PDA

View Full Version : So who wants to take a guess for 2011?

Smylinacha
06-09-2010, 06:22 PM
What do you think they'll come out with?

I have no clue. Ya think it's just gonna be new colors or maybe new :spyder:???? :popcorn:

Amanda B
06-09-2010, 06:37 PM
If I were coming out with a new Spyder...I think I would make one with fewer computers (less to go wrong on it) and a bigger engine. I thought I read somewhere at one point they were considering a cheaper version with a smaller engine, but I don't remember where I heard or read that.

RoadHammer
06-09-2010, 07:11 PM

I have no clue. Ya think it's just gonna be new colors or maybe new :spyder:???? :popcorn:
colors ya, maybe a stereo option too.

Bersquack
06-09-2010, 07:13 PM
A new problem? :roflblack:

COOLMACHINE
06-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I'd take another gear. Tunes? Yes please. (:

- Tim -
06-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I've been wondering about this too...

Someone had posted that a friend of theirs test drives for BRP (specifically Spyder) and that we are going to love what is coming for 2011. I have not found that post again yet but I read it in the last two weeks. I asked a local dealer (sales guy on the floor) about the what's coming and he says that he will not find out about it until a dealer show in September. I don't know if that time line is true or not. It would be great to know what is in store for the next model year for my pending first-time purchasing decisions!

Tim

Smylinacha
06-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I heard a smaller displacement Spyder too (which I would not get) but I'd love to see some audio and/or fairing for the GS's

Longlegs
06-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I would like to see cruiser model. Based on the GS but with the RT type fairing and radio. No rear baggage. Just move the bars back, pegs forward, and ADD A HANDBRAKE.

SpyderGirl
06-09-2010, 09:36 PM
They will most likely never add a handbrake, so you might as well forget about that.

A communications or stereo system would be nice for the RS.

IWN2RYD
06-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Man... I would have a little bit of a hard time thinking they would change much beyond colors and options the second year out. Maybe even a little body work. I would love to be wrong!

Personally.... I would love to see a key type "Performance" options like the new BRP Commander (http://www.pedaltothemetal.com/index.php/news_story/brp_announces_2011_can_am_commander_line_up.html) has. A taller fifth gear, more bottom end (AKA Tork), Handbrake, adjustable handle bar (Height) and it be about six inches longer in the seating area. 2" for the driver 4" for the passenger... Allowing for more comfort for the passenger and fuel capacity to boot!!!

Now someone in Illinois, Wisconsin or North Carolina peak into the window at the US manufacturing plants (According to this link) (http://corp.brp.com/en-CA/Company/Global.Presence.htm)and spill the beans for us!!! :2thumbs::doorag::spyder2:

Smylinacha
06-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like your thinkin:thumbup:

I would like to see cruiser model. Based on the GS but with the RT type fairing and radio. No rear baggage. Just move the bars back, pegs forward, and ADD A HANDBRAKE.

obiwanbill
06-09-2010, 09:53 PM
many handicapped ( I lost right leg above the knee due to MRSA) have got a Spyder when a 2 wheeler is no longer an option. Hardley and Hondu Trikes cost 10-15k more than a Spyder...used ones usually have been in a wreck.

I put in a mechanical link (a clutch handle and cable) to the foot brake to have a hand brake. Added a radio/MP3 player

The next generation of Spyders need a friggin' hand brake!...6th gear and a MP3 jack/amplifier. handle bars pulled back so I don't need a chiropractor! MOVE the damn gas filler out in plain access/view, not hidden under the seat!!

Smylinacha
06-09-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't care much about a hand brake but a fairing w/ tunes would be nice and give us some forward type controls. No bags, I don't need no bags. 2 or 4 speakers in the fairing would be nice. Good size amp in the trunk. Maybe dual can exhaust that slants up really cool - black it all out - take all the silver out of it - keep everything blacked out but the body panels you choose in the factory colors or get a nice custom paint job.

They will most likely never add a handbrake, so you might as well forget about that.

A communications or stereo system would be nice for the RS.

Smylinacha
06-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Took me a while but I kind of got used to no hand brake. I didn't read your post until after I just posted the last post but I do see your point about a handbrake. Not sure how that all ties in w/ the brake they got on there now but it should be some type of option for people who want it. I know that some miss having a handbrake.

many handicapped ( I lost right leg above the knee due to MRSA) have got a Spyder when a 2 wheeler is no longer an option. Hardley and Hondu Trikes cost 10-15k more than a Spyder...used ones usually have been in a wreck.

I put in a mechanical link (a clutch handle and cable) to the foot brake to have a hand brake. Added a radio/MP3 player

The next generation of Spyders need a friggin' hand brake!...6th gear and a MP3 jack/amplifier. handle bars pulled back so I don't need a chiropractor!

Firefly
06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
BRP is well known for making new model updates every 2 years. Original Spyders 2008. RT 2010. So I doubt 2011 will have anything more than cosmetic changes. 2012 will be the year to watch IMO.

I could see them adding a handbrake, especially since the Spyder has become so popular with those that are impaired. I don't know of any other real option for them with a thumb shift and 3 wheels.

Less computers??? Not gonna happen- and for good reason. You really don't want to ryde one of these without the various safety system enabled.

Since they already have a touring model, and the RS/GS is basically a cruiser/sport --- the next step I would think would be a true sport version.:dontknow:

As far as tunes go, I've never been a big fan of blaring my tunes for the whole world to hear. I find it offensive in cars or on bikes and many areas have '50 foot' laws pertaining to music from vehicles. You have to play the bike music extra loud considering you're wearing a helmet and earplugs--- just makes more sense to me to go with speakers in the helmet or earbuds/earfuse type setup.

Doesn't much matter to me what they come out with--- I'm keeping my current Spyder until the wheels fall off!

Neez
06-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Everything I would want them to do to the RS-SE5 is already available in the aftermarket. Just make the basic Spyder more reliable, I'll put together my own cruiser.

IWN2RYD
06-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Everything I would want them to do to the RS-SE5 is already available in the aftermarket. Just make the basic Spyder more reliable, I'll put together my own cruiser.

You know... That is a much better idea! Like all my rifles... Sell me a solid product and let me accessorize it to my needs :thumbup::ohyea::agree:

NewRider
06-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Amen! My sentiments, exactly.:ani29:

venom
06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
2011 its going to be a side-by- side four wheeler i saw a picture....nice

ARtraveler
06-10-2010, 11:48 AM
I would like to see more color options, a bigger engine, adjustable floor boards for driver, and a stock seat (heated) that you can ride all day on.

Sarge707
06-10-2010, 12:09 PM
BRP is well known for making new model updates every 2 years. Original Spyders 2008. RT 2010. So I doubt 2011 will have anything more than cosmetic changes. 2012 will be the year to watch IMO.

I could see them adding a handbrake, especially since the Spyder has become so popular with those that are impaired. I don't know of any other real option for them with a thumb shift and 3 wheels.

Less computers??? Not gonna happen- and for good reason. You really don't want to ryde one of these without the various safety system enabled.

Since they already have a touring model, and the RS/GS is basically a cruiser/sport --- the next step I would think would be a true sport version.:dontknow:

As far as tunes go, I've never been a big fan of blaring my tunes for the whole world to hear. I find it offensive in cars or on bikes and many areas have '50 foot' laws pertaining to music from vehicles. You have to play the bike music extra loud considering you're wearing a helmet and earplugs--- just makes more sense to me to go with speakers in the helmet or earbuds/earfuse type setup.

Doesn't much matter to me what they come out with--- I'm keeping my current Spyder until the wheels fall off!
:agree:Usually ever 2 years. Improve on the current model in between.
Loud pipes and blaring speakers just get you a hearing aid (What you Say?) FAST.
Give me my Scull Candy Ink,s and my MP3 with 100 classic vinyl tunes (On Meduim Loud Only) and I,m in heaven!!!:doorag:

Florida Rev
06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Just my .02 worth, but a better handlebar position and windshield shouldn't have to be an aftermarket option. BRP should offer these basic mods.

moabgirl
06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
Air conditioning! Just kidding...........but it can get to 110 out here.

Justin
06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Just my .02 worth, but a better handlebar position and windshield shouldn't have to be an aftermarket option. BRP should offer these basic mods.

They do. They have 4 different windshields and riser.

musicarcade
06-10-2010, 02:12 PM

I hope they come out with more dealers instead of less, and more qualified technicians to work on Spyders.
Also, maybe a :spyder2: that doesn't need a recall:D

I know... I ask for too much....:sour:

Blue Star
06-10-2010, 05:13 PM

One wheel in front, and two in back?

boborgera
06-10-2010, 05:26 PM
One wheel in front, and two in back?

Thats been done [worng] before.:roflblack:

Smylinacha
06-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Add a rifle holder! :2thumbs:

You know... That is a much better idea! Like all my rifles... Sell me a solid product and let me accessorize it to my needs :thumbup::ohyea::agree:

Way2Fast
06-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Expect another engine option for 2011.

Smylinacha
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Smaller is what I heard - WHY? Who would want SMALLER? If they want smaller they can go buy that knock off 250

Expect another engine option for 2011.

NancysToy
06-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Add a rifle holder! :2thumbs:
20 mm rear cannon...for tailgaiters! :joke:

Firefly
06-10-2010, 11:45 PM

They do offer that---- it's called the Spyder RT.

AMTJIM
06-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Maybe G&G and BMW finished the path through federal law and we will see a quad?

Dragonrider
06-11-2010, 09:42 AM
My hope would be a base RS with the RT ergos - bars & boards. I like to build my own bikes - and then change it later :D

Looking at the SxS - I expect two motors, an 800 to lower cost, and a slight bump in cc's to 1K....

DragonSpyder
06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Here is my want list for the RS

1. Better seating, footpeg, and handlebar position
2. Somewhere around 175 RWHP
3. Adjustable length swingarm
4. Different tire options. The fronts roll too quickly and rear is rough ride and balloons/wears in the middle.

retread
06-11-2010, 12:21 PM
How about the 800 cc engine out of the Commander in a slightly down sized cruiser Spyder?
Or the 1200 cc out of the SeaDoo in the RT?

john

canam9
06-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I think BNG, Bold New Graffix. Its what the others do.
I'd like to see one that just works all the time with no head aches.:clap:

pitbull
06-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi guys, just got back from club brp in Reno Nevada. Don't look for to much diffrent in 11 besides some color, The new Commander is awesome!!! took it a few rounds around the test tracks......the spyder this time was not much of the high lite......sorry guys they turned there guns on the can-am atv line and the new commanders.......but no worries they have a few new things comming in 2012 that i think you guys are going to like!!!!:2thumbs:

Smylinacha
06-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Nice! :thumbup:

20 mm rear cannon...for tailgaiters! :joke:

Amanda B
06-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't care much about a hand brake but a fairing w/ tunes would be nice and give us some forward type controls. No bags, I don't need no bags. 2 or 4 speakers in the fairing would be nice. Good size amp in the trunk. Maybe dual can exhaust that slants up really cool - black it all out - take all the silver out of it - keep everything blacked out but the body panels you choose in the factory colors or get a nice custom paint job.

I agree it was too darn hard to black out the stupid silver parts. I never could figure out, why the picked that silver color anyway. Yuck!

obiwanbill
06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
I hope they come out with more dealers instead of less, and more qualified technicians to work on Spyders.
Also, maybe a :spyder2: that doesn't need a recall:D

I know... I ask for too much....:sour:

1. In my area, the local Spyder-Honda/Yamaha/Sukusi/Kawasaki/Victory dealer and service mgr have proven to be dishonest and I refuse to go there.
2. Instead I drove an hour to Belleville Mi to buy a Spyder...Owner shut down that outlet 2 weeks later (he owns 1/2 dozen in area).
3. Drove 15 minutes further to Plymouth Mi and found a very honest excellent service mgr(Dewey)...then they shut down Plymouth.
4. Dewey and much of his staff moved to owner's dealership in Ann Arbor...they can do oil changes there, but anytyhing else, they want to put it on a flatbed and run it another hour north to Flint. yikes! thank Gawd nothing has malfunctioned since last oil change last Fall.

Yes they need more dealers and need to fire crooks like in my paragraph 1

boborgera
06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
:ohyea:
This reminds me of a dream sheet from my Army days!
Anyway = 2011 should have, Front wheel drive:yes:

effgjamis
06-30-2010, 07:09 PM
heh..... what about auto pilot for the ole peeps ????:joke::roflblack:

hondaman
06-30-2010, 07:30 PM
I bet nothing will change.The atv and sxs is where it is at this year.I have one on order.........

bone crusher
06-30-2010, 08:09 PM
My hope would be a base RS with the RT ergos - bars & boards. I like to build my own bikes - and then change it later :D

Looking at the SxS - I expect two motors, an 800 to lower cost, and a slight bump in cc's to 1K....

from 998 to 1000...that is rather modest...I wonder if they say 990 or 998 to affect insurance costs or something? Maybe that 1000 is a magical number of some sort?

bone crusher
06-30-2010, 08:10 PM
heh..... what about auto pilot for the ole peeps ????:joke::roflblack:

They have that...it's called the SE5...:D

SilverSurfer
07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Whatever they do for 2011, if anything, I only hope one can reverse engineer it into the 2010's. Let's say they managed to fit the Rotax 1125cc (used in the last year of the Buells). If they can do that without adding weight, then the increased hp to weight ratio should result in better miles per gallon.

My actual expectation though will be that they do little to change the machine. It's a good machine. Movin' up to 3K on mine and it's been bullet proof ... even before the clutch recall. I'm adding Stage 1+ elkas and a Utopia backrest to make everything just right.

Otherwise, The RT is what she is. The naysayers always seem to have the loudest voices; but they really are a minority ... I'll bet under 10%.

:f_spider:

Dragonrider
07-06-2010, 02:13 PM
They're going to have to focus on the ATV line - anyone who thinks they can sell ATVs for the price of a Spyder in today's economy better plan on SMALL production lots...

widowmaker2011
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Whatever they do for 2011, if anything, I only hope one can reverse engineer it into the 2010's. Let's say they managed to fit the Rotax 1125cc (used in the last year of the Buells). If they can do that without adding weight, then the increased hp to weight ratio should result in better miles per gallon.

My actual expectation though will be that they do little to change the machine. It's a good machine. Movin' up to 3K on mine and it's been bullet proof ... even before the clutch recall. I'm adding Stage 1+ elkas and a Utopia backrest to make everything just right.

Otherwise, The RT is what she is. The naysayers always seem to have the loudest voices; but they really are a minority ... I'll bet under 10%.

:f_spider:

Eventually there will be a new motor, but it will not be the 1125. That motor is STILL licensed to Harley Davidson, so even though Buell is not producing "road" bikes , Eric is still building race only 1125r's using that motor. The equally compelling reason is if anyone has ever spent some serious seat time on the 1125 , you'd note the additional HP comes at a cost , Torque peak is 68 ft/lbs at 7800 rpm , The current Spyder RT makes 80ft/lbs @ 5500 rpm. Torque moves us and the 1125 just would not be a good fit , performance wise. There WILL be a new , purpose built motor for the RT in the future. After comparing my RT back to back with my Yamaha Royal star Venture 1300cc V4 , the RT is no where as slow as anyone thinks it is. ;)

Dudley
07-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I would like to see a dual electrical system. Run the VSS, Traction Control, etc., through the computer. Use "idiot" lights to tell you when a headlight, tail light, or signal light is out, or when the brake fluid is low. When you go into "limp mode" for a light issue, that's a bit of an overkill.
Activate the parking brake through the hydraulic system instead of using a cable...hydraulics don't stretch.
Make it easier to check the oil level...why should the oil have to be hot and checked 30 seconds after the engine is turned off.

bonehead
07-06-2010, 07:49 PM
6 GEAR, right hand brake,Tunes, Detachable tour box that that would fit existing BRP rack fixture, cooler running motor, this thing is hot on the right side. :clap: we'd our bikes for a week and love it so far. Middletown,Oh dealer has been a pleasure so far to deal with!