PDA

View Full Version : Americade jmo

Roger
06-14-2010, 08:24 PM
This was my first americade and i had an excellant time but that is another thread. Keep in mind this is JMO. First i thought is was odd the the 3 main vendor spots are only open from 9am-6pm now i think most people would be out riding during the day then shop later like have them open at noon till 9pm or something like that. I think it was alittle cheesey to charge $10.00 to go to just venue being their was 3 main venues yes you can buy a discount ticket but you know they are charging the vendors to sell their stuff. that town makes a nice buck all week long. Their are some discounts to be had for bikers but not that much take for instance i own a tourmaster jacket with 3 layer ok being it was raining i needed some rainpants and bootcover i found the paints they were $124.00 but they were to long she told me she would have short ones on monday well that won't do me any good now. To make a long story short i bought a complete rain suite from a local dealer for the same amount $124.00 pants jacket and boot covers. they say if you ride up to warrensburgh you can find deals but we ran out of time.If you go i recommend the prime rib at Georges good food fair price. So i guess i will try it again next year cause now i'am more aware.

rnet
06-14-2010, 08:40 PM
How did my rain pants work out on the way home.

Gimpy Girl
06-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Fellas, great seeing you at Evan's trailer on Wed! Sorry we didn't get the chance to say goodbye before you guys left- we may have been inside getting Beth's patches sewn on her vest. Ron- tell your son to get ready, I've got lots of goodies to have him install when you get a free Saturday! :D
Hope you both had a safe ride home & hope to see you soon!

Roger
06-15-2010, 09:52 AM
How did my rain pants work out on the way home.
They work great thank you i will return them soon have to go up and get service on the bike soon

Fellas, great seeing you at Evan's trailer on Wed! Sorry we didn't get the chance to say goodbye before you guys left- we may have been inside getting Beth's patches sewn on her vest. Ron- tell your son to get ready, I've got lots of goodies to have him install when you get a free Saturday! :D
Hope you both had a safe ride home & hope to see you soon!
Well with 3 wheels in the rain i had no problem but it was raining hard till i got to the kingston exit on the thruway. Hope to see you soon.