PDA

View Full Version : HelmetAudio.com

Desert Spyder
06-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Has anyone ever had any problems with the products from HelmetAudio.com ?

The first helmet speakers I received developed an in-line short. Making contact with them for the return was a pain as well. My second set has one side cutting in and out with static. This does not speak well for its products IMHO

Monique
06-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Two bad sets in a row - that's frustrating. I had better luck with mine.

I had purchased the HS92 - Helmet Speakers w/ Volume Control (http://helmetaudio.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=HS92) when I rode on two wheels and they worked well for the price - I sometimes needed to use my Boosteroo to increase output. However with the Spyder, or should I say the Hindle :D- even the Boosteroo wasn't enough to allow me to hear my tunes.
I purchased another model HS24 - Iasus XSound2 Helmet Speakers (http://helmetaudio.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=prodshow&ref=HS24) - it was approx $39 back then- they are far superior to the initial speakers. Been using them for almost 2 years - only had to replace the two-way tape when I removed them to wash the helmet insert.

My only dealing with the company was through their website - never spoke to a human! Good luck.

bone crusher
06-08-2010, 10:00 PM

The first helmet speakers I received developed an in-line short. Making contact with them for the return was a pain as well. My second set has one side cutting in and out with static. This does not speak well for its products IMHO

Now that I have the scala G4 figured out, I can recommend it! phew!

Donk45
06-09-2010, 10:27 AM

Same, its great now...haha

Questions
06-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Same thing here...DON"T BUY THEIR CRAP!!! Three sets of speakers since the first of this year. I tried getting my money back, the speakers have a one year warranty, but now Lance Adams won't return my emails...

Desert Spyder
06-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Same thing here...DON"T BUY THEIR CRAP!!! Three sets of speakers since the first of this year. I tried getting my money back, the speakers have a one year warranty, but now Lance Adams won't return my emails...

When I talked to him about a month ago he said he was taking a trip to the Ukraine I believe. I think its fair to say that the people on this site should flame this company for the time being.

canam9
06-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Was it hard to get figured out? Is it :firstplace: I"m thinking about getting one.