PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Can-Am Roadster Clutch Recall

Lamonster
06-04-2010, 10:20 AM
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2010/06/04/2010-can-am-roadster-clutch-recall/

Bombardier has issued a recall for a some 2010 Can Am Spyder Roadsters for a problem related to the clutch locking up when coming to a stop. Please read the details below.

Manufacturer: Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.

Models affected:
2010 CAN-AM / Roadster Spyder RT SE5
2010 CAN-AM / Roadster Spyder RS SE5

NHTSA Campaign Number: 10V232000

Potential Units Affected: 1200

Problem: BRP is recalling certain model year 2010 Spyder RS SE5 2nd series and RT SE5 roadsters. When bringing a vehicle equipped with the SE5 semi-automatic transmission to a full stop, the clutch may remain engaged stalling the engine, once the engine is stalled, it could be impossible to re-start and the rear wheel could be blocked. If this happens, the vehicle may not be able to be pushed off the roadway increasing the risk of a crash.

Corrective Action: BRP will notify owners and dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge. the manufacturer has not yet provided the agency with a notification schedule. Owners may contact BRP at 1-888-638-5397.

IWN2RYD
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
:clap::bowdown::yes:

canam9
06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info! Its always something.:gaah:

taggtr
06-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Just got mine back last Saturday after having the clutch work done. Not only does it not stall out at stops anymore, it feels like it idles smoother now and and feels like it's got some get up and go power too. Only problem now is that my tach needle is stuck and my electric front trunk release doesn't work anymore. Techs hit a wire somewhere in there! No worries, going back in next week after I ryde the heck out of it first! :D

1551retired
06-16-2010, 12:04 PM
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2010/06/04/2010-can-am-roadster-clutch-recall/

Bombardier has issued a recall for a some 2010 Can Am Spyder Roadsters for a problem related to the clutch locking up when coming to a stop. Please read the details below.

Manufacturer: Bombardier Recreational Products Inc.

Models affected:
2010 CAN-AM / Roadster Spyder RT SE5
2010 CAN-AM / Roadster Spyder RS SE5

NHTSA Campaign Number: 10V232000

Potential Units Affected: 1200

Problem: BRP is recalling certain model year 2010 Spyder RS SE5 2nd series and RT SE5 roadsters. When bringing a vehicle equipped with the SE5 semi-automatic transmission to a full stop, the clutch may remain engaged stalling the engine, once the engine is stalled, it could be impossible to re-start and the rear wheel could be blocked. If this happens, the vehicle may not be able to be pushed off the roadway increasing the risk of a crash.

Corrective Action: BRP will notify owners and dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge. the manufacturer has not yet provided the agency with a notification schedule. Owners may contact BRP at 1-888-638-5397.

Just got off the phone with Carlo regarding a ST-1 helmet order and asked about parts availability for the recall and when I would receive my recall notice. I was informed that my RT SE5 Spyder was not part of the recall. My RT built date is 2010/04/19 and I took delivery May 14. I guess they must have started correcting the clutch problem sometime in April?

I do have some hesitation when shifting so is this a symptom of the clutch issue recall or something else?

Also, the bike never seems to want to go into neutral. I normally have to shift into R and then N to go to neutral. Is this an adjustment?

IWN2RYD
06-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Just got off the phone with Carlo regarding a ST-1 helmet order and asked about parts availability for the recall and when I would receive my recall notice. I was informed that my RT SE5 Spyder was not part of the recall. My RT built date is 2010/04/19 and I took delivery May 14. I guess they must have started correcting the clutch problem sometime in April?

I do have some hesitation when shifting so is this a symptom of the clutch issue recall or something else?

Also, the bike never seems to want to go into neutral. I normally have to shift into R and then N to go to neutral. Is this an adjustment?

I am not a tech!!! But your symptoms sound nothing like what we experienced needing the recall.

Yours sounds like a sensor or computer issue. Both very easy fixes. Definitely call your dealer to get them on top of it :thumbup: