PDA

View Full Version : My 5 x 8 Trailer for the Spyder

3whlLefty
06-07-2010, 10:09 AM
There was some interest in my aluminum trailer so I thought I’d post some pics of my setup. That bed is 63” wide and 96” long. That gives me 3 plus inches of free space to guide the front wheels thru when loading. It tows very easily. Since the tailgate/loading ramp is fairly short I need to get the wheels into a dip or use two 2-in pieces to raise the nose before starting up the ramp. I also need to raise the nose to clear the front railing of the trailer which also serves as the wheel chock for the front wheels. I decided against chocks up front because that would move the Spyder farther back on the trailer and the angles for tying the rear wheel are already kind of close.

I also really like that the tailgate folds flat onto the bed when storing the trailer away.

musicarcade
06-07-2010, 10:12 AM
There was some interest in my aluminum trailer so I thought I’d post some pics of my setup. That bed is 63” wide and 96” long. That gives me 3 plus inches of free space to guide the front wheels thru when loading. It tows very easily. Since the tailgate/loading ramp is fairly short I need to get the wheels into a dip or use two 2-in pieces to raise the nose before starting up the ramp. I also need to raise the nose to clear the front railing of the trailer which also serves as the wheel chock for the front wheels. I decided against chocks up front because that would move the Spyder farther back on the trailer and the angles for tying the rear wheel are already kind of close.

I also really like that the tailgate folds flat onto the bed when storing the trailer away.
:2thumbs::clap:

Roger
06-07-2010, 03:40 PM

Thats great but what make and model is it and about how much thanks.

COOLMACHINE
06-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Yep a nice looking trailer.

3whlLefty
06-07-2010, 07:18 PM
The trailer is an Aluma model 638. 63 inches wide and 8 feet long, thus 638. I bought it in Denver in January for just under $1700. Check them out at www.alumaklm.com and you can find the dealer list there too. The empty trailer weighs only 385 lbs.

stillriding
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
The trailer is an Aluma model 638. 63 inches wide and 8 feet long, thus 638. I bought it in Denver in January for just under $1700. Check them out at www.alumaklm.com (http://www.alumaklm.com) and you can find the dealer list there too. The empty trailer weighs only 385 lbs.

:bowdown: Just want to say thanks, Lefty. I read about your trailer this morning, went to Aluma's website, found a dealer fairly close and bought one. The bed is 68" wide and about 9'6" long with the bi-fold ramp. It's a new '09 and my RT fits on it very nicely. And the trailer weighs only 440 pounds.

PE #699