PDA

View Full Version : News from my Spyder

Bersquack
06-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Well,

I talked with one of the service rep at my dealership and they confirmed that I was loosing the DPS from time to time.

They called BRP and are waiting instructions on replacing the DPS or the whole steering control components.

I don't know how long that's going to take but from what I read on here I could be spyderless for more than a month!!

Not Fun! Wish me luck

canam9
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
:sour:Bummer

Saluda
06-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Wish you luck !

fastfraser
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Mines in the shop ! Into week two. Need new starter switch (whole unit on right hand side , starter, kill, hazard switches ) I think they didn't order them in time for there Tues deliveries as they are telling me they are back ordered !

When she is running life is good. When she is in the shop and we are having the best riding weather in a long time, it realy bites the big one.

taggtr
06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Just got mine back from the dealer after repairing the automatic clutch problem. Feels good to ride again, but my electric front trunk release doesn't work now. Dang it! But that can wait! I'm riding!!!!

SpyderWolf
06-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Best of luck getting it repaired quickly, and getting back on the road again.

spydrn
06-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Well,

I talked with one of the service rep at my dealership and they confirmed that I was loosing the DPS from time to time.

They called BRP and are waiting instructions on replacing the DPS or the whole steering control components.

I don't know how long that's going to take but from what I read on here I could be spyderless for more than a month!!

Not Fun! Wish me luck

Mine has been in the shop for the same issue going on 2 months now. At least I dont have to worry about missing the riding season since I am deployed right now...

retired1
06-02-2010, 08:41 AM
That SUCKS!!! I hope you get it back shortly.

Bersquack
06-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the support guys.

The sad thing is that I may need to change my vacation plans and did a lot of preparation for nothing. Also, no Chicago for me.

On the bright side, that may allow me to go to Gathlinburg this year.

The dealer is waiting on BRP to decide proper repairs. If I do not hear anything in a week, I'll call Carlo myself ans try to expedite the process.

groundeffect
06-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Sorry to hear of the troubles and hope you have your Spyder back in good working order, soon!

The dealer is waiting on BRP to decide proper repairs. If I do not hear anything in a week, I'll call Carlo myself ans try to expedite the process.

Good idea.
Cheers and all the best for your Spyder and for your vacation.

NancysToy
06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
:( Ours is a very sad and unpopular club, I'm afraid. Not fun! :(

vt228
06-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Well,

Not Fun! Wish me luck

They changed mine took a day took nose off fixed it put new on and put together been ok sence BRP payed for it under warenty its a fast fix if they no about :spyder:'s Bob's skydo does and he has 4 people that do spyders :spyder: all the time....:spyder2:on my friends...