PDA

View Full Version : Cardo G4 Bluetooth issues solved...please read

bone crusher
05-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Many of us have been having problems with the G4 and its bluetooth functionality...particularly with the iphone and zumo 550.

Well, I'm happy to say, this situation is resolved. I spoke with the company today and was told the proper way to do things...

Ken Tompkins and I have been working on a solution for a while and I'm sure he'll chime in here...we spoke today as well...

1. Do NOT follow the directions in the manual for hooking up with a zumo and iphone...it will never work if you do so...
2. Do NOT connect your iphone to the G4...this is where the real problem lies as the G4 is not good for taking your phone info from the phone and the zumo at the same time.
3. Do NOT try to use the ipod function of the iphone via bluetooth through the zumo. The zumo is not stereo and the G4 is...the G4 gets a little 'upset' with this as the zumo is not broadcasting properly.

4. DO connect your iphone to the zumo and the zumo to the G4
5. DO use the included wire to attach a separate ipod or mp3 to the G4...this ensures you get stereo sound through the direct connection to the G4.

The G4 knows how to prioritize...if you're listening to the ipod and a phone call comes in, it will fade out the ipod (without stopping it). When you're done, the ipod should come back on again.

I didn't fiddle with things past this as Ken and I were trying tons of options to get things to work.

The settings above are the best that can be done at this time. You can try a bluetooth dongle for the ipod, but the G4 may not like it too much and you might occasionally disconnect your zumo connection...in other words, the G4 prefers ONE bluetooth connection over two...this is why it was recommended to me to connect the ipod directly to the G4...again, this also allows for LOUDER and better sounding music...

Hope this helps those who were having problems...

Donk45
05-28-2010, 08:13 AM
This is hilarious because this is what I figured out after playing with it for about 45 mins and reading the manual front to back.

My buddy was over with his bc we are going on a trip tomorrow. What I want to do is be able to have my droid playing me my music via bt but cut out when he tries to talk to me (or vice versa) and then go back to music AFTER we hang up. We tried for a while until I saw a small section in the manual that says after intercom or phone calls sometime the mp3 player has to be connected again manually so you should use the cord. THAT SUCKS, I hate cords and was looking for a full BT option.

Oh well, I'll try my Bt ipod dongle thing today, but it appears we'll be corded up with the Mp3 player.

WackyDan
05-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I just got my G4 and charged it ... My HTC Droid seems to work fine though I'll have to double check resume play from mp3 after a call.

Donk45
05-29-2010, 09:17 AM
I just got my G4 and charged it ... My HTC Droid seems to work fine though I'll have to double check resume play from mp3 after a call.
That should work fine, at least mine does. It's after a intercom call that it wont go back to playing music.

bone crusher
05-29-2010, 10:32 AM
they are rewriting their manual with a FAQ section due to all the issues people are having.

First of all, it makes sense NOT to have the iphone connected to the zumo and the G4...confuses the signal. Second, you can put a bluetooth dongle onto an ipod and pair it only to the G4...it won't, however, work as well as if you just wire it in...reason is due to two bluetooth connections...the G4 can handle it, but there might be nuances with the zumo and iphone that create issues...

He told me the safest way to do it to ensure that everything works...also said to turn on the G4 last...after the iphone (which would be on anyway) and the zumo...