PDA

View Full Version : Back off Buddy - will it work

murphybrown
06-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I own a 2010 RT SE5 with audio/convenience. Wanting to get more lights on my "backside" (well, that should create lots of comments!!!!)....anyone have experience or knowledge about if the Back Off Buddy module would be compatible?

Thanks so much.

dave711
06-09-2010, 03:20 PM
check out magic man post for rt 3rd stop light. Or custom dynamics...

NancysToy
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
The ESI third brake light, which can be equipped with an extra harness to allow running light operation too, is a good step, but for my money the ESI mudflap lights are by far and away the best, most visible aftermarket lights I have ever seen. I would consider both. If my RTS will stay out of the shop for a while, I will add these to mine. You could do a lower tech approach, like Hyper-Lites, but the ESI lights look like they "grew" there! Not a better product on the market anywhere!!!

InspectorGadget
06-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I own a 2010 RT SE5 with audio/convenience. Wanting to get more lights on my "backside" (well, that should create lots of comments!!!!)....anyone have experience or knowledge about if the Back Off Buddy module would be compatible?

Thanks so much.
If you are speaking about the brake light modulator from Signal Dymanics---I have installed it on my RT and it works great. I just happen to have 1 that I took off of a car and installed it last week. I Like it.
C-YA RL

VaughnCat
06-10-2010, 01:32 PM
If you are speaking about the brake light modulator from Signal Dymanics---I have installed it on my RT and it works great. I just happen to have 1 that I took off of a car and installed it last week. I Like it.
C-YA RL

Which module to you have installed on your RT? :helpsmilie: They have a number of brake light modulators . . . .

InspectorGadget
06-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Which module to you have installed on your RT? :helpsmilie: They have a number of brake light modulators . . . .
I believe mine is the original unit. There were no LED lights when I purchased it. LOL
That being said---if you are planning on installing any add on LED lights to work with your brake lights, you might want to look at the XP model.
C-YA RL
BTW I like the photo of Cat on the floor in front of her machine with what looks like an adult beverage close at hand.:2thumbs:
http://signaldynamics.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=17&category_id=14&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=77

canam9
06-11-2010, 03:49 PM
The ESI third brake light, which can be equipped with an extra harness to allow running light operation too, is a good step, but for my money the ESI mudflap lights are by far and away the best, most visible aftermarket lights I have ever seen. I would consider both. If my RTS will stay out of the shop for a while, I will add these to mine. You could do a lower tech approach, like Hyper-Lites, but the ESI lights look like they "grew" there! Not a better product on the market anywhere!!!

:agree:

InspectorGadget
06-11-2010, 10:03 PM
OK I admit it---I did get this idea from the ESI brake light. I bought 2-3 light LED running lights from Wal-Mart for $6.00 ea. I had to do some fitting, but for the difference in cash I think they work pretty good, tied into my brake lights---and the brake light modulator is still functioning perfectly even with these additional LED's.
The hardest part of the install was taking the panels off to get to the right side brake light wires. Piece of cake.
C-YA RL

InspectorGadget
07-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I had the right side skins off yestarday and thought I should pass along the mounting location for my brake light modulator.
So far it is working well with the LED's and hanging onto the fuel tank well.
C-YA RL

dave711
07-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I just installed the high third light from custom dynamics and it was a breeze>>>> Really fit like it came on the bike (and should of for the price) but really fit great. So now I have much more light in the back, running and brake lights..