PDA

View Full Version : CB/Communication Package

westgl
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Has anyone put the CB/communication Package on their RT.

I have two possible issues

1. My passenger plug in port appears to be in back wards.
2. I cannot communicate with my passenger unless I use the push to talk,

To me you should be able to talk and the radio mutes without me pushing the PTT button.

This does not work like most communication setups I have used, unless I am doing something wrong, or it hooked up incorrectly.

Any feed back would be great

westgl

3Ryder
06-09-2010, 11:25 AM
I installed the CB/Comm and XM radio at the same time. If the passenger plug was installed backwards, the dealer will have to pull some panels to gain access to the plug and turn it around. It's possible that you might be able to insert the short cord and twist it around, depending on how tightly the plug has been attached or whether it hangs up on adjacent harnesses or plugs underneath. Just be careful...

We do not have any audio, radio, CB or intercom, in our helmets and after trying every suggestion, it's going in to the dealer tomorrow for diagnosing. Will report back whatever they find as the problem.

NancysToy
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Did you adjust your VOX to try the intercom?

KNIGHTRIDER
06-09-2010, 03:35 PM
:agree:

KNIGHTRIDER
06-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Check out pages 11-16 of the CB installation instructions. It tells you basic info on setting up your CB (including VOX). Your installer was required to give you a copy. If he didn't, he can pull you up a copy on his BOSS system.