PDA

View Full Version : Hurry Up & Wait

CyncySpyder
06-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Anyone else with the SE5 Tranny been told that the parts are on back-order & not projected to be at the factory til June 28th? I'm Very Frustrated with my Spyder & these Dealers are not much help at all. Even contacting BRP, I got an apology, but told nothing could be done right now, and that they will see what can be done once my Unit gets fixed. If they have the Unit more than 60 days, they have to take it back. I understand this is a 1st year production Unit, but customer care should be much better than it is, at least in my experience so far.

canam9
06-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Everyone here feels your pain.
welcome

Tenfour57
06-14-2010, 06:17 AM
This same thing has happened to me. Mine is now 7 weeks in the shop and we were waiting for the clutch parts, then fuel gauge parts. Supposedly parts were all here a week ago, but it is still not done. They have one Spyder tech and he also works on boats, and there are about 7 Spyders there needing service. Promising Tuesday now....

Please explain the "60 day rule".... who says that... BRP or the dealer and where is it written?

They just had a backorder for clutch parts, so I can't imagine they are out of parts again.

fastfraser
06-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Everyone here feels your pain.
welcome

:agree:+1

NorthStar
06-14-2010, 03:21 PM
BRP have sent out a recall notice to RT SE5 owners dated June 7, 2010. Just received my "official" letter today. My dealer told me that the parts have yet to be sent to him so the warranty work will have to wait until the parts are received. When this will happen is anybody's guess.

Hard to believe you would get a notice and be told to contact your dealer for an appointment just to be told they do not have the parts. :opps:
Fortunately I do not currently have an issue with the clutch, but I can only begin to imagine the frustrations of those who do and their machines are out of commission as a result. :gaah:

RTSLew
06-14-2010, 07:22 PM
dealer told me today parts not available for several weeks 3000 miles & no problems on mine yet:pray: