PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Riders

somanyroads
05-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Any Spyder riders in Maine? I'm in Wiscasset and would like to hook up with you for a ride some time. :2thumbs:

Thanks! Denny

BillGargan
05-26-2010, 07:23 PM
I do not live in Maine. I live in Madison NH, near Fryeburg.

I am over in Maine often because there are so many good roads in the middle part -- and the coast too.

somanyroads
05-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Hi Bill

That is great! We will have to get together for a ride sometime! :spyder:

Ride safe! Denny :2thumbs:

Abbot Spyder
05-28-2010, 05:36 AM
Good morning, I live in Abbot ME and ride with group or alone. Monday I am riding to Lenius in Northern Maine. You are welcome to join us.

somanyroads
06-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Good Morning! Thanks for the invitation for a ride! I have been away camping and just got back home. As a matter of fact, I was driving through Abbott right after the Memorial Day parade on Monday. Hopefully we can hook up some other time for a ride? Thanks! Ride Safe! Denny welcome

gorcutt
06-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Just purchased my RTS 2 weeks ago and just love it. I am from
Norrigewock Me.

somanyroads
06-14-2010, 05:24 AM
Gorcutt

That is great! Enjoy your new ride! The RTS likes like an awesome bike, and real comfy. I think I'm only about 60 miles from you? Hopefully we can take a ride together sometime? welcome

Take care and ride safe! Denny

Abbot Spyder
06-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Congratulation on your purchase. Did you buy it at Huff in Pittsfield? I live in Abbot. Lets try to hook up some time. Let me know of some rides And I will let you know of what is going on in my area.

dchandler001
06-19-2010, 08:00 AM
I am in Portland Maine area but travel weekly to Ossipee Lake in Ossipee N.H.:cheers:

Abbot Spyder
06-19-2010, 02:19 PM
On Sunday June 27 there is a ride for breast cancer fund. It will start in Dover-Foxcroft behind the McDonald. The ride is 150 miles, and start around 10.00 am.

gorcutt
07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Anyone going on ride July 17, from Skowhegan parking lot on Commercial
St to North County Harley-Davidson and return to Skowhegan 2:00pm
To 4:30pm. More information 474-3621

Abbot Spyder
07-14-2010, 05:38 AM
Anyone going to the Spyderfest in Magog on July 31?

Monique
07-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Looks like several people plan on attending :yes:
Look through the thread titled
Quebec Spyderfest 2010 for more details

rogerb
07-22-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm gonna be leaving Waterboro Thursday morning and heading up to Canada. I'll be staying at the Lac Magog Camping until Sunday. My riding buddy (six year old grandaugther) will not be going with me this trip. Hope to a lot of SpyderLovers up there.

BillGargan
07-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I started from home in Madison NH last Saturday -- 7/17.

I went East on Rt 25 toward Portland -- then just took a run north up through the middle of Maine.

I came into the Rangely Lake area -- took a side run up to Saddleback Ski area -- and then a loop on Rt 4 to Rt 17 around the east and north side of Rangely Lake then down between Rangely and Mooselookmeguntic Lake.

I also stopped at the Coos Canyon in Byron for a cool break.

Then I headed south on home past Newry where the Sunday River Ski area is.

I should have also scooted around Lake Umbagog but did not.

A long and beautiful day . . .

somanyroads
07-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Bill

It sounds like you had a really nice ride! You were on a lot of good riding roads!

I went up to The Forks and on to Jackman that day! The weather was great and there were a lot of bikes on the road. I did about 300 miles and had a lot of fun.

I wish I could go to the Spyderfest in Magog, but I won't be able to go this year!

Take care and ride safe! :2thumbs: welcome

Denny

Abbot Spyder
07-28-2010, 06:07 PM
I am leaving Friday after work, stay with some friends in Thetford Mines and ride to Magog Saturday morning. It will be a blast. :2thumbs:

Abbot Spyder
08-03-2010, 05:25 AM
:2thumbs:I went to the Magog Spyderfest, and it is a Guinness world record with 440 Spyder in the parade. Lot of fun and meet a lot of nice peoples. 510 miles round trip.

somanyroads
08-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Abbott Spyder

That is great! I'm hoping they will have this event next year and I will be able to go? I will keep my fingers crossed! It seemed like it was pretty good riding weather, not to hot and clear? Glad you had a fun time! :congrats:

Ride safe and have fun! :spyder2:

Denny ;)

rogerb
08-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Anybody from Maine going to Gatlinburg and Lamont's BBQ?

somanyroads
09-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Rogerb

I can't make it this year, but I hope to be going next year if they still have it?

Thanks for asking! :spyder2:

rogerb
09-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Are you going on the Toy Run in Augusta on the 12th ? There is a new rider in Bath that I am trying to talk into going. He has never been on a run. Hope to see a few Spyder Ryders at the run.

gorcutt
09-03-2010, 02:50 PM
I hope to go.:2excited:

Abbot Spyder
09-04-2010, 06:33 AM
I should be there.

somanyroads
09-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I have some friends coming up from Mass for the weekend and we hope to be there! Any one know what time it starts?

Thanks! Denny :spyder2:

mainespyder
09-04-2010, 09:00 PM
dont forget to check out bikerfest a Wiscasset speed way sept 10-12 first ever. I'll be there dont have spyder yet but would love to see a good showing. I'll be there on Sat. mornning for a few hrs.

Abbot Spyder
09-13-2010, 06:54 PM
I went on the toy ride yesterday, made it to Augusta, there was 8 spyders in the parking lot. Very well attended, with a lot of bikes and peoples and a lot of fun. :f_spider:

rogerb
09-13-2010, 10:30 PM
I got there a little too late for walking around to meet other Spyder Ryders. Got to meet Mainah. I'm gonna see him next week at Spyders in the Smokies in Gatlinburg. No more major get togethers this year around here that I know of. There is always next year.

somanyroads
09-14-2010, 05:50 AM
I had some friends come up to Maine and we ended up riding for 5 days straight. Had a great time, must have ridden about 700 miles. Sorry I did not make the Toy Run in Augusta, I did want to go there, it just didn't work out. We were at the Bikefest Friday around 6 PM, but there was not much going on there. I'm sure they had a better turn out on Saturday, because it was a beautiful day. :2thumbs: :spyder2:

mainah
09-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Hello again to RogerB! It was a great time at the UBM toy run last weekend. Also hi to somanyroads. Yes Roger and I will be meeting up at the SITS event but when I'm back in Bath we should get together for a few more rides before the snow flies!:chat:

New Sharon Spyder
09-15-2010, 06:43 PM
I am glad to see a few owners in Maine. I live in New Sharon and we ride often to the Boothbay and mid coast area. I have seen a few Spyders on the roads of Maine but have not had a chance to meet any. Most of my family ride Harley scooters but they all think the Spyder is cool and do let us ride with them.... Rode to Colebrook NH last sunday to visit with family and the RT is a great cruiser. Maybe we will get to meet a few of you folks some time. Still got a while to ride this season. Foliage rides comming soon. Love those hand warmers!!!

somanyroads
09-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Howdy Mainah

It's good to have another Spyder rider in Maine! Have a great time in TN, wish I was going! Have a great trip and a fun time! Hope to see you and do some riding sometime! welcome

somanyroads
09-16-2010, 08:04 AM
New Sharon Spyder

Enjoy your RT! It sounds very nice! Yes there is still a lot of riding to do, before the snow flies! I hate to think about it! Burr! Hopefully we can ride togther sometime! Take care and ride safe! :2thumbs:

HampRider
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
My wife and I live in Pittston, just south of Augusta and would like to meet some Spyder riders in Maine - anyone interested in planning a fall foliage run?

email or post
wcl3111@roadrunner.com

Abbot Spyder
09-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Sunday oct. 3 I plan to ride the western mountain. Maybe we could get together. I am open to suggestion. :ani29:

somanyroads
09-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately my weekends are tied up until the end of October. :gaah: If anyone would like to ride after that, I'm available? I'm also available once in a while during the week if anyone else is? HampRider and mainah you are very close to me, I live in Wiscasset. My e-mail is smrslt@hotmail.com Hopefully we can get together for a ride soon? :spyder2:

HampRider
09-27-2010, 04:28 PM
If the weather is good, let's plan a ride to the western mountains. We are
available Sat or Sun whichever works best. What route were you planning
to go?

HampRider
09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
somanyroads - we are really close geographically. We live on Route 194 in Pittston, where abouts are you in Wiscasset? We rode down to Boothbay on Saturday, probably went through your neighborhood. We plan riding all of October weather permitting, so hopefully we can get with and go for a cruise. We both work Mon - Friday, evening cruise is possible, perhaps if I can figure out where you are we can at least ride down and say hello.

gorcutt
09-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Went for a ride above Bingham Sunday the trees are starting to change up
north. Count me in, if the weather holes, hate the cold, but still love Maine.

mainah
09-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Just a word to us New Englanders.. The Spyder talk group are tring to plan a Spyder event in NY next year so that lots closer than Tn. The trip to SITS was awesome and I hope to have a group to ride down with next year. :spyder:

As for a ride this weekend.. other than weather I could go either day. With me in Bath and somanyroads in Wiscasset where shoud we al meet? Maybe North Windham?

HampRider
09-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Can all who are interested please send me your emails and I will try to coordinate

From what I can interpret

Abbot Spyder is planning to ride to the Western Mountain area on Sunday the 3rd.
Hamprider (me) we are in for whatever, where ever
Mainuh - wants to go
Somanyroads is tied up on the weekend and cannot make it.

please email me at wcl3111@roadrunner.com - comes to my phone and I can get right back to you. I would suggest we meet somewhere central to all - perhaps Lewiston/Auburn - sounds like AbbotSypder has the longest trek to meet up.

HampRider
09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
I have started an email group so I can try to touch base with folks quicker
regarding group rides.

We are tyring to put together a ride for this Sunday Oct 3 and I shoot folks a email this afternoon. If you are interested please send me your email at wcl3111@roadrunner.com or call me 207-592-5536

Cory

Abbot Spyder
09-29-2010, 06:41 PM
I plan on riding to Kingfield, Rangeley, Rumford, and maybe Bethel. Let me know where we can meet. :ani29:

rogerb
09-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Name a time and a place to meet and I'll try and make it. Good weather forecast for Sat and Sunday. Just got back from SITS today. Should be rested up for the weekend.

somanyroads
09-30-2010, 06:12 AM
HampRider thanks for the e-mail! mainah glad you had a good trip to TN and back. Hopefully I will be able to make the trip next year too! Thanks for the info about a possible Spyder event in NY next year! Hope all of you have agreat ride on sunday! I hope to meet you all soon! :2thumbs:
:spyder2:
Ride safe!

Den (somanyroads)

HampRider
09-30-2010, 07:38 AM
To all:

I spoke to Abbott Spyder this morning as the October 3rd ride was originally his post – he and group of other (non-spyder) riders are leaving his house in Guilford between 8:30 and 9:00 am Sunday morning and he assured me that everyone is welcome to join. Here is my understanding of the ride route.

Abbot Spyder’s House
81 Back Road, Guilford Maine

From Guildford on Rt 16 southwest to Bingham.
Rt 201 to Solon
Rt 16 northwest to Kingfileld
Over to Route 4 north and into Rangeley and up to Oquossoc.
South on Rt 17 to Rumford, then maybe over to Bethel and the rest of the route is TBD.

So here are a few options that I came up with for Spyder Ryders wanting to join in from the south

1) Get up early and ride to Abbot Spyder’s place in Guilford
2) Meet somewhere in the Augusta area and meet with them at a specific time in Kingfield area.
3) Ride to Rangeley or Oquossoc and try to meet up with them for lunch and then head south with the whole group

Open to whatever – just would like to put a plan in place.

So if any/all want to do this ride let me know so the I can contact Abbott Spyder and let him know how many Spyders and what time we could plan on meeting his group and where. Please advise on how you do or don’t want to participate so we can plan accordingly. We live in Pittston and we can meet folks just about anywhere. Please try to shoot me your cell number if you are in for the ride so we can try to channel folks whereabouts through me as we don’t want to leave anyone out or loose anybody.

Don’t hesitate to call my cell if you prefer not to email

207-592-5536 or wcl3111@roadrunner.com (wcl3111@roadrunner.com)

Hamprider

mainah
09-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a good trip and weather is expected to be great too!:2thumbs:
Since I'm coming up from Bath how about we meet at the Civic Center and then head North to Kingfield? I will have to got buy another camera, my died at SITS:sour:

HampRider
09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Let's see if this works-
Rogerb riding in from Waterboro and Mainah from Bath meet Hamprider at the Augusta Civic Center around 9:wd am or so, so we can head north at 9:30 am, we'll meet gorcutt in New Sharon around 10:00 am and then Abbott Spyder's group in Kingfield at 11:00 am then we'll ride to Rangeley for lunch. Abbott Spyder is all set, I just need confirmation from rogerb,mainah and gorcut!
Thanks guys-looking forward to meeting everyone

rogerb
09-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Count me in. See you Sunday. :2thumbs:

HampRider
10-09-2010, 04:30 PM
We are 2 days in and have about 470 miles on. One good thing about Maine is that if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute and it will change, and maybe not for the better. We left home Friday it was 63 degrees and sunny, raining leaves but nice. We rode 265 miles to Eagle Lake without touching I-95, rode through 2 rain showers just missed getting drenched in a mega storm near Katadin, stopped for dinner at one of Northern Maine's best places to eat- Dean's in Portage. Then we blasted up route 11 to Hamp arriving just as the sunset.
Saturday it was in the 30's when we got up. We rode north to Fort Kent, crossed into New Brunswick rode up through the mountains into Quebec and had lunch in Cabano. Then we continued north around the lake and then headed south and came back into Maine in Madawaska then back over to Eagle Lake. The temp guage on the Spyder never went higher than 48 and was only 42 for most of Canada trip. Time for some handwarmers!

Now I need to pick a route home - hopefully it will be sunny!

If anyone is interested we want to ride around Gaspe in the summer ofr 2011!

Hamprider time to get warmed up............

HampRider
10-10-2010, 05:31 PM
762 miles since Friday - today was by far the nicest and warmest day. We left Eagle Lake at 9:30 am 44 degrees. Came down Rt 11 across 212 then south on Rt 2 in Smyrna to Rt 178 in Lincoln then onto Rt 46 to Bucksport then across Route 3 to Rt 220 to Rt 126 to Rt 194 to Home.

If you have never ridden south on Route 2 from Smryna to Lincoln - I would definitely recommend it, some of the best views of Katadin you'll see from the roads in Maine - absolutely awesome.

So we have had the Spyder 3 weeks and 1 day and we have just over 1500 miles on it. No match for RogerB - but we have had some fun!

I hope everyone got out this afternoon - we saw 60 degrees on the Spyder when we were in Belfast this afternoon.

Hamprider

Abbot Spyder
10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey Hamprider 3 weeks and 1500 miles very good. How do you like your Spyder? Your first impression after 3 weeks on the saddles. You have long legs how confortable are you? :ani29:

HampRider
10-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Abbott Spyder that is a great question and the wife and I had this discussion last night so this is all fresh in my mind.
1. Overall we both are real happy we bought it and are having a lot of fun.
2. The machine - I'm a Skidoo guy so I knew or at least I thought I knew what to expect as far as quality and performance and after 1500 miles I give the machine top scores.
3. What do I want to change? When you see my sleds this winter this will make much sense to you, but then again, all sled heads will get this.
First - the grips got to go they are way to small in diameter and I need to add some heat.
Second - suspension, it will be getting air in the rear like your ride and I will be getting some custom Exit shocks built for the front. The machine looses grip in washboard bumps but because of its sled like design I know exactly what I want to do.
Third - the wife wants her foot pegs moved forward and down and I want some floorboards more for diving the front suspension like I ride my sled than comfort but I do want to change my riding position some times.
Fourth - need to get Mainah's cruise control mod figured out

Now the fun stuff that the wife shakes her head at ......
Paint all the black panels red, chrome wheels up front, add a few horsepower and gear it up some. Thinking I'll have to get it out of storage early in the spring!

Hamprider

mainah
10-12-2010, 06:05 PM
http://www.crampbuster.com/ (http://www.crampbuster.com/) is the little paddles on my throttle and left grip. You tested it so you know how they fit

My home made cruise control is simply a 1 in or so "O" ring slipped beside the grip to provide friction. I caution you that the throttle will not release back unless you move it! It does give you a chance to relax your grip but its something you have to learn or unlearn if your an experanced bike rider.

The passenger foot peg extensions are from Can-Am. They match the other pegs assemblies.
Passenger Ergonomic Footpeg Extensions
$219.99
Product Number: 219400091

If you have others questions or concerns please let me know. rammer98@hotmail.com:2thumbs:

Abbot Spyder
10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
The air suspension that I have is from Teamfast, $695.00 Tel:218-744-2101. www.teamfast.com (http://www.teamfast.com)
On the front I change the sway bar. Made a big difference, The machine do not squat or roll in a corner. The sway bar come from evoluzione cyclesports, $230.00 Tel:951-639-0967 www.evoluzione.net (http://www.evoluzione.net)
On spyderlovers, there is a thread about changing the front shock to the RT. I do not know about that one but you can read about it. :ani29:

HampRider
10-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys! I plan to round up some goodies over the winter and put the mods on before the first spring ride. Of course this depends on many sled parts I destroy this winter!

Hamprider

Abbot Spyder
05-03-2011, 05:46 AM
I just took delivery of my new viper red RT S :yes:. What a difference in riding compare to the RS. I traded at Huff forest product in Pittsfield. Now need good weather to ride.

somanyroads
05-04-2011, 04:43 AM
That is great! It must be a beauty! Enjoy your new ride! :congrats:

gorcutt
05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
:congrats: On your new ride,good to see another RTS on the road.

rogerb
05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Hang in there the weather will change soon. You should have gone to Spyderfest. I only hit a couple of small showers on the way down and back. Except for wednesday afternoon and evening it was dry in Cuba. Will prorably meet you on the road sometime.

DynamoBT
05-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Would love to get together with you guys for a ryde one day! A nice "warm" day!!! Not like today!!!:yikes: It was raw out there! But, fun anyway!

Hope to hook up with some other Spyder ryders this year for some group rydes. PM me please when organizing something.

Abbot Spyder
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
hey where are the maine Spyders? Tel us what is going on. For my part the firewood is done, the garden is done, the decks have a new coat of paint, so I ham ready to ride. I have 900 miles this year on the new rts, wich by the way is an awesome ride. I do not regret to trade my rs, Maureen (wife) love the new ride. OK Spyder lovers good night.

rogerb
06-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Getting ready for Maggie Valley. Leaving next Wednesday. Blessing of the bikes in Hollis this Saturday then a quick ride to Laconia to see the early crowd. After Maggie Valley it's the Harley Rendezvous in New York. After that its the Bluenose Rally in Kentville, Nova Scotia. A couple of weeks off than it's Spyders in the Adirondacks. After that its Magog, Quebec for the Guinness Record. After that should have some time for a Maine ride. :dontknow:

Abbot Spyder
06-09-2011, 05:19 AM
When is the Magog Spyderfest? :thumbup:

gorcutt
06-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Im in for a ride all most anytime just let me know.

johnwinslow
08-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Just got a 2011 RTS, Rogerb said this web site was great and it's true. hope tosee you on the road:f_spider:

somanyroads
08-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Red

Congratulations on your RTS! :welcome: Enjoy the ride and have some fun! Welcome to the forum! You can get some good information here and meet some other Spyder riders. Hope yo meet and ride with you some day.. Denny :spyder2:

Abbot Spyder
08-23-2012, 05:25 AM
Hey everybody check the other post on post your next ride.:ani29: