PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Adjusters

dave01
06-13-2010, 06:25 AM
My Spyder has had a bright and dim light since I purchased it, so I figured the lights were out of adjustment. Got out my trusty allen wrench, removed the right side cover and proceeded to fix it.......oops I mean break it. The adjuster was so tight that I could not turn it with the allen wrench.

Solution number 1. A long handled allen wrench, 2 quick turns and I felt the adjuster give up, snap, whatever you want to call it.:yikes::yikes:

Solution number 2. The dealer called and said bring the Spyder in Wed for a new adjuster cable and headlight assembly.:D:D

I gotta love my dealer for thier service :2thumbs::2thumbs:

docdoru
06-13-2010, 06:31 AM
The adjuster was so tight that I could not turn it with the allen wrench.
Solution number 3: don't use so much boost in your right hand...:roflblack:

dave01
06-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Solution number 3: don't use so much boost in your right hand...:roflblack:

When in doubt, use a bigger wrench......To quote you....." Its under warranty" :roflblack::roflblack::ohyea::ohyea::roflblack::ro flblack:

BumbleBee
06-13-2010, 10:42 AM
That's what you get for tinkering :joke::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack:

I am glad to hear that your Dealer will get it all fixed up for you :2thumbs:

dave01
06-13-2010, 04:05 PM
That's what you get for tinkering :joke::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack:

Awe, its so much fun tinkering. Its the only way to learn what to do....or what not to do:opps::opps:

dave01
06-17-2010, 06:08 AM

WOOHOO, no more winking Spyder. Both lights point in the same direction. The cable snapped off at the connector and the headlight module. Wonder how that happened..LOL:D:D:D