PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 12 step program?

pierrelogic
06-12-2010, 07:02 AM
I've have had my Spyder now for 56 days and am averaging 57 miles per day. That equates to over 20,000 a year if I ryde it all twelve months (which is a real possibility). I drive a max of only 30 miles round trip 5 days a week to work so I'm obviously exceeding that average by quite a bit. I've never driven a vehicle over 13,000 miles a year in my life. Normally it's 11K. I'm ryding in my first poker run (http://ohiofallenheroes.org/events/index.php) today so add at least another 150+ today.

Do I need help? Is there a 12 step program for this obsession? :chat: :D

Seriously...having the time of my life. I took a mini drive to no where a couple days ago. It was muggy with very little wind. As I was driving around I could actually smell who was grilling in their backyards. I could smell who had chlorinated pools. I could smell actually fresh air. Never experienced the variety of odors while driving before. Still getting used to the open air... :2thumbs:

docdoru
06-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Do I need help? Is there a 12 step program for this obsession?
"Hello, my name is..... and I'm a Spyder Addict!"
welcome :thumbup:

FANG
06-12-2010, 08:26 AM
12 step program for Spyder addiction

Step 1 - Ryde your spyder more!!!!

Steps 2 -12 repeat step 1. :D:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

IWN2RYD
06-12-2010, 08:38 AM
This reminds me a lot about my first few months as a kid with my first car... :thumbup:

The problem is we are no longer kids and it lasts a lot longer!!! Good thing there is a "Passenger" seat otherwise the divorce rate in our country might have had a sudden rise! :roflblack::cus:

I like he idea of a 12 step program... We need two though... One for when we have our Spyders, and another for when they are in the shop :2thumbs:

scudrunner
06-12-2010, 09:44 AM
12 step program for Spyder addiction

Step 1 - Ryde your spyder more!!!!

Steps 2 -12 repeat step 1. :D:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

I thought Step 12 was "Post your experiences on SpyderLovers.com" :thumbup:

aka1004
06-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I've have had my Spyder now for 56 days and am averaging 57 miles per day. That equates to over 20,000 a year if I ryde it all twelve months (which is a real possibility). I drive a max of only 30 miles round trip 5 days a week to work so I'm obviously exceeding that average by quite a bit. I've never driven a vehicle over 13,000 miles a year in my life. Normally it's 11K. I'm ryding in my first poker run (http://ohiofallenheroes.org/events/index.php) today so add at least another 150+ today.

Do I need help? Is there a 12 step program for this obsession? :chat: :D

Seriously...having the time of my life. I took a mini drive to no where a couple days ago. It was muggy with very little wind. As I was driving around I could actually smell who was grilling in their backyards. I could smell who had chlorinated pools. I could smell actually fresh air. Never experienced the variety of odors while driving before. Still getting used to the open air... :2thumbs:

you think you have a problem now? wait till your spyder goes in for service for few days or a week and suffer thru spyder WITHDRAWAL. :D
waiting for parts... swing by the dealer only to see your spyder tech working on some crappy 2 wheeler.

dltang
06-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Well, if there is a 12 step program, I'm not going. I am an addict and I plan on staying that way. I ride almost every day and all year long here in MI so I know you can do it in OH too. Sure some days, the snow and ice do prevent us from riding but the cold can be overcome. I gave up smoking and drinking and I don't drink coffee so I need a vice. My spyder is my vice..LOL :2thumbs:

Some Guy
06-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Reminds me of the old line: "I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk; alcoholics have to go to meetings" :roflblack:

My name is Mike S. and I'm a Spyder-holic. :D

SpyderWolf
06-12-2010, 12:44 PM
12 step program?

We don't need no stinking 12 step program. :D

canam9
06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
12 step program?

We don't need no stinking 12 step program. :D

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

boborgera
06-12-2010, 08:19 PM
:chat: :D

As I was driving around I could actually smell who was grilling in their backyards. I could smell who had chlorinated pools. I could smell actually fresh air. Never experienced the variety of odors while driving before. Still getting used to the open air... :2thumbs:

:spyder:
Don't forget the smell of the guy in a car in front of you Sucking on a
Cigarette.:shocked:

SpyderWolf
06-12-2010, 09:00 PM
:spyder:
Don't forget the smell of the guy in a car in front of you Sucking on a
Cigarette.:shocked:

Every party needs a pooper, don't you know. :(

Blue Star
06-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Still getting used to the open air... :2thumbs:

I like it when riding and you feel the temperature change point (either colder or warmer).

ArmyJoe
06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
12-step programs are for quitters! :joke: