PDA

View Full Version : Engine Hour Meter Quit

WaltH
05-29-2010, 08:06 PM
My engine hour meter quit yesterday at 1070.9 hours. The trip hour meter also quit at the same time. I have been expecting this based on what others have reported. Carlo said they would come up with a fix for this. Obviously, the fix won't help me.

I will never know how long the Rotax engine was able to go before major work was required. I would like it to be in the vicinity of 3,000 hours, or more. At the first homecoming in Valcourt I asked the liaison person from Rotax "how long will the engine last before major repairs are needed". He said it should last more than 500 hundred hours. I knew this was the wrong answer, but I didn't say anything. I just let it pass. I thought maybe something got mixed up in the German/English translation. Perhaps he meant to say 5,000 hours, not 500 hours. Five thousand hours would be great. Perhaps he was speaking of metric hours. :2thumbs:

DynamoBT
05-29-2010, 08:21 PM
"metric hours" That's good! I like it!

WackyDan
05-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Thank god we didn't let those Canadians build the Space station. Might stop counting orbits after a while.

Geesh.

canam9
05-30-2010, 09:10 PM
"metric hours" That's good! I like it!
:agree:

boborgera
05-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Thank god we didn't let those Canadians build the Space station. Might stop counting orbits after a while.

Geesh.

Hey don't laugh at the Canadians,
There trying to be the first to land a maned mission on the surface of the Sun.

When asked won't your ship burn up!
They replied , Do you think were stupid, we are leaving at NIGHT.:ohyea:

Firefly
05-31-2010, 12:05 AM

Geesh.

Um--- they built much of the stuff for the station and flights dude--- the big arm that is used on the shuttle is Canadian------ ;)

WackyDan
05-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Um--- they built much of the stuff for the station and flights dude--- the big arm that is used on the shuttle is Canadian------ ;)

:) was a poke as the NASA mars lander that had a design flaw because somebody forgot to convert from metric to standard -costing a few hundred million dollars.

Though I have to say... Thanks to the Spyder I have more Metric tools now than I've ever had.

krb1945
05-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Add a temp hour meter... wire it into you ignition ckt so it will be on when the key is on. At least you'll have an accurate record. Ken krb1945

febail
09-27-2013, 09:21 AM
So I hit the magic hours..... and it stopped.
1070.9 with only 34,000.
Off to the dealer to get the reset.
Thanks MMcc, you found the answer for me pretty damn quick!
Can't wait for our Europe on CanAm trip, next year!