PDA

View Full Version : DEE'S SPYDER PROBLEM

tatt2r
06-06-2010, 08:36 AM
oil light is on .... plenty of oil in bike ... I know that it is probably oil send switch... mine did the same thing .... but last night i took it for a short run ...it runs great till you hit around 35 miles an hour or you try to accelerate fast and it sputters like it wont go any faster ... engine sounds great ...is this a safety feature because oil light is on ... it is not showing any trouble codes... going to dealer tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone had input :2thumbs:
thanks

Mo Lee
06-06-2010, 09:17 AM
oil light is on .... plenty of oil in bike ... I know that it is probably oil send switch... mine did the same thing .... but last night i took it for a short run ...it runs great till you hit around 35 miles an hour or you try to accelerate fast and it sputters like it wont go any faster ... engine sounds great ...is this a safety feature because oil light is on ... it is not showing any trouble codes... going to dealer tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone had input :2thumbs:
thanks
Exactly what mine did, when it started sputtering is what made me look at the dash to notice the oil light. Shut it off and restart it and it would be fine for several starts and it would do it again. I finally got it to kick code 0520 and Cowtown change the sensor yesterday. So far so good!

NancysToy
06-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Sounds like limp mode to me. Hope you get it resolved quickly!

tatt2r
06-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Exactly what mine did, when it started sputtering is what made me look at the dash to notice the oil light. Shut it off and restart it and it would be fine for several starts and it would do it again. I finally got it to kick code 0520 and Cowtown change the sensor yesterday. So far so good!

thanks Mo ...yes lamonster just verified it also

mike3069
06-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Hey Jamie!

If you pull the wire off the sending unit, it will think everything is fine and not go into limp mode on you. Makes the ride to the dealer a bit more fun.

groundeffect
06-07-2010, 09:19 AM
Good luck with this Jamie. Hope the dealer finds and solves the issue.
Please keep us updated.

Cheers and good luck!

Firefly
06-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Sure sounds like that $9.00 oil sensor to me. I have two of them here--- they should be readily available--- but if not lemme know and I can send you one.

groundeffect
06-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Sure sounds like that $9.00 oil sensor to me. I have two of them here--- they should be readily available--- but if not lemme know and I can send you one.

Curious to know if they are covered under warranty and how difficult they are to install? :dontknow:

Thanks

tatt2r
06-07-2010, 09:31 AM

thanks dealer should have it by today ...
much appreciated though:bowdown:

Firefly
06-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Curious to know if they are covered under warranty and how difficult they are to install? :dontknow:

Thanks

Should be covered--- but for me it was just easier to buy one. I did mine because I think it was leaking oil from there. There's a special loctite you use when installing it (listed in the parts diagram)---- it's a simple install.

groundeffect
06-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Should be covered--- but for me it was just easier to buy one. I did mine because I think it was leaking oil from there. There's a special loctite you use when installing it (listed in the parts diagram)---- it's a simple install.

Thanks for your reply!