PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new grips...

IWN2RYD
05-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Where would be a good place to go? I saw these in the Pics section and they look perfect with that palm addition! :2thumbs:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=516&pictureid=8863

kytten
05-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Looks like the Küryakyn ISO-Grips and ISO Throttle Boss, maybe?

I found it here: http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_footpegs_grips_accessories.htm#ISO%C 2%AE-Grips_&_ISO%C2%AE-Flame_Grips_

I didn't look for better pricing, that was just the first google search that came up with the right stuff.

IWN2RYD
05-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Looks like the Küryakyn ISO-Grips and ISO Throttle Boss, maybe?

I found it here: http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am_spyder_footpegs_grips_accessories.htm#ISO%C 2%AE-Grips_&_ISO%C2%AE-Flame_Grips_

I didn't look for better pricing, that was just the first google search that came up with the right stuff.

Man I must be blind!! Perfect thank you! I like supporting those that support us... not to worried about the $ side of it :ohyea:

Now to find them in all black...

Correction... Looks like these will not work and I need to just look for the Palm adapter. It seems we loose the heat option on the throttle side if we mount these, at least so far because they are not RT specific yet...

Odie
05-28-2010, 12:02 AM
I remember seeing those grips in another post. They are powder coated black. Pretty easy to do...given you know a powder coater.

Dragonrider
05-28-2010, 08:32 AM
I went straight to Kury for my ISO grips - I opted for the RED insert band to (kind of) match my Spyder. They are tops - I have the same setup on my Valk. You can also add the helmet locks - which I have on the Valk, since the poor thing lacks a frunk....

I saw that throttle lock - yewwww :sour: and $100+ !!! I bought a throttle lock for a Suzuki for $17, and it works just fine - with the Isos on, you don't even see the little thing...

Wow... over $100.... I think I'm in the wrong buiz....

Clicker1944
05-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I went straight to Kury for my ISO grips - I opted for the RED insert band to (kind of) match my Spyder. They are tops - I have the same setup on my Valk. You can also add the helmet locks - which I have on the Valk, since the poor thing lacks a frunk....

I saw that throttle lock - yewwww :sour: and $100+ !!! I bought a throttle lock for a Suzuki for $17, and it works just fine - with the Isos on, you don't even see the little thing...

Wow... over $100.... I think I'm in the wrong buiz....

Or you could just do what I did and get glue on the Kury grip on the throttle side. Now I have cruise since the throttle doesn't snap back any more. Still trying to decide if that's a bad thing. I guess it could be a safety factor if I fall off the bike and it keeps going. :ohyea:

mclaw44
05-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I am also looking at a setup something like this. The Kuryakyn Universal ISO Grips with throttle Boss. My question is can you then place the cruise assits by kaoko from ESI cycle products on the bars? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Dragonrider
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Kury also sells a sano throttle lock - but none of them work with a throttle boss. The simple throttle locks available almost anywhere will work just fine.

If you use the plastic "wrist rest" style, you can use the ISO grips with the more expensive throttle locks.

Bear in mind that a throttle lock does not = a cruise control. Speed will vary with a throttle lock, based on road conditions, wind, and incline..... still, it offers a nice occasional break, and/or can remove some wrist pressure.

mclaw44
05-28-2010, 12:19 PM
is there a "true plug and play cruise control" for the Spyder

Dragonrider
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Your pile of cash must be bigger than mine.....

mclaw44
05-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Well not sure about that but I think that answers my question :roflblack:. enough said :D looks my Spyder will be getting an assist.

thekershaw's
05-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Or you could just do what I did and get glue on the Kury grip on the throttle side. Now I have cruise since the throttle doesn't snap back any more. Still trying to decide if that's a bad thing. I guess it could be a safety factor if I fall off the bike and it keeps going. :ohyea:

Thats what happened to our throttle also when we installed the Kury grips. I just took the throttle apart and cleaned it up. My wife is the one that drives the :spyder2: so I didn't want it sticking on her if there was a problem. It works good now.

Clicker1944
05-29-2010, 10:10 AM
How does one that is not too mechanically inclined take the throttle apart? I was kind of thinking to have the dealer see what he can do when I take it in for the 600 mile service.

Dragonrider
05-29-2010, 11:16 AM
I used the cheap Vista Cruise - it took all of 5 minutes to install, and works a treat...:thumbup:

aka1004
05-29-2010, 11:24 AM
that black poweder coated kury grip was done by kewlmetal but i don't know if they sell those.
i picked up my kury grip on ebay.

kury iso grip 58 bucks
pair of throttle boss 22
vista cruise throttle lock 20

SSG Bean
05-29-2010, 11:29 AM
I chose to go with the xoprodox grips. They have worked out quite well. They sleeve the bar, so you can use a larger grip. It feels much nicer than stock. I also added a throttle rocker to make the throttle side more comfortable.

jnt
05-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Most shops have 'em. Many parts shops also. Friend south of here has 'em and loves 'em!

IWN2RYD
05-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Awesome suggestions for sure thank you all! One thing I guess I need to mention a little clearer... I am asking about the RT... not RS/GS... :D

kytten
05-29-2010, 09:07 PM
How does one that is not too mechanically inclined take the throttle apart? I was kind of thinking to have the dealer see what he can do when I take it in for the 600 mile service.

If I can do it, anyone can. Unscrew three screws and it's apart. Only thing is you need to be an octopus to put the throttle cables back in their little holes while holding the pieces to the throttle and trying to keep it connected to the handlebar at the same time.

It took about 3 minutes to take apart and about 20 to put back together. But aside from the need for multiple arms, it was pretty easy.