too busy to ride. Sold the 5th wheel, just waiting for prices to come down again before i buy. I really want the copper colored rss. Maybe i will get a deal going when i take the spyder in for the 600 mile service.