PDA

View Full Version : Green?

canchess
05-25-2010, 09:36 PM
How are those green airfilters? When did those of you who have them , get them (mileage wise)? Should i invest in one?:chat:

BajaRon
05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
How are those green airfilters? When did those of you who have them , get them (mileage wise)? Should i invest in one?:chat:

I have the K&N which, essentially, is the same thing. Obviously, I think these filters are a good investment and the Green filter is certainly a well built product.

They last a lifetime which will save you a lot of money. The flow more air which, at the very least, gives you the potential for more power.

I don't see a downside.

bone crusher
05-26-2010, 07:51 PM

The green filter is well worth the money and according to some source out there, it allows more air through than a K&N. I guess we could do our own test with the ping pong ball and hairdryer to verify this??

They will both last the lifetime of your vehicle and require treatment only once in a great while...

SpyderWolf
05-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Probably the most important factor to keep in mind is if you have an aftermarket exhaust, and add a green filter or K&N you are going to need a juice box or some other fuel management system as well. The Spyder already runs a little lean from the factory, and giving it more air with this combination will lean it out ever further.

You can run green filter with stock exhaust, or performance exhaust with stock filter without the need for a Juice Box, but once you put the two together you need the JB.

adohring
05-27-2010, 09:18 PM
I think it's possible to run both without modifying fuel mappng. I run a Two Brothers dual exhaust and a K&N air filter and do not need a Juice Box. Spyder runs very well. May be different in different climates or altitudes. I am in San Diego.

canchess
05-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Very interest ing. Going for 600 mile check and was going to get k/n filter. But--you made sense about it. I don't want a juice box if I don't need to. Bikes running nice. I have a 50/50 here--need a third wheel to break the tie! :gaah:

bone crusher
05-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Very interest ing. Going for 600 mile check and was going to get k/n filter. But--you made sense about it. I don't want a juice box if I don't need to. Bikes running nice. I have a 50/50 here--need a third wheel to break the tie! :gaah:

I believe with any aftermarket pipe and air filter that you will NEED a juicebox to maximize what you have added. If you increase airflow to a machine that is already running lean, you're going to run even more lean. If you can balance this out, it only makes sense to do so...why add more air if you don't have the fuel to increase the combustion? IMHO, get a green filter and a juice box...you'll see impressive changes in performance...if you have a two bros pipe (they make juice box for a reason) or a hindle, or other good pipe, you'll be happy with the improvements the free flowing air filter and JB will make.

SpyderWolf
05-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I think it's possible to run both without modifying fuel mappng. I run a Two Brothers dual exhaust and a K&N air filter and do not need a Juice Box. Spyder runs very well. May be different in different climates or altitudes. I am in San Diego.

Are you not having backfiring on deceleration, and also finding a slight hesitation when first cracking the throttle? If not, then perhaps there is a difference between the dual and single pipes. :dontknow:

When I was running the L&N filter with my Hindle, I could definitely tell a difference with backfire on decel and some other segments of the power band.