PDA

View Full Version : BRP Headsets...I'm at a loss...

3Ryder
05-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Background - I've installed the Entertainment Harness, CB Comm System, XM Radio and BRP headsets. Digital console recognizes the CB and the XM radio. But...no matter how I fiddle with settings, I have no audio in my headsets - no CB, no radio, no iPod (connected in rear cargo), nothing. I have tried the CB squelch at both extremes - nothing. I have turned the external speakers ON and OFF - nothing. I have tried all the headset settings - nothing. I have tried hooking the headsets on both the driver and passenger connections - nothing.

Can someone explain the various settings than come into play when using the headsets? And can someone suggest where I might diagnose the problem? Otherwise, I'll need to drop off at the dealer and have them diagnose it.
:helpsmilie:

syclemom
05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Go to options on the display then audio right to activate headset mode on off or mix

3Ryder
05-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Go to options on the display then audio right to activate headset mode on off or mix

The choices I'm offered are OFF MUTE MIX ???

scudrunner
05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
I used MIX, the other 2 didn't make much sense. Can we assume that the radio and iPod work through the speakers?

syclemom
05-28-2010, 06:14 PM
On the c.b. screen far right intercom control, and mic. , turn down so vox does not keep speakers muted I just went and made the wifes do this if this no help, sorry

3Ryder
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
On the c.b. screen far right intercom control, and mic. , turn down so vox does not keep speakers muted I just went and made the wifes do this if this no help, sorry

To SCUDRUNNER - yes, iPod and Radio do come through speakers when external speakers are ON.

Have the VOX turned downed to 2 bars; will try lower.

3Ryder
05-28-2010, 07:36 PM

Aw co'mon...you don't have more than one do you? :roflblack:

syclemom
05-28-2010, 09:36 PM
No I ride a Yamaha Venture my wife is in Japan at the Navy Base with our son and daughter awaiting our first grandchild ,due today, I still work for a living so I sent her for a month to be with the kids,I went and uncovered her bike to experiment I remember we had to figure hers out too, manual almost 0 help.

3Ryder
05-28-2010, 10:21 PM
To SCUDRUNNER - yes, iPod and Radio do come through speakers when external speakers are ON.

Have the VOX turned downed to 2 bars; will try lower.

Tried it on lower setting; no luck.

3Ryder
05-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Scheduled an appointment. I'll let the dealer diagnose the problem.

BTW...if you are in the Vegas Valley...I have been thrilled with the service at Pro Shop Motorsports in Henderson. Considering a Spyder...you need to talk with Matt Boyle at www.proshoplv.com