PDA

View Full Version : billet riser (help!)

kman
06-05-2010, 03:57 PM
I purchased the 3 inch billet riser from Spyder City and even after reading the posts about installation I can't remove the 2 10 mm screws.I have searched every store in town and nobody has a low profile 10 mm socket.

:cus: I am about ready to take a sawzall to the plastic underneath that blocks the head of the screw.Am I missing anything,I am open for suggestions.

aka1004
06-05-2010, 04:41 PM
I purchased the 3 inch billet riser from Spyder City and even after reading the posts about installation I can't remove the 2 10 mm screws.I have searched every store in town and nobody has a low profile 10 mm socket.

:cus: I am about ready to take a sawzall to the plastic underneath that blocks the head of the screw.Am I missing anything,I am open for suggestions.

stick the 10mm socket on the larger allen wrench that came with spyder's tool set. you will be able to slide that in there. i did it. after you are done, if it refuses to pop back out, mine did, spray some wd40 and gently knock it out with hammer.

kman
06-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks.I tried that but I cannot get the socket to stay on the head.Were you able to do this with a regular lenth socket?It seems like the plastic won't let me get the socket seated or else the heads were rounded off
when the dealer installed the 1 inch BRP riser.

dlittle
06-05-2010, 07:16 PM
It sounds like you may be thinking the wrong bolts. On mine, there were 2 out close to the end of the plastic (10 mm), 2 closest to the seat (10 mm. I had to cut a socket in half to get these off) and 2 up higher (8 mm). NOTHING in the docs said these were 8 mm so it took me a while to finally figure out what was going on.

Dennis

aka1004
06-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Thanks.I tried that but I cannot get the socket to stay on the head.Were you able to do this with a regular lenth socket?It seems like the plastic won't let me get the socket seated or else the heads were rounded off
when the dealer installed the 1 inch BRP riser.

That's exactly how I felt when I was doing mine that plastic were in the way and it helped a lot after I knew exactly where those bolts were after looking at the diagram on shop manual. Knowing exactly where to stick that socket made a huge difference for me. I am out of town right now but if you still could not do it till Sunday night, I will email you the diagram or may be someone else can.
I did use a regular height socket.

kman
06-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Ok,that makes sense "duh":banghead:,I have got the 4 10 mm out and a buddy of mine is coming over this morning to help.These 2 screws are located closest to the steering column where the black plastic "lips" go down.I knew I had to be missing something obvious.Thanks guys I will let you know how it goes.

Mo Lee
06-06-2010, 05:59 AM
I cut an old cheap socket down and welded it to a piece of steel for a handle. The good news is once you get the riser block installed you won't need it again because there is now plenty of room.

kman
06-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Ok,got it done,found my shop manual and realized I was trying to remove the screws that hold the top cover on.That one picture was worth a thousand :cus: words! Thanks for all the advice!!!!!!!!:2thumbs:
I tried to put the picture from the manual( in case there is someone else as dumb as me )in this post but I only have Adobe reader and it wouldn't let me do it