PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Vintage Motorcycle Show

NancysToy
06-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Just a reminder that our Vintage Motorcycle Show is at the Gilmore Car Museum this weekend. Last year there were a number of SpyderLovers there, plus some additional Spyders. Hope to see some of you there again. Come early, stay late...look for me on the show field and Nancy in registration. Our Spyders should be there, too, but we are still working oin the logistics. We'll be camping there overnight, if you are there Saturday, but the show itself is Sunday.

June 12 - 13, 2010
15th Vintage Motorcycle Ride, Show & Swap Meet BMW Motorcycle Club of Battle Creek #14
The Gilmore Car Museum is the location for our 15th annual Motorcycle Ride, Show & Swap Meet. Vintage ride/show entry open to all makes of motorcycles built before 1989. Special spectator motorcycle parking adjacent to the show field. Spectator admission of $9 includes all museum exhibits. Vintage Ride registration Saturday - 9 to 10 a.m. Show/Swap meet Sunday - 8 a.m. -8 p.m.. Show registration by 12 sharp. For pre-entry or more information, contact the Gilmore Car Museum. 6865 Hickory Rd, Hickory Corners, MI 49060. Ph: 269-671-5089. http://www.GilmoreCarMuseum.org (http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/)

Firefly
06-08-2010, 09:19 AM
This is always a GREAT show------ one you really don't want to miss!:thumbup:

Keep your earplugs handy if you're going to be anywhere near the jetbike!

NancysToy
06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
This is always a GREAT show------ one you really don't want to miss!:thumbup:

Keep your earplugs handy if you're going to be anywhere near the jetbike!
He is supposed to have a bigger engine this year. You may want earplugs and earmuff type protectors!

RLS
06-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Hey Scotty,:2thumbs:
Joan and I are planning on being there. I'm bringing a former co-worker with us. We'll make sure we look you and Nancy up.
Bob

NancysToy
06-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Headed out to the Museum around lunch time. Nancy test rode my RTS for the first time yesterday. She was amazed at how similar it was to her GS, despite the much greater bulk and the heavier weight. She adapted quickly. Having her ride it to the Museum allowed me to load her Spyder in the trailer. I can't load any vintage bikes in there with mine, but I can add two with hers...if I remove her bags.

We have to head out today for setup. The vintage ride is today. Hope to see some SpyderLovers at the show Sunday! I'll chat with the rest of you Monday or so.

Some Guy
06-12-2010, 11:29 AM
He is supposed to have a bigger engine this year. You may want earplugs and earmuff type protectors!

Holy :cus: !!! :yikes:

I was standing about 20 feet from it last year when he started it and it is by far the loudest thing I've ever heard! Plus, it literally shook the ground! It takes a real enthusiast to mount a jet engine on a bicycle! :D