PDA

View Full Version : amsoil, multi-level marketing only?

aka1004
06-08-2010, 12:51 PM
i was wondering, can you just pick up amsoil somewhere at a motorcycle shop or is strictly online and individual dealers only?
i was looking at their website and seems like they have multi-level marketing structure>:dontknow:

widowmaker2011
06-08-2010, 12:52 PM
i was wondering, can you just pick up amsoil somewhere at a motorcycle shop or is strictly online and individual dealers only?
i was looking at their website and seems like they have multi-level marketing structure>:dontknow:

It is MLM and it is available at a good majority of dealers as well as online. Thank God you didn't ask if it was a good oil or not , this board doesn't have the bandwidth to survive that debate!!! :roflblack:

boborgera
06-08-2010, 01:01 PM

I'Ve seen it for sale at a few dealers. I always though it was sold similar to Amway from individuals.:dontknow: But i've seen it on dealers shelves, never thought to ask i never use it.

aka1004
06-08-2010, 01:02 PM
It is MLM and it is available at a good majority of dealers as well as online. Thank God you didn't ask if it was a good oil or not , this board doesn't have the bandwidth to survive that debate!!! :roflblack:

NO NO! i think we been through that enough times.:D
i was going to try amsoil on this oil change but multi-level marketing on any product turns me off.
i had very high hopes for them too. this is too bad...
well back to walmart mobil1, i guess.

widowmaker2011
06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
NO NO! i think we been through that enough times.:D
i was going to try amsoil on this oil change but multi-level marketing on any product turns me off.

:agree:

IWN2RYD
06-08-2010, 01:46 PM
:agree::agree:

canam9
06-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I use it. I think its fine.

RShrimp
06-08-2010, 06:57 PM
I saw it at Advance Auto Parts last week here in FL

effgjamis
06-08-2010, 08:39 PM
NAPA and some AutoZone, plus some mtcy dealers, two in Kissimmee that I know of. Also Clearwater powersports

Roadkill
06-08-2010, 09:26 PM
+I'm sorry for your collective disagreement; however, AMSOIL's MLM strategy supports multiple venues without difficulty.

I can understand one's trepidation to the MLM concept IF they've had a bad individual experience, but in my nearly 10 years of AMSOIL T1 Independent Dealership, none of my customers at any level has ever expressed concerns.

Find a dealer you're comfortable with, establish a relationship, and go from there. That's the MLM concept that works.

Ride on.
Roadkill

aka1004
06-08-2010, 09:41 PM
after getting a few replies on the thread, it occurred to me that this could look like i am diss-ing amsoil but that was not my intention. i am just not fond of MLM.
i was very intrigued by amsoil and was going to use them on this oil change and contacted one of the dealer but after little more research, it appeared to have MLM structure and i was turned off by that.
i apologize for any wrongful impression.