PDA

View Full Version : Scala Cardo G4 - Question on those with full face helmets.

WackyDan
05-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Installed my G4 on my HJC Sysmax II tonight. Works flawlessly with my HTC Droid Incredible. Seems pretty loud though "tinny". I wasn't expecting decent bass out of them anyway, so no biggy. I'm going to test this week on a ride and see how loud it is with ear plugs, and whether I'll have to stack velcro to move the speakers closer to the ear or not.

Oh... and for you Droid lovers... Sirius/XM have their droid app out, so if you are already a subscriber there is some sort of deal... Depends on the internet, but at least you can listen to your favorite stations on the go.

Question though...

That mic is right up against my mouth. They mention a different clamp/mic clamp where the mic is low profile, but looks like it it would pick up more wind noise as it lacks foam. Thing is... I can't find those anywhere. They must not have produced them yet.

For those of you with the G4 and a full face helmet, are you also finding the mic tight to your lips?

YPILOT
05-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Hey Dan, Were using the G4 setup and really like it. The mic is right there against the lip all the time. There are times when I have trouble hearing my wife and I tell her to adjust her mic closer to her mouth. I don't think she likes it touching her lip. The sound with earplugs is great. The built in FM radio works OK but the Ipod sounds really good. Phone conservations are perfect. Dennis

Prense01
05-30-2010, 11:07 AM
It's supposed to be touching your lips per the instructions. It takes a little getting used to, but I somewhat like it there now. Works very well.

Chris :spyder:

Pincushion
05-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah ... the Mic is almost always right up against my lips, I can push it away about 1/4 of an inch and it doesn't affect the sound when I talk (or so my wife says).
From what I understand the corded mic version isn't available in the US yet.

I love my G4 although I have had problems pairing it to my Garmin 265wt, but every thing else works like a dream.

When I ordered it (the powerset) and it took me 6 weeks to get em (EVERYPLACE was backordered) but I'm glad I waited.

wukka
05-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah ... the Mic is almost always right up against my lips, I can push it away about 1/4 of an inch and it doesn't affect the sound when I talk (or so my wife says).
From what I understand the corded mic version isn't available in the US yet.

I love my G4 although I have had problems pairing it to my Garmin 265wt, but every thing else works like a dream.

When I ordered it (the powerset) and it took me 6 weeks to get em (EVERYPLACE was backordered) but I'm glad I waited.

Yes, the microphone foam should be right up against your lips when you are using it.

For longer solo rides when I am just listening to music, I push the foam mic up and to the side so that it is along my cheek. I tend to forget about it right there because it's about flush with the helmet foam. You might want to try that...