PDA

View Full Version : moved up to 2010RT w/audio

horse171
06-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone:
Bought a 2008 limited edition spyder.... made the mistake of taking the new 2010 RT/audio out for a ride..... well!!!! my new spyder should be here in 10 days....looking forward to it. Many years ago I had the unfortunate experience of losing my goldwing on a corner sprayed with gravel...the spyder allowed me to get back on a bike again... sure love it. "A small request" any 2010 owners that can me a heads up on any problems with the new model would be appreciated. Had brake squeel on my 2008 that almost drove me crazy,but, brp finally replaced the pads and problem was solved... other then that the bikes been awesome.

Lamonster
06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
welcome:congrats:

IWN2RYD
06-02-2010, 11:25 PM
:congrats:welcome

As for issues.... To be frank. As long as your Dealer does do all the needed updates, bulletins for your RT Audio and the pre-delivery requirements your good to go! The rest is either personal preferences, or down right vehicle specific issues.

Keep an eye on this forum of course, you will learn a lot that way as well.

Are there a handful of issues that are effecting all RT's? Not that they have come out and said yet. So far the closest thing is having all Spyders (RS's & RT's) re-adjust their belt tension. Beyond that issues in batches have come up here and there. :doorag::2thumbs:

bodymanpainter
06-02-2010, 11:38 PM
:congrats: As far as issues, I have only had a few so far. Rear shock issue and oil pressure switch and now a grinding noise sometimes in reverse. The rear shock is fixed for now as is the oil pressure switch.The reverse noise is intermittent and as of yet it has not done it for the dealer so we will see. But I still love my RTS and ride it almost everyday. Hope you enjoy yours and have many happy miles on it!

murphybrown
06-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Hi everyone:
Bought a 2008 limited edition spyder.... made the mistake of taking the new 2010 RT/audio out for a ride..... well!!!! my new spyder should be here in 10 days....looking forward to it. Many years ago I had the unfortunate experience of losing my goldwing on a corner sprayed with gravel...the spyder allowed me to get back on a bike again... sure love it. "A small request" any 2010 owners that can me a heads up on any problems with the new model would be appreciated. Had brake squeel on my 2008 that almost drove me crazy,but, brp finally replaced the pads and problem was solved... other then that the bikes been awesome.
:congrats:My 2010 RTSE5 has 2200 miles on it and love, love, love it. No problems..found a missing bolt on the housing around the exhaust pipes..but that is an easy fix...now just to get this rain to stop so "let the ryding begin" kicks in.

MarkLawson
06-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Congratulations! You'll love your new Spyder. Be safe.

retired1
06-03-2010, 08:38 AM
:congrats: and welcome. I'm sure that you'll enjoy the new one one!

FANG
06-03-2010, 09:26 AM
welcome :congrats: Welcome to our family.

canam9
06-03-2010, 11:45 AM
welcome

AnthonyG
06-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I did the same thing traded my 2009 for a 2010 RT-S. Took it in the shorts as far as money goes but worth every dime. Super happy and no problems. :yes::yes::yes:

horse171
06-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the comeback..I too took quite a hit in $'s when i upgraded... Managed to sell private at 3000 more then dealer offered, but 2010 is awful expensive for actual production materials, but the joy of riding offsets that. I'm sure i'll enjoy it as much as my 2008. Safe riding !!!!
Now, hopefully, the rain will stop when i get it in 9 more days...