PDA

View Full Version : Hope this info gets out to all 2010 RT/RS SE5 owners

murphybrown
06-08-2010, 01:03 PM
Updated Info on RT/RS SE5 clutch "fix" campaign Found somewhere on spyderlovers info on the clutch issue with the 2010 SE5's....called my warranty dealer...she got on computer and said WOW you are ahead of the curve. Her date for the activation of this "fix" campaign by BRP is 6/10/2010. So if you own a 2010 RT or RS SE5....get ahold of your warranty dealer...this is the clutch issue recall campaign.
Fortunately I have not had an issue, altho sometimes I wonder if it is going to shift down...when I stop...so far it has..but just had a little more hesitation than I thought should be...but I am the furthest thing from a mechanical person..so no red flags. Now the flag is waving and my parts gal has ordered in the fix parts for me and all their other customers.
Have a great day. Sun shining again..means the Spyder is calling me---ah such a tough life, this retirement is!!!

2manycars
06-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I mentioned the stalling problem to my dealer prior to my 600 mile service and they said they had never heard of it. Finally after many calls and showing them copies of posts on his board regarding the problem they called BRP.

BRP told them they were aware of the problem but there was no recall. The dealer ordered the backordered parts and the came it went on for repair yesterday. I picked it up last night, and they said there was now a recall and asked me what units were being recalled since they had not gotten the bulletin yet.

Anyway I just go back from a short 50 mile or so ride with lots of stops, and it did not stall once. In fact it shifted down to 1st gear with authority and did not "shudder" as my RT did many times even when it did not quite stall.

Now that I have said this I hope I did not jinx myself, but it appears, at least thus far that the problem has been resolved.

I hope next time I bring an issue to their attention that I found documented here that they do not again say "you can not trust the things on those stupid boards." It appears that the "people on this stupid board," were aware of the problem and the fix weeks before the dealer was.

Thanks all, and especially Lamont who spoke to BRP just prior to my dealer calling them.

Lamonster
06-08-2010, 03:09 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20020