PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of it...

elixermixer
05-30-2010, 11:38 AM
hey let me start by saying no i do not have a spyder... yet.
that may all be changing with all the great things ive seen from you guys on this board.
the girlfriend (who is a para) and i went bike browsing the other day and i got her to check out the new harley trikes and the spiders. she sat on the back of the new RT and seemed to like it a lot. after looking some of your pics we noticed most of you had done the conversions to the RS. has anyone set one up for someone to ride in the back? and still have room for the chair? also we would probably have the hard luggage bags with us as well. just throwing it out there since most of you that have modded the bikes have done so for driver. any help would be great feel free to PM me as well.
enjoy the sun and ride safe.
oh and btw getting her to look at these is great because it means we can both enjoy something like this together and she will also have the possibility of driving it herself when she gets a lil less gun shy.
thanks again

canam9
06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
welcome

boborgera
06-04-2010, 07:44 AM
welcome A few riders have mounts for their chairs, don't know if they ride two up? But i bet sombody on this forum will be albe to help.:2thumbs::thumbup:

Donzo
06-04-2010, 09:47 AM
The easiest way to have a bracket for a chair would to have a trailer hitch put on the RS or RT - you could weld on a 2 inch receiver and buy one of the many chair/bike holders available.

Welcome and enjoy the:spyder2:!

retired1
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
If you decide to go with a hitch mounted carrier, Mels Monster Garage hitch has a Reese receiver on it that is more versatile than the Brp or Bushtec hitch.