PDA

View Full Version : SBF Floorboards Added

qasamm
06-12-2010, 09:01 AM
This week I received and added the SBF Racing Floorboards to my Spyder. I contacted them and asked for them in all black. They look great on my Phantom Spyder and installation was pretty straight forward. I did have one issue with the right side floorboard- the bolt that goes through the bottom of the driver peg and into the floorboard shaft seems to be drilled too close to the mount on the Spyder and will not go in. It seems secure without it but I'm sure its there for a reason.

I did a few rides with them installed and here is my feedback. The new driver pegs you end up having after these are on are a bit higher. I had become accustom to the old position with the factory setup. Getting my boot under the shift peg is a bit awkward and will take some getting used to. There is enough space for me, its just different. I could see someone with a larger boot having and issue though.

The braking side is no problem. I like the peg positioning and had zero issue adapting to the slightly different height of the peg on this side.

I like the position of the boards. When cruising I drop me feet off the pegs onto the floorboards for a nice relaxed leg position. Its not the stretch I would imagine with add on pegs or floorboards further up front using other solutions. Perfect for me.

I may add non-skid tape strips to the floorboards. Not for any specific function other than to dull up the gloss finish (I have a Phantom after all!).

I'm contacting SBF about the right side bold issue and will share any feedback I get from them. Overall, a good investment of $400.:2thumbs:

docdoru
06-12-2010, 09:33 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15286
Move the shifter:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/DSC00626.jpg?t=1257093260

Some Guy
06-12-2010, 11:11 AM
:agree: I bought these floorboards after seeing Doc's. I moved the shifter nob as well. It's really easy...there is a 10mm nut on the bottom. Loosen it and rotate the shifter nob. It's still a little tight when wearing my boots, so I'm considering moving the shifter arm up a notch, though I'm not sure if I'll have to modify (cut) the plastic piece to allow for the additional movement.

I really do like these floorboards. :thumbup: I find they really help by allowing me to sit differently when ryding. Highway pegs are not an option for me due to an issue with my left hip :gaah: (and I'm only 48!).

qasamm
06-12-2010, 02:06 PM
I already had the shifter knob in the furthest rotation and thought that was it for adjustments. This AM I looked under the Tupperware and there is another adjustment point. Got my wrenches and moved it a few positions up- no cutting needed for the move I made but if you go much further it could need to be done.

Did a quick ride and all is well now.

burg650
06-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Do you have the web site for them.

docdoru
06-12-2010, 02:30 PM
http://www.sfbracing.net

SpyderWolf
06-12-2010, 02:30 PM

www.sfbracing.net (http://www.sfbracing.net)

:congrats: to the OP on your new floor boards as well. Glad to hear you got the shifter issue worked out.

qasamm
06-17-2010, 03:38 AM
I did hear back from SBF Racing on the "problem" I had with the right side floorboard bolt. It seems I am my father's son- I did not clearly read the instructions which would have told me to insert the bolt -before- mounting the floorboards on the peg mount.

I'm traveling and have not tried to do it the right way but am sure this will do the trick.:joke:

kencraft
08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
any one know if sfbracing is still in business? called and got answering machine. left message but they don"t call back. been over 1 week now. have called several times. thanks for any help.

qasamm
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
They were a bit slow to reply by email because they were on the road when I inquired. They may just be out enjoying life- might want to sen them an email also.

kencraft
08-17-2010, 07:09 PM
thanks, i will try email.

NancysToy
08-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Many of these specialty vendors are small businesses, or even individual proprietors. Some even have regular jobs in addition to their accessory businesses. All deserve vacations, like the rest of us, and they get sick, have families, etc. They also attend events like Sturgis, to show their wares. They also depend on outside shops to produce their wares...and wait agonizingly for deliveries, like the rest of us. Every week it seems someone gets irate or concerned because such a vendor does not answer their phone, return a message, answer their email, or ship quickly. It seems we are an impatient lot!

I'd suggest allowing a reasonable period of time for a response, especially if there is a major event going on. A little patience goes a long way. Most of these vendors are honorable...give them a chance.

OK, I have donned my flak jacket...you can blast away.

Erags
08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
I email them a couple of times about using their rear floorboards with saddlebags. They are out of stock as of a couple of days ago, but are working on getting them made. hope to have my sets before Sypders in the Smokies.

I called them and they answer right away. These are the only rear floorboards that will work with saddlebags and that is what I was looking for.

fastfraser
08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Many of these specialty vendors are small businesses, or even individual proprietors. Some even have regular jobs in addition to their accessory businesses. All deserve vacations, like the rest of us, and they get sick, have families, etc. They also attend events like Sturgis, to show their wares. They also depend on outside shops to produce their wares...and wait agonizingly for deliveries, like the rest of us. Every week it seems someone gets irate or concerned because such a vendor does not answer their phone, return a message, answer their email, or ship quickly. It seems we are an impatient lot!

I'd suggest allowing a reasonable period of time for a response, especially if there is a major event going on. A little patience goes a long way. Most of these vendors are honorable...give them a chance.

OK, I have donned my flak jacket...you can blast away.

As always well put .:thumbup:

kencraft
08-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Trying to be patient, would like to have the floorboards in time for Lamont's barbeque. Hope to see you all there! Ken Craft

nudle
08-18-2010, 12:05 PM
:gaah:Rear floorboards will not work with a SE5. I had a problem with access to the parking brake.

VaughnCat
09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks for all the input on the SFB floorboards. Ours arrived last Friday and Vaughn installed them on the RS last weekend.... took all of 15 minutes. He is really impressed with the machining and design.

We each had a chance to put them to the test as we put on a lot of miles during the Labor Day weekend, and we both love them! :2thumbs:

Cat