PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Recommendations

dancogan
06-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Hi,
My wife and I started shopping for a Spyder this weekend. We live in Saline, Michigan so the nearest dealer for us seems to be C&C in Brighton. I was wondering whether the members of the Forum have any recommendations of particularly good dealers, or any that we might want to avoid?

docdoru
06-14-2010, 07:44 AM
welcome
Service time and good/knowledgeable technicians are the most important in choosing a dealer. :doorag:

musicarcade
06-14-2010, 09:27 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20256

Don't see anything near you:(
but the list keeps growing.....

Some Guy
06-14-2010, 09:54 AM
welcome

It's not exactly close to you, but Grove's Motorsports in Mason is really good. I believe there are a couple people on this forum that go to C&C.

dancogan
06-14-2010, 12:02 PM
welcome

It's not exactly close to you, but Grove's Motorsports in Mason is really good. I believe there are a couple people on this forum that go to C&C.
Thank you! Mason isn't exactly in my back yard, but it's not all that far, either. (I used to live up in that area-Okemos.) I would like to hear from some C&C customers.

dltang
06-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi,
My wife and I started shopping for a Spyder this weekend. We live in Saline, Michigan so the nearest dealer for us seems to be C&C in Brighton. I was wondering whether the members of the Forum have any recommendations of particularly good dealers, or any that we might want to avoid?

We have only visited there and the folks seemed nice enough. Joan and Bob, members here that don't post all that often live in Brighton and they may be able to give you some insight, but I think they bought their spyders from the same place we did, NordRide in Flint. You can also consider sending a PM to Rando, he is in Romulus and I think he has been to C&C as his original dealer has closed. Wish I could be of more help.

By the way welcome. Hurry and buy your spyder and then you can come to the Chicago event with a group of us in 2 weeks. :2thumbs:

Rando
06-14-2010, 07:52 PM
I can't personally vouch for them, but you might want to try this one. Closer to you and I have heard good reports! I plan on using them when we need service. http://www.cementcityharley.com/

Hi,

dancogan
06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks again. The place in Cement City is a mostly Harley place. I was surprised to see that they are a Spyder dealer, but I signed up for a demo ride there in August. They run a nice shop there. I'm often out that way because it's a nice ride through the countryside and the burgers at the place next door, Artesian Wells, are really good!

The gathering in Chicago sounds like loads of fun - the kind of thing my wife and I would love. But it's coming a bit early in the game for us this year. We'll be riding to Vermont on the BMW first, then I need to sell one bike and buy another and that will take a bit of time. For the cost of the Spyder I really want one in the right color and set up the way I want.

Littlebadwolf
07-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I bought my Spyder from Town & Country Sports in Cement City...They've been terrific with me in the short time I've owned it. I've had them service my Harley for over 5 years and they've never shafted me...Mechanics and service is top notch.

dancogan
07-05-2010, 05:46 AM
I bought my Spyder from Town & Country Sports in Cement City...They've been terrific with me in the short time I've owned it. I've had them service my Harley for over 5 years and they've never shafted me...Mechanics and service is top notch.
Thanks for your input. Since we bought the Spyder Saturday, we made a lunch run over to The Wells on Sunday. When we pulled into the parking lot, Scott, the manager (owner?) came over, greeted us and told us about his service shop and how pleased they would be to take care of any service needs. They also give loaner bikes when yours is in for service. Sounds like a good place.

Littlebadwolf
07-07-2010, 09:24 PM
The service dept is excellent...Had my 1k maintenance done...$199...and they'd already installed my toe/heel shifter, mirror extentions and handlebar riser. It was storming like hell when I went to drive it home...they delivered it to my house at a big discount and called the next day to see if I was happy with thier service. I'd recommend them anytime. If you ever get over this way...get in touch...do some riding...Larry

dancogan
07-08-2010, 04:33 AM
The service dept is excellent...Had my 1k maintenance done...$199...and they'd already installed my toe/heel shifter, mirror extentions and handlebar riser. It was storming like hell when I went to drive it home...they delivered it to my house at a big discount and called the next day to see if I was happy with thier service. I'd recommend them anytime. If you ever get over this way...get in touch...do some riding...Larry
Would love to ride with some other Spyders! Maybe we need a Michigan meet & greet. I'll try to post something later in the summer. Maybe at the Wells, or maybe Lansing. (?)

Littlebadwolf
07-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I folks are interested, I can set up a meet and greet here in the Jackson area. I'm only 14 miles from the dealer (Town & Country) and the Wells (great food). It could be a ride day where we take a run over to Hell, MI and back. This would be a great opportunity for us Michigan Spyder owners to meet. Larry

SpyderAnn01
07-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Count me in!

Littlebadwolf
07-10-2010, 09:13 PM
I'll set the ride up for the 3rd Saturday in Aug with everybody meeting up at the Artesian Wells which is owned by the Dealer...(They're side by side on the highway). Details will follow later in the week...but it'll be a day to meet and greet, take a ride over to hell and back..They have live bands on Saturdays. Anyway...nothing's been planned so if you have any input as to what you'd like to do, leave me a note or better yet send me an email...Littlebadwolf@aol.com....Larry

dancogan
07-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Great location! I'll have to check family schedules to make sure we can make it, but sure hope so!