PDA

View Full Version : Street Magic Add-ons

qasamm
06-12-2010, 09:41 AM
I've added a number of the Street Magic customization items on my Spyder and thought I'd share. I have to say these add-ons are the thing people comment most about after they get over the overall "What kind of bike is that?".

Brake covers- I added the parking and standard brake covers. Super easy add-on and they look great. Pull the nuts from under the factory rubber covers, insert the screw pegs into the billet covers and mount. The covers have a great spider and web engraving and each cover has 4 anti-slip bubs that bite into your boot for surefootedness.

Reservoir cover- the 1st SM custom item I added. It goes over the existing factory cover and comes with 2 longer bolts for the added height. Super easy and sharp looking. Its only disadvantage is it covers the sight glass so checking the clutch fluid requires you to take it off.

Clutch lever- Nice looking web cut lever design that complements the reservoir cover. Pop the retain clip from the bottom peg of the factory lever, search the ground for the spring that flies out and reassemble it with the new lever. It has a similar contour as the factory lever but is just a bit shorter. It retains the adjustable feature of the stock lever.

License Plate light- Another hot looking add on. I was able to find the one with "Spyder" etched into the head where the LED lights exist. This was the most involved install but still pretty simple. Remove the two nuts holding the existing plate light box from the inside of the rear fender. Without removing the fender you'll need a low profile socket. Cut the power wires as close to the gasket on the factory light box and strip off the wire ends. The add on comes with 2 crimps and heat shrink tape to connect the new plate. Also has lots of extra wire. I cut mine back rather than worrying about tucking it away. Add the bolt pegs to the new plate back and mount everything to the rear fender. It looks great but the LED lights pretty weak and do not light the whole license plate. Could work if the plate was thicker and it stood further out from the fender. I may try to remount somehow using the box from the factory light but this will take some creative rigging.

As far as I know the only Spyder options from Street Magic I have not ventured into are the foot pegs and swingarm covers. I don't want the swingarm covers, staying with the Phantom covers. I don't need the pegs up front since I have the SBF Racing floorboards which have their own pegs. I'm considering them for the passenger pegs but they are +$100 and also need the $32 adapters.

SpyderWolf
06-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a good start so far.

I did not think Street Magic had a license plate light available yet. If you got it from them, can you provide a link to it for us?

Of course, you have only scratched the surface with what other Street Magic options are available for your Spyder. You should take a look at their lighting options, like the LED Mud Flap lights, Day Runners, Fender Tips, and so on. :thumbup:

Have fun continuing to make your Spyder yours.

1VENOM
06-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Pic's please Sam :pray:

qasamm
06-12-2010, 03:37 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=781&pictureid=10294
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=781&pictureid=10297

License plate light was purchased on Ebay and was shrink wrapped on a Street Magic card. It has the same style as their other add-ons but the LEDs don't seem to fit their quality of lights.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=781&pictureid=10298