PDA

View Full Version : Click..

Odie
05-27-2010, 06:05 PM
I have an '09 SM5 and when I down shift to slow to a stop, right before I do stop, I hear a light 'click'. Doesn't matter if I stop in 1st or 2nd gear. Right before I'm completely stopped, 'click'. It doesn't happen when I take off, just when I'm almost at a stop. Sounds like something is reseting. Has anyone else heard this or might know what the 'click' is?:ani29:

groundeffect
05-27-2010, 06:33 PM
I have an '09 SM5 and when I down shift to slow to a stop, right before I do stop, I hear a light 'click'. Doesn't matter if I stop in 1st or 2nd gear. Right before I'm completely stopped, 'click'. It doesn't happen when I take off, just when I'm almost at a stop. Sounds like something is reseting. Has anyone else heard this or might know what the 'click' is?:ani29:

If it is the same 'click' as I'm thinking of, it may be the brake caliper resetting or engaging. I'm guessing you only hear it when you use the foot brake when coming to a stop or red light?!

That could be it.

Other thoughts, anyone?

Odie
05-27-2010, 07:12 PM
If it is the same 'click' as I'm thinking of, it may be the brake caliper resetting or engaging. I'm guessing you only hear it when you use the foot brake when coming to a stop or red light?!

That could be it.

Other thoughts, anyone?

That might be it. It's definitly when braking. I wonder if something is wrong with it to 'click' at every stop?:dontknow:

canchess
05-27-2010, 07:16 PM
odd, i just heard that tonight too. i have 600 miles on it and a handbrake is what i use exclusively. I hear it, but it seems insignificant. I dunno.

jabba11
05-27-2010, 08:08 PM
This is apparently normal and apparently has to do with the ABS system. My bike does it too. Always has..6000 miles no stopping problems. I took mine apoart looking for any issue and couldnt find anything. Just ride it.

Odie
05-27-2010, 11:55 PM
This is apparently normal and apparently has to do with the ABS system. My bike does it too. Always has..6000 miles no stopping problems. I took mine apoart looking for any issue and couldnt find anything. Just ride it.
Cool. Seems like it's normal. And ride the SpYder I will.:2thumbs: