PDA

View Full Version : That Annoying Beep in Headset

Chezeburger
06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Hey All,

I posted a problem a while ago about the annoying beep in our CB/Communications system when the bike shifted.

We stopped at the Dealer today and they had still not heard from BRP. They did state they were told at first that it sounded like a grounding issue, but were called back and told thats not the problem and they were working on it.

So today after we left our mechanic sent me a text saying that he spoke to BRP and has a fix for the issue.

I called him back to see if we would have to leave bike overnight or just quick fix and he told me what to do over the phone.

The fix that took so long to come out is this. "Turn up the squelch on the CB". :hun::yikes:(your kidding me right) was my reaction.
We were having lunch at the time but when we got back on our bikes the girlfriend tried it and it did fix the problem. She stated there only seems to be a low low beep when the bike down shifts for itself, otherwise the beep is gone. I told her we will adjust the squelch some more and see if it disappears fully.

:clap:

IWN2RYD
06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
lol....:popcorn:

Big Arm
06-03-2010, 03:39 PM
The fix that took so long to come out is this. "Turn up the squelch on the CB". :hun::yikes:(your kidding me right) was my reaction.

These techs are getting better all the time. My brothers car has a intermintent air whistle sound coming from an unknown source, they told him to turn up the radio.....:roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: