PDA

View Full Version : Air Pressure

tjfischer
06-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Those of you that have had a Spyder for a while know what a pain in the butt it is to check the air pressure, or put air in the rear tire. I have a Fix.

I am sure others have done this, but I finally got around to it.

Next time you replace your rear tire. Install a 90 degree valve stem. Have it installed at a slight angle (slightly turned). Installing it it this manner you can actually put air in your tire without using any profanity.

Here are a couple picts. Its easier to see than explain.

MarkLawson
06-09-2010, 08:40 PM
What a simple solution to a truly stupid problem BRP made. Thanks!
:2thumbs:

1VENOM
06-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Nice job, great pics, thank you for your effort. :2thumbs::clap:

Star Cruiser
06-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Those of you that have had a Spyder for a while know what a pain in the butt it is to check the air pressure, or put air in the rear tire. I have a Fix.

I am sure others have done this, but I finally got around to it.

Next time you replace your rear tire. Install a 90 degree valve stem. Have it installed at a slight angle (slightly turned). Installing it it this manner you can actually put air in your tire without using any profanity.

Here are a couple picts. Its easier to see than explain.

GREAT simple solution. Timely as well. i am replacing my rear tire soon. I will definitely add this "Mod"

musicarcade
06-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks- I'll remember this if I ever change my back tire
Currently I don't worry about it because my Spyder rydes on trailers
:doorag:

pjp623
06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Now that just makes way too much sense. Thanks :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Raptor
06-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again... That is a great idea!! :2thumbs: One I shall remember fer sure.

Speaking of pressures... I have moved up the pressures on all tires. Nothing drastic but enough to get a bit better spring rate from the side walls. So I am at 17/17/27 now. Cornering has improved as a result! :ohyea:

2010 RS-S, Ultra Touring Windshield, 2" Riser, Waiting for my Sport Rack and Back Rest to come in