PDA

View Full Version : Lights or not Lights

SocalT
06-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Having a few problems with my RT-S, the horn and the left fog light is out. The question I have is the lights I have highlighted in the picture what are they. BTW the ones in the fog light enclosure do not light up . Is this a problem also or are they even lights hard to tell.:dontknow:

I looked in the owners guide and the shop manual no luck.
Thanks.
Tony

widowmaker2011
06-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Having a few problems with my RT-S, the horn and the left fog light is out. The question I have is the lights I have highlighted in the picture what are they. BTW the ones in the fog light enclosure do not light up . Is this a problem also or are they even lights hard to tell.:dontknow:

Thanks.
Tony

The white-ish lights highlighted in the regular headlight housing are small cluster led's I believe (or a plastic diffuser to make the bulb look like an led). The lower spots you highlighted are not lights , they are just polished circles. However , it would be a great spot to add another set of the forementioned lights... :2thumbs: Also , these upper lights are only on the RTS and not on the RT or RT Audio and Convenience.

SocalT
06-02-2010, 08:05 AM
The white-ish lights highlighted in the regular headlight housing are small cluster led's I believe (or a plastic diffuser to make the bulb look like an led). The lower spots you highlighted are not lights , they are just polished circles. However , it would be a great spot to add another set of the forementioned lights... :2thumbs: Also , these upper lights are only on the RTS and not on the RT or RT Audio and Convenience.

Thanks for the info:2thumbs:

Chezeburger
06-03-2010, 08:26 AM

BRP has the foglight option for the RT, as we were looking at adding them to the Audion and Convenience silver one we were going to buy, :shemademe_smilie:until the girlfriend decided she liked the Orbital Blue more then the Sliver so we got an RT-S with all of the options we wanted plus more. :2thumbs::yes:
Now if I only got to drive it more! She has stolen it on me and I seem to get to ride my V-Star following her, but she takes her road test tomorrow then I maynot even be following her!:roflblack::gaah::yikes:

spyder_RT
06-04-2010, 10:12 AM

Thanks.
Tony
Did you fix your horn and left fog light if not they are more then likely unplugged from when your bike was put together

NancysToy
06-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Did you fix your horn and left fog light if not they are more then likely unplugged from when your bike was put together
:agree:

SocalT
06-04-2010, 06:19 PM

I was resigned to have the dealer fix it when I took it in forr the 600 mi service. But if you guys know where I can look to see if they are plugged in I am open for do it my self. I am not the greatest "wrench" but sometimes I get lucky.
Thanks
Tony

SocalT
06-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Check the connectors near the top of the left shock. They may be unplugged or as I found the fog light connector was squished between the shock spring. I replaced the connector body myself and made sure the connectors at the top of both shocks were dressed clear of this area.

Doc

Yep you called it, took a look and the connector it was completely mangled..and broken...Good grief!! to add insult to injury took the panel off to check oil and two of the grommets pushed out and fell into the bottom. :gaah: I read this board from top to bottom before puchase, and was hoping that these were errant problems, but my spyder seems to be going right down the checklist of things that are going to happen. Waiting for my rear schock, clutch, bouncing fuel gauge (already happened), strong smell of fuel (already happened), lost grommets (already happened), the above mangled foglight connector, no horn. One week in and that is the tally so far. bringing it in to the dealer on Thursday