PDA

View Full Version : Personalizing the RS-S

osskicker
06-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey there, we are taking possession of our brand new RS-S today (woo-hoo!) and I was just wondering if anyone else out there with one of these particularly special colored spyders had made any types of mods. We want to get a backrest, but I don't want a silver one on my pearl white spyd! I would love to hear what any other Pearly Spydes have had done to them.... :spyder2::2excited:

stormtrooper
06-04-2010, 09:05 PM
I also need backrest and the sport rack for my white 2010 spyder white will not be out for a few months can not wait that long.I am buying either the silver or black color.I think the silver looks ok because the pegs and mounts are silver.:2thumbs:

thekershaw's
06-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Road Krome makes a black back rest and it comes with an optional black luggage rack. It`s not as nice as the BRP one but it`s cheaper. I think it looks good. Ckeck with your dealer or any bike dealer that has a RoadKrome catalogue. You can see pics of mine in my pics section.

rider2554
06-05-2010, 03:45 AM
Road Krome makes a black back rest and it comes with an optional black luggage rack. It`s not as nice as the BRP one but it`s cheaper. I think it looks good. Ckeck with your dealer or any bike dealer that has a RoadKrome catalogue. You can see pics of mine in my pics section.
I like your backrest and the option of the luggage rack too. Not too keen on the BRP backrest. Been reading about alot of problems with them and will probably order the same one you have.

Yazz
06-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Don't have a pearly white Spyder but a stealthy black Phantom. Couldn't find a matte black back-rest anywhere. Took the BRP silver sports package and backrest and got in powder-coated matte black. Blends right in now.

You could probably do that with any backrest set-up you like.

osskicker
06-11-2010, 10:56 PM
That's kind of what we were leaning towards; painting one to match. It seems as if we have slightly differing opinions on how to modify it. I like the BRP backrest, he likes the donut hole Corbin ones; I want a one inch riser, he wants the 5 inch with the end piece risers, too..... So many different things to do.... so little time... (and money) :) Just kidding. Trying not to rush into anything. I want to do it just right.. :2thumbs:

NancysToy
06-12-2010, 05:43 AM
That's kind of what we were leaning towards; painting one to match. It seems as if we have slightly differing opinions on how to modify it. I like the BRP backrest, he likes the donut hole Corbin ones; I want a one inch riser, he wants the 5 inch with the end piece risers, too..... So many different things to do.... so little time... (and money) :) Just kidding. Trying not to rush into anything. I want to do it just right.. :2thumbs:
My advice is to forget the 1" riser. You can adjust the other risers back and forth a bit to suit. the two of you. Be aware that the original Kewlmetal 5" riser is the entire handlebar , so it gives about the same rise as a 3" riser on the original bars...as I recall.

Raptor
07-18-2010, 07:06 PM
I also need backrest and the sport rack for my white 2010 spyder white will not be out for a few months can not wait that long.I am buying either the silver or black color.I think the silver looks ok because the pegs and mounts are silver.:2thumbs:

I am with Trooper with the exception I can't live with the color ms-match. I'm also tired of BRPs excuses as to why they can't deliver the white sport rack and backrest. Think about it; you have the parts, you certainly have the paint. So what's the issue? It's nonsense.

Anyway, I'm tired of being jerked around by BRP so I am seriously considering getting my money back (I bought these pieces with the bike) and looking for an alternative. Mel's Monster Garage makes a backrest that looks pretty nice and uses the original seat and tail piece. You can also remove it when not in use and is cheaper than the BRP solution.

docdoru
07-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey there, we are taking possession of our brand new RS-S today (woo-hoo!) and I was just wondering if anyone else out there with one of these particularly special colored spyders had made any types of mods. We want to get a backrest, but I don't want a silver one on my pearl white spyd! I would love to hear what any other Pearly Spydes have had done to them.... :spyder2::2excited:
:congrats: :thumbup:

Baytown
11-23-2010, 04:01 AM
I own a Pearl White 2010RSS as well, and the grey rack and back rest. I'm going to get them painted or Powder coated for the same reason. I'm not sure if black to match the flow of the seat or white to match the body.
decisions decisions.
I've also got to paint my BRP - GIVI R-35 saddle bag trim panels as BRP don't supply white ones. (gee, what a surprise!)
I've also got the BRP 1 inch riser, but have yet to fit it. I don't like the look of bar end risers and feel that just an inch is better than nothing.

Your initial post was a few months ago now. have got any photos of the finished result?

Ken