PDA

View Full Version : Dynabeads and first wash.

Dochands
05-25-2010, 08:20 PM
A couple firsts today. At the 3000 mile service the dealer put in Dynabeads. Ride seems smoother but it was great before. I know a lot of you have used Ride On with great success but I have never been able to get past liquid in my tires.

And today, after my long trip a couple weeks ago, gave my baby her first bath. A few quarters at the car wash and a quick towel pat dry and she looks good as new. I was a bit concerned about spotting on my Phantom but the bike looks amazing.

Now for the turbocharger...:2thumbs:

krb1945
05-26-2010, 06:14 AM
I've used dyna beads in my 1800 tires for a couple of years. I like them because you get a fresh balance after every stop. The really get on the job when you hit 35 to 40 mph.

They are re-usable and you can capture them when you change tires by putting an old sheet under the tire before breaking it down. Ken krb1945

BajaRon
05-26-2010, 10:14 AM
A couple firsts today. At the 3000 mile service the dealer put in Dynabeads. Ride seems smoother but it was great before. I know a lot of you have used Ride On with great success but I have never been able to get past liquid in my tires.

:2thumbs:

I don't know that liquid in the tires is all that bad. At the most you have to deal with it about every 15k (rear) and probably double that (front). And most likely you're throwing the tires away anyhow so you're really looking at a thin film on the rim that you're actually dealing with (and that is only if you're changing your own tires).

Ride-On and Dynabeads are probably compareable in their balancing properties. Dynabeads have the advantage of being reusable but you've got to get them out of the old tire and into the new. Will a shop do that for you? What cost?

The huge advantage of Ride-On is flat protection which Dynabeads do not offer. The 1st time you're left stranded on the side of the freeway with 18 Wheelers going by at 75mph and you may wish you'd gone for the 'Goo'.

How do these 2 compare in price?

To each his own. Glad you like the Dynabeads!

Firefly
05-26-2010, 11:57 AM
I have the Ride-On and really like how it ride... no need for weights anymore.

Is there any reason Ride-on can't be scooped out of the old tire and used?

BajaRon
05-26-2010, 05:18 PM

Other than the 'Goo' factor Ride-On is as reusable as the Dynabeads. I don't really think it would be any more difficult either.

bone crusher
05-26-2010, 07:53 PM

Burns said do not do this as the chemicals do break down over time and you should use fresh product with each new tire you put on...