PDA

View Full Version : Saw this on a spyder at Rolling Thunder

gjco
05-30-2010, 07:45 AM
I saw this on a spyder at Rolling Thunder and was wondering what it was? What is that little thing sticking up to the right of the kill swich. The Spyder looked great and I got to see some mods that I have been thinking about for a while now. The risers, Highway pegs, and windshield looked great. the one thing that stuck out was the risers. This is the first time I have seen the risers first hand and I cant believe how well built they look. All the pics I have seen do them no justice. They just moved to the top of my want list. Pretty sure that they were made by NMN. Good job guys.

SpyderWolf
05-30-2010, 09:04 AM
I don't have a clue. :dontknow:

It appears to be wired in, so I am wondering if it is a camera or perhaps a mount for some other electrical device that was removed while the Spyder was parked.

dltang
05-30-2010, 09:19 AM
Yup, those are Evan's risers and you will love them. As for the device, I agree it looks like a little camera or something like that.

Clicker1944
05-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Yup, those are Evan's risers and you will love them. As for the device, I agree it looks like a little camera or something like that.

Can you give more info on these risers? Where are they available?

ntxYguy2009
05-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Check out Evan's website here:

http://www.esicycleproducts.com/SpyderHandlebarRiserKits.html

He is a website sponsor.

My guess is a camera or one of those electric deer thingamobobs.

David

spyder 50
05-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Get the kewmetal risers I had the ESI ones and the new Kewmetal ones beat them hands down. They adjust up and down up to like 6 inches your choice. You can roll the grips in or out and roll them back or forward and they look like they belong on the bike. Also the cables don't seem to be tight. They cost about 50.00 dollars more but are well worth it.:agree:

gjco
05-30-2010, 04:53 PM
I think when I get ready to order I am going to stick with ESI. They have been here from the beginning, There not far from where some of my family live and I think they are by far the Number one vendor of the best site out there for spyders. Ok I am done cutting a promo.

Questions
05-30-2010, 08:34 PM
I have a switch that is identical ,it is a volume control for a stereo/mp3 or ipod..;)

dltang
05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Can you give more info on these risers? Where are they available?

Yup, check out the post directly below yours or the home page and click on ESICycle Products. Evan was the first to offer a full line of spyder mods and these handlebar risers are one of his best. They can be angled forward or upward or rear for your comfort. They have really made the spyder easier to handle but the biggie for me was taking pressure off my shoulder and wrists. I absolutely love them and give Evan and Jodie the absolute highest endorsement for working with an on line vendor. This company truly cares about your satisfaction. Top notch for sure.

Questions
05-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Just wanted to say the kewl metal risers are great , replced my Helibar risers with them. They are waaaay better , very adjustable , look good.

gjco
05-31-2010, 07:31 AM
I have a switch that is identical ,it is a volume control for a stereo/mp3 or ipod..;)

Thanks For your post I wish that I had more Time on Saturday to stick around and wait for the owner to come back. He had a nice looking ride, I would have liked to talk to him or her in person.:2thumbs: