PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP Anti Vibration Solution for Handlebars

buck1234
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
This is a KISS (keep it simple sam) solution to the hand ache and wrist rattling I experienced with the stock handlebar set up. Lead fishing weights. Others have used BB's and expensive store bought items. All good fixes. Fishing weights #4 or AAA reusable split shot work perfect . Costs about $12.00 or so for the split shot. Their big enough so they don't get stuck anywhere. The difference for my hands and shattered arthritic wrist were "Fantastic"
Just my $.02
Buck1234:yes::2thumbs:

YOUBET
06-14-2010, 07:15 PM
This is a KISS (keep it simple sam) solution to the hand ache and wrist rattling I experienced with the stock handlebar set up. Lead fishing weights. Others have used BB's and expensive store bought items. All good fixes. Fishing weights #4 or AAA reusable split shot work perfect . Costs about $12.00 or so for the split shot. Their big enough so they don't get stuck anywhere. The difference for my hands and shattered arthritic wrist were "Fantastic"
Just my $.02

OK, I'll bite... How do you use them?

bruceofthebronx
06-15-2010, 04:40 AM
Just my $.02

What do you do with the weights? Thanks.

retread
06-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Take off the end caps and fill the handlebars with the weights, I've got the ESI risers, so I didn't have to worry about the BB's getting into things, works great.

john