PDA

View Full Version : UNFRIENDLY RYDER

Desert Spyder
05-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Has anybody ever encountered any unfriendly ryders yet?

I was coming out of a gas station and cross paths with a white RS driven by an older guy wearing a green reflective vest and the paper plates.

I made a U'y and tried to motion the guy over for a chat when I was in front of him and he just totally ignored me. I followed him for a couple miles and he just totally brushed me off. What gall!

I mean if I looked like a renegade biker I can understand but come on, has anybody ever seen a 1 percenter on a Spyder? They would be shot!

I have never met an unfriendly rider or ryder till now. What a total waste of an investment it is when you share that kind of attitude on the road.

ArmyJoe
05-29-2010, 05:01 PM
I saw my first Spyder while I was on mine yesterday as we passed each other in opposite directions on US-23 south of Columbus. She gave me a big wave and I gave her a big thumbs up! :2thumbs:

krb1945
05-29-2010, 05:15 PM
I travel up and down the eastern seaboard and I've never met an unfriendly spyder rider. As a matter of fact I have found when you are riding a spyder everyone wants to talk with you and look over your machine. /Ken krb1945

canchess
05-29-2010, 05:16 PM
maybe renagade was needed. bad day maybe? just a jerk maybe. forget it. the hell withem.:cus::clap:

StanTheMan
05-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Sorry to hear: it's unfortunate. I wouldn't read too much in to it. Lots of very friendly people here.

BTW, your Spyderman outfit makes me laugh :D

Ride safe while fighting crime Spyderman.

Yazz
05-29-2010, 05:46 PM
maybe renagade was needed. bad day maybe? just a jerk maybe. forget it. the hell withem.:cus::clap:

:agree: Everyone has a bad day.

But then again, paper plates may be a clue. Maybe he didn't realize all the attention he was going to be getting.:shocked:

AMTJIM
05-29-2010, 05:50 PM
He realized he wanted an SM.

AMTJIM
05-29-2010, 05:52 PM
On second thought, that could be the guy I told chicks dig reflective green vests?

Yazz
05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
On second thought, that could be the guy I told chicks dig reflective green vests?

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::2thumbs:

Desert Spyder
05-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Its a shame I tell ya. I was on my bike, he was on his.....

I'll pray for him...he might need it....

VaughnCat
05-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Never met another Spyder ryder . . . . sad, huh?
But we have met a lot of unfriendly Harley riders. :doorag:

WaltH
05-29-2010, 07:43 PM
For years I have been telling my friends that I never met a Harley rider I didn't like. This drives them crazy as they crunch their brains trying to think of an example to refute my claim.

Now I tell my friends that I never met a Spyder rider I didn't like. My friends just throw up their hands, convinced that I am the one who is crazy.

I have met thousands of Harley riders, but so far, only a couple of hundred Spyder riders, at the most.

dltang
05-29-2010, 08:10 PM
Has anybody ever encountered any unfriendly ryders yet?

I was coming out of a gas station and cross paths with a white RS driven by an older guy wearing a green reflective vest and the paper plates.

I made a U'y and tried to motion the guy over for a chat when I was in front of him and he just totally ignored me. I followed him for a couple miles and he just totally brushed me off. What gall!

I mean if I looked like a renegade biker I can understand but come on, has anybody ever seen a 1 percenter on a Spyder? They would be shot!

I have never met an unfriendly rider or ryder till now. What a total waste of an investment it is when you share that kind of attitude on the road.

It's hard telling but maybe he was on his way to some place and running late. Maybe he just could't stop. Maybe he got help up and lost time answering questions at the gas station. Don't judge too harshly just yet. You will cross paths again and hopefully, he'll have more time to stop and get to know another spyder rider.

IWN2RYD
05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
He probably stole it! :yikes:

The only unfreindlies I have met are on Harley's.. Al the crotch rockets dig the Spyder so far...:2thumbs::ohyea:

Lamonster
05-29-2010, 08:36 PM
What were you wearing? :dontknow:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/customavatars/avatar2680_6.gif (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=2680) :yikes::D

Brevet05
05-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Wait a minute, they don't? :yikes: First the recruiter, now my Spyder brethren? Who can I trust? Guess it doesn't matter; gotta wear one on post.

DynamoBT
05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Glad you have pics of your GS. That was a great wrap you designed for it!! Too cool that it's being put to use by the real Army now!!!

Blue Star
05-29-2010, 09:10 PM
When I first got my two-wheeler I did not know anything about waving to other riders. Maybe he don't know this either. I figured it out after about a week, maybe he will too. :dontknow:

Brevet05
05-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Glad you have pics of your GS. That was a great wrap you designed for it!! Too cool that it's being put to use by the real Army now!!!

Yup, that was an unexpected benefit of playing Irish's Scavenger Hunt (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16278). Got about 70 pics of the Army Spyder, including the day I sold it and bought my RT-S. :2thumbs: Thanks for the kind words, but the hard work on the design was by Marc St. Louis of Spiralus Designs. I'm still waiting for the good idea fairy to provide a design for the RT...

burg650
05-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Today I experienced my first on friendly Spyder rider. I was in my Bentley at a light and a blue RT came along side me and I was excited and opened up the window and said Hi I have a 09 RS SE5 and love the new RT-S, this old guy flipped up his visor and looked all over my car and said with a sarcasms tone you drive a Bentley and you only have a Spyder. This is one time if I could have gotten away with it I would have ran him over, even my God Son only 11 years old understood his tone and was surprise at what he said.

Desert Spyder
05-29-2010, 09:24 PM
What were you wearing? :dontknow:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/customavatars/avatar2680_6.gif (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=2680) :yikes::D

Lamont: Cargo shorts, Laughlin run t-shirt, sneakers ... not my spyderman pajamas. He was wearing shorts also. Donna: he was avoiding me.

Note to all: we are a small community nestled with the motorcycle world. One Adam Henry on our bikes can cause a lot of damage.

Eddie
05-30-2010, 12:03 AM
I travel up and down the eastern seaboard and I've never met an unfriendly spyder rider. As a matter of fact I have found when you are riding a spyder everyone wants to talk with you and look over your machine. /Ken krb1945
+ 1 "except for nojokeI am yet to meet another Spyder rider around here." No One and I mean NO ONE gives me a hard way on my Spyder. I even had a guy on a red H.D. Street glide wave me down just to ask about the Spyder. How many got the welcome package in the mail with the cards to pass out?? They said I would be getting stopped by lots of folks.Just hand them a card. Hey it works :D

pierrelogic
05-30-2010, 12:54 AM
He probably stole it! :yikes:

The only unfreindlies I have met are on Harley's.. Al the crotch rockets dig the Spyder so far...:2thumbs::ohyea:
:agree:

Only a few Harley riders have not given me the sign when I pass by. Only Harley's tho, everyone else reciprocates. I think the crotch rocket riders are impressed when I'm taking a very agressive turn with a full lean and can still give them the sign. :D

Desert Spyder
05-30-2010, 06:20 AM
I got the finger from a crotcher while ryding the 2 Fwy to the owners rally in LA last year. Just swooshed up behind me and said "hello".

fastfraser
05-30-2010, 06:45 AM
The only unfreindlies I have met are on Harley's.. Al the crotch rockets dig the Spyder so far...:2thumbs::ohyea:[/QUOTE]

:agree:+10 Not all but quite a few, its like their exhaust doesn't smell !

murphybrown
05-30-2010, 08:16 AM
My first reaction when I read this was...who cares....I have a responsibility to be friendly IF I CHOOSE...where in the SPYDER handbook does it say I have to be any certain way? I learned that putting expectations, of any kind, on another is just setting myself up for disappointment and frustration. This is a fine example of how much negative control and energy was given to a fellow Spyder Ryder who for whatever reason was just being himself...

SpyderWolf
05-30-2010, 08:59 AM
People are still people no matter what they may ride or ryde on the road.

I have mostly great experiences answering questions at gas stations, being flagged down by other riders. All types of riders have approached me with questions about my Spyder, but I have also been snubbed by quite a few as well. That is just the way life is.

I choose to be freindly to others while on my Spyder, and it helps that ryding the Spyder puts me in a good mood. :D

I cannot control what others think or feel, and if they don't want to be friendly I am sure I will run across 20 more who will be. :thumbup:

Sarge707
05-30-2010, 09:11 AM
One guy in a car gave me a BIG thumbs down.
A green truck on Route 8 strayed 3-4 feet into my lane?:cus:
Young people on sport bikes respond way more than Harley Dudes?:roflblack:
I don,t wave -- " I nod my head once!"nojoke

dewie
05-30-2010, 04:47 PM
sad, I know I would pull over but I can totally understand why he wouldn't. Maybe he was scared, I know I know, but don't blow up on the forums. I maybe unfriendly cause I don't wave.... but I am paralized and need to keep my hands on the bars. so when someone is unfriendly there might ne a reason.

Desert Spyder
05-30-2010, 04:50 PM
.... but I am paralized and need to keep my hands on the bars. so when someone is unfriendly there might ne a reason.

Not only would I wave to you ... I would salute you.

Tom in NM
05-30-2010, 09:52 PM
. . . . . he could have been a tech testing out the bike for delivery.

Are you sure you were not in your Spider Pajamas? :roflblack:

Tom

Desert Spyder
05-30-2010, 10:45 PM
. . . . . he could have been a tech testing out the bike for delivery.

Are you sure you were not in your Spider Pajamas? :roflblack:

Tom

Ha! I wish I was. Actually, I would look pretty close to my avatar. Now that would scare the hell out of anybody.

NancysToy
05-31-2010, 07:09 AM
I have never seen an unfriendly Spyder ride, but I have seldom tried to pull one over, either. Remember, we here on SpyderLovers are social creatures, but not everyone is the same. Besides, we all have to admit to the Spyder being responsible for putting us behind schedule quite often. Maybe the other rider just had someplace to go...and was just delayed 15 extra minutes at his last gas stop. :roflblack:

I wave (or raise a finger, or nod) to all bikers. It is a long-standing show of respect. Back in the Fifties and Sixties (and before) there were relatively few bikers, and it showed that you recognized the common link. I don't care if others wave back, although I am always pleased. The important thing is that I feel good for having showed the respect that I felt someone else was due.

ThreeWheels
05-31-2010, 09:08 AM
Why are you so upset about it?

For me, it's very much situational. I'll wave to the occasional biker on the back roads. Bicyclists, and scooters as well as police cruisers.
I don't wave across a divided highway or in traffic.
And I've kind of given up waving on Sunday rides during the summer. If I waved at every bike I passed on the Mohawk Trail, I'd spend more time waving than riding. That seems like a safety hazard to me.
Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

jabba11
05-31-2010, 09:21 AM
mechanic test ride maybe

Questions
05-31-2010, 09:33 AM
when i get on my spyder a grin happens....SO, i wave at all the riders out there... if they wave back GOOD,, if not, their problem....Ride and be happy...:D

IWN2RYD
05-31-2010, 09:49 AM
Allow me to clarify my post a tiny bit... I too do not care if I get waves or not. I will still do it as often as safety is not an issue.

I can say that I made an attempt to say hello to a group of Harley riders fueling up (About 30 of them) and the overwhelming response and feel I got from them during our small conversation... My wife and I are not motorcyclist. We are the new Yuppies of the motorcycle world. Not worthy of their time.

Another time, at a Harley store as my wife and I looked for some gear, the store employee actually asked us why we had been in his store, that we should go to Sears or Montgomery Wards to find our gear!!! Monkey Wards!!! How long ago did they go belly up!

Oh well. Life goes on. We will always find lovers and haters in every walk of life. That is what makes it all work and easy to identify those we are willing to give a helping hand to :yes: