PDA

View Full Version : Already in the shop

Fire Joe
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Just took ownership of my 08 Spyder this past Sun. and now it's at Cowtown's for what possibly is a bad oil pressure sending unit. Oil light stays on and at or above 4K rpms it starts to sputter. No limp mode code though so that has to be good. Hopefully that is all that is wrong with it. Getting the stock exhaust replaced while it's there, going with TBR.

I am already going through withdrawals :gaah: lol

Firefly
06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Just took ownership of my 08 Spyder this past Sun. and now it's at Cowtown's for what possibly is a bad oil pressure sending unit. Oil light stays on and at or above 4K rpms it starts to sputter. No limp mode code though so that has to be good. Hopefully that is all that is wrong with it. Getting the stock exhaust replaced while it's there, going with TBR.

I am already going through withdrawals :gaah: lol
You're at the right place for sure!

Oil pressure switch is a simple install---- I'm sure you'll be fine.....:thumbup:

xpeschon
06-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Agreed, Cowtown is the place to be.. I myself had the same problem, I'm sure Dan and Len will take care of you.. This seems to be a pretty common problem, I know MoLee had has done as well.. So that makes 3 of us in a radius of about 60 miles,, Wondering why... Runs perfect now..

Joe
(X)

Fire Joe
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
I am new to the Spyder still and in the MO chapter forum Cowtown seems to come highly recommended so that is where I had the tow truck take it, so thanks to all for giving feedback on dealerships as it helps riders like myself to know where to go when having problems :2thumbs:

@ Joe... I talked to Tom in service when I called. Sounds like a real nice guy and very helpful with the limited info I gave him.

BajaRon
06-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I am new to the Spyder still and in the MO chapter forum Cowtown seems to come highly recommended so that is where I had the tow truck take it, so thanks to all for giving feedback on dealerships as it helps riders like myself to know where to go when having problems :2thumbs:

@ Joe... I talked to Tom in service when I called. Sounds like a real nice guy and very helpful with the limited info I gave him.

You (and your Spyder) are in good hands at Cowtown.

Mo Lee
06-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Don't think you will find a better place!

Dragonrider
06-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Let's see - all of you are from Missouri…. hmmmm - could it be that chiggers eat oil sensors???? :roflblack:

Mo Lee
06-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Let's see - all of you are from Missouri…. hmmmm - could it be that chiggers eat oil sensors???? :roflblack:
Sounds like you have visited our lovely State in mid summer.

xpeschon
06-11-2010, 06:52 AM

You know what, you could be on to something there!!! Although I think I have only had Chiggers once it was a PAINFULL ordeal... Nasty little dudes for sure..

spyderbitten
06-11-2010, 07:00 AM
Cowtown will get it right ..........the first time :2thumbs:

Mike

Fire Joe
06-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Cowtown will get it right ..........the first time :2thumbs:

Mike

Have no doubt. Seems everyone from MO has high praises for Cowtown. I just hope they don't get tired of me calling them :D I can't seem to remember everything at once and since I got the Spyder used there are a few things I want looked at. Case in point I just remembered that the parking brake doesn't work too well so I will have to call them yet again today to let them know to look at it, so long as it doesn't add to the wait time. I have only been able to ride it 3 days so far so I am itching to get back on lol

canam9
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
So I hear this Cowtown is the place.

Mo Lee
06-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Have no doubt. Seems everyone from MO has high praises for Cowtown.
A whole lot of Spyderlovers from other States as well! Let's just say we Missouri Spyders let the cat out of the bag and decided to share in our good fortune.

BumbleBee
06-11-2010, 06:22 PM
welcome and :congrats:, you came to the right place.

Many of us go to CowTown for our Service, installing of goodies, troubles, BBQ, and much more, including me :2thumbs:

You are no bother to them, call all you want, I do when I have
questions :D

They will fix you up, great Tech's there :2thumbs:

Fire Joe
06-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Just got back from getting my Spyder from Cowtown and I must say... what a great bunch of people there!!! I met Tom and Dan and they really are two of the nicest guys I've ever come across. Tom did an excellent job on my ryde. I thought it rode great before but what a difference now!

I can now truly see why they come highly recommended and as for me and my Spyder, we will always be loyal to Cowtown from here on out:2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
06-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Just got back from getting my Spyder from Cowtown and I must say... what a great bunch of people there!!! I met Tom and Dan and they really are two of the nicest guys I've ever come across. Tom did an excellent job on my ryde. I thought it rode great before but what a difference now!

I can now truly see why they come highly recommended and as for me and my Spyder, we will always be loyal to Cowtown from here on out:2thumbs:

:congrats: on getting your Spyder back and having a great service experience with Cowtown as well.