PDA

View Full Version : Threaded ring tool?

3Ryder
06-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Has anyone found a tool specifically designed to tighten the threaded ring that is used to hold the headset connection in place as it mounts to the rear panel and front console? I know they suggest using a screwdriver, but I don't feel that the screwdriver technique results in a sufficiently tightened connection.

Jornie1
06-04-2010, 12:02 AM
I tightened mine carefully with a small flat blade screwdriver.. No problem.. Just don't use a hammer. :yikes:

Has anyone found a tool specifically designed to tighten the threaded ring that is used to hold the headset connection in place as it mounts to the rear panel and front console? I know they suggest using a screwdriver, but I don't feel that the screwdriver technique results in a sufficiently tightened connection.

cliffm4
06-04-2010, 10:53 PM
My front connection is loose, the tech at dealer said the harness needs to be replaced but i do not beleive. It looks it came loose from the locking ring. what do y'all think?:spyder2:

Lamonster
06-05-2010, 08:49 AM
My front connection is loose, the tech at dealer said the harness needs to be replaced but i do not beleive. It looks it came loose from the locking ring. what do y'all think?:spyder2:
The only way it would need replacing is if the threads are stripped. There isn't a whole lot of threads to bite.
nojoke