PDA

View Full Version : Ride Wright Wheels

SSG Bean
06-12-2010, 02:45 PM
After a day of polishing out the gouges left by a heavy handed tire tech, I have my wheels mounted on the spyder. I'll have to wait for another day to test them out. It's raining cats and dogs in the north KC area today. Thanks again to the folks at Ride Wright Wheels. :2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
06-12-2010, 02:50 PM
:2thumbs:

Do you have any plans to modify the fenders for more coverage over the new tires? Just curious.

Lamonster
06-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Wheels look great but I would ditch the fenders. :doorag:

SSG Bean
06-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to ditch the fenders as suggested. I'll look around for something that looks more the part. I'd like to find a decent plastic or fiberglass fender that covers the whole tire. I have plenty of time since it will take a bit of time for my pocket book to recover.

SpyderWolf
06-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I am sure you will be able to find something suitable; however, if you remove them I would avoid ryding in the rain. ;)

tatt2r
06-12-2010, 03:38 PM
were those custom made or do they stock those

SSG Bean
06-12-2010, 04:34 PM
were those custom made or do they stock those

They are custom cut, but this is one of the designs they have ready to put in the CNC machine. However, they will take customer designs and make any wheel you choose. With your creativity and ability, I'm sure the possibilities are endless. :2thumbs:

SSG Bean
06-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Wheels look great but I would ditch the fenders. :doorag:

Just came back in from the garage... Fenders are gone.

flyntiger
06-12-2010, 04:50 PM
After a day of polishing out the gouges left by a heavy handed tire tech, I have my wheels mounted on the spyder. I'll have to wait for another day to test them out. It's raining cats and dogs in the north KC area today. Thanks again to the folks at Ride Wright Wheels. :2thumbs:
Nice wheels what size are they?:2thumbs:

SSG Bean
06-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Nice wheels what size are they?:2thumbs:

They are 17x7 with 205/40 17 tires.

gjco
06-12-2010, 06:21 PM
we need new pics without the fenders now. looks great with a wide wheel base.

AMTJIM
06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Those look great. There's a spyder rim sales on ebay that makes wider fenders from fiberglass. They can have them painted, if you don't want to deal with that. You may want those fenders once you experience a puddle or rain. Too bad Ride Wright didn't make a black fender welt kit to go along, but it may look a little to Jeep with that anyways. I wish Arizona gravel or water wake wasn't a problem, mine would be gone too. I've given up on half helmets and had toooo many windshields replaced here already.
http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!BuSq!hgCWk~$(KGrHqV,!hsEv1+0GM+NBL+rw+zBM!~~_14.J PG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Can-Am-Can-Am-Spyder-Roadster-Custom-Wheels-/270585222735?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0022d64f
Second glance, these look like who you bought them from?

SSG Bean
06-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Those look great. There's a spyder rim sales on ebay that makes wider fenders from fiberglass. They can have them painted, if you don't want to deal with that. You may want those fenders once you experience a puddle or rain. Too bad Ride Wright didn't make a black fender welt kit to go along, but it may look a little to Jeep with that anyways. I wish Arizona gravel or water wake wasn't a problem, mine would be gone too. I've given up on half helmets and had toooo many windshields replaced here already.
http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!BuSq!hgCWk~$(KGrHqV,!hsEv1+0GM+NBL+rw+zBM!~~_14.J PG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Can-Am-Can-Am-Spyder-Roadster-Custom-Wheels-/270585222735?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0022d64f
Second glance, these look like who you bought them from?

I think that ebay seller is Immortal Kustomz. They also get their wheels from Ride Wright, so I'm not sure what the mark-up is. The fenders don't look too bad, but I may have the guy that painted my Spyder give me a bid on some fenders. He builds all kinds of hot rods and custom cars. He fabricates with both metal and fiberglass, so I'm sure he can do the job.

I'm sure I'll be in the market very soon. I'm not too concerned about rain, since I'm a pretty fair weather rider, but rocks and other debris tossed in my direction doesn't sound too desirable.

I'll report how things go and post pictures once the weather works itself out. I'll be out of town all next week, so hopefully I can get it done next Saturday or Sunday.

altonk
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
here are some carbon fiber fenders they are on my wish list

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Departments/Kit-Car/Cycle-Wings.aspx

SSG Bean
06-27-2010, 06:38 PM
here are some carbon fiber fenders they are on my wish list
http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Departments/Kit-Car/Cycle-Wings.aspx
Good find! I wish I could find something similar in the US, but I'm sure it won't be too much of a pain to import them. Thanks for the link. :2thumbs:

LOURACING
07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I took the orginal fender cut them in half and spaced them out 2 inches in the middle and fiberglass them i will have pics off mine soon

SpyderGirl
07-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Love the wheels, but you really gotta ditch those fenders. :yikes:

SSG Bean
07-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Love the wheels, but you really gotta ditch those fenders. :yikes:

Already done! If you look at my profile pic, you'll see that I took the advice of several people that shared your sentiment. I think I'm going to explore the carbon fenders previously mentioned in this thread at some point. However, I've got other items higher up on my wish list. Kewl Metal 7" bars are next!

kml354
07-17-2010, 06:16 AM
I just installed the 7" handlebars with the center console, best thing I've done so far. Kewl metal is a quality product.