PDA

View Full Version : 2010 RT LCD dash display problems

Tom N
06-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Any thoughts as to why my LCD dash display would be turning off and on? When it began it was occcasional while driving, everything else still worked except the radio went off. I would drive for a while and then it would all come back on. Now it won't display anthing, radio still out, but still starts and runs fine. I would go straight to the shop, but I know I will have to leave it for a few days. Think a loose connector somewhere? Tom

NancysToy
06-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Possible loose connector at the back of the dash display, but not common or likely unless you or the dealer has had the dash off. Easy to check yourself. Possible loose relay, but also unlikely with just this symptom. Also easy to check. Most likely you have a bad display, and it will have to be replaced. You will have to leave it unless the dealer is willing to order it for you up front. Hard to have your cake and eat it too, unfortunately.

Bozzzz
06-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Any thoughts as to why my LCD dash display would be turning off and on? When it began it was occcasional while driving, everything else still worked except the radio went off. I would drive for a while and then it would all come back on. Now it won't display anthing, radio still out, but still starts and runs fine. I would go straight to the shop, but I know I will have to leave it for a few days. Think a loose connector somewhere? Tom

When I purchased my RT, the screen would work intermittingly. The screen was bad and was replaced.

The bad screen also affected my analog speedometer.

The warranty covered it, otherwise about $800.

chili
06-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Had problems with mine also. Would flicker and eventually shut down completely. After several trips to dealer they discovered a defect in the instrument package. Replacement on order. Two weeks wait from BRP.