PDA

View Full Version : Heat redirection

burntup
06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone in the spyder community had thought of some pro made vents or louvers for the right side. I was thinking of getting a fiberglass or aluminum prototype made for my rt. I have seen the oil jug and milk jug thread but I would like to put something there that really added to the bike. Any ideas of material or type of shop I should go to, to ask them to build it. Thanks for your ideas.

The hole could be pluged and take The bottom splash guard off and let heat go down but if we could come up with a bolt on solution it would help me a lot. Thanks lamenter for the suggestion:helpsmilie::chat::chat:

3Ryder
06-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Any solution needs to accelerate the flow of air to at least the same degree as the right side opening accomplishes currently. I'm sure the lack of a grill on the right side is an indication of how close to the edge the cooling is in the current design. It would be great if the airflow could be directed down and under the bike as you suggest. Even if only some of that blowtorch could be directed downward, there would be a comfort improvement.

Sonrisa
06-28-2010, 04:34 PM
I wrote an email to Carlo about this issue. He is in charge of keeping people informed about problems, etc. for BRP. If more people write to him about this, maybe they will do something. I think this is a serious problem. I actually melted the glue on a pair of shoes I was using!
He can be contacted at spydertechsupport@brp.com. You do need to be an owner to contact him. Also they want you to include your VIN # when contacting them.:chat:

Ronsam
06-28-2010, 08:45 PM
I remouved the plastic under the oil thank [left ] and the radiator [ right ]

it,s working good. :2thumbs:

syclemom
06-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Made a heat deflector for my wifes bike from dark plexiglass fitted in the radiator opening, have to form then remove side panels to drill and mount but she says night and day difference, Can only say read up on new bike models, sport touring etc. , air management is an ongoing process and have NEVER heard of any manufacturer hitting it on first year models, i.e. FJR1300, Concours 14 ,and anyone who has felt the heat off of a Goldwings radiators in summer will testify, I feel some new to Motorcycles,trikes, should not have purchased a FIRST YEAR model of a completely new type of machine, if you did patience is the Rabbit in this race , this seems to be a very well thought out first model , and for those wondering I DO NOT ride my wifes RTS but rarely. I am a 35,000mi. a yr. Yamaha Venture Rider, so I feel my opinions are unbiased, has too many wheels for me, I only pay the note .

Tilty
06-28-2010, 09:51 PM
I have the RS model with the same heat issues my pipes are coming off this winter I'm going to have them ceramic coated.

Works on hot rods with cutting down under hood heat.

Just a thought.