PDA

View Full Version : Region Setting

stillriding
05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
:hun: Does anyone know what "Region Setting" is for? In the preferences screen if I select "audio" under Settings then, in the secondary category (2nd column), scroll down past CB Radio, "Region Setting" appears. Then, in the 3rd column there are letters of the alphabet listed from which to choose. How does one know what to select? I can't find any reference to "Region Setting" in the owner's manual.

3Ryder
05-25-2010, 11:24 AM
:hun: Does anyone know what "Region Setting" is for? In the preferences screen if I select "audio" under Settings then, in the secondary category (2nd column), scroll down past CB Radio, "Region Setting" appears. Then, in the 3rd column there are letters of the alphabet listed from which to choose. How does one know what to select? I can't find any reference to "Region Setting" in the owner's manual.

Was looking at that myself and had the same question. I'm sure some more experienced folks will help us out.

Vulcan
05-25-2010, 11:46 AM
I had the same question, and you're right its not in the manual. I called the Dealer and they said for the USA use Region "A" Canada uses a different region. Not sure what all the regions are or where they are. I made the mistake of setting mine to "C" and then couldn't get the channels for FM to go above 71.7. Region setting "A" allowed me to find all of my local stations. Hope this helps.

Vulcan aka Gaylord

stillriding
05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
I had the same question, and you're right its not in the manual. I called the Dealer and they said for the USA use Region "A" Canada uses a different region. Not sure what all the regions are or where they are. I made the mistake of setting mine to "C" and then couldn't get the channels for FM to go above 71.7. Region setting "A" allowed me to find all of my local stations. Hope this helps.

Vulcan aka Gaylord

Thanks, Vulcan.

chris56
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM
we have to use "B" here in europe .. our FM-radio works on 88,8 ..95,2 not on 88,7 and so on..
chris(austria)

IWN2RYD
05-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Weird.. I would have guessed Canada having the "A"... A? :roflblack::ohyea::shemademe_smilie:

eddieshep999
01-14-2011, 08:12 AM
I have had the following issues with my New Spyder RT -S

Others may have the same issues So I contacted BRP UK

See below Issues and Answers
:-

From: EDDIE SHEPPARD [mailto:eddiesheppard@hotmail.co.uk]
Sent: 11 January 2011 20:54
To: Info BRP UK
Subject: Issues with new Spyder RT -S

Sir

I have just taken ownership of a new Spyder RT - S
The reg is RT10 SPY
It was purchased from Adrenalin ATV (Excellent dealer) in Dec 2010

I have the following questions ??

Radio setting for Spyders RT with audio pack

On my RT -S – I could not get the radio to tune to some of the FM Radio Stations
when tuning the system seemed to skip pass some of them – One of them being my Local FM Station
I found out my Radio has selected Regions – and it had Region A Selected –
This is for the US (and Canada?), and selects the odd numbered frequncies.
Region “B” is Europe (and the UK?) and selects the even numbered frequencies.

If you need to change yours this is what I did
Went into the Preference screen and changed Region from A to B – tried to retune the Radio but kept getting the same frequencies – Left the B Region selected and came out of the preference screen and switched off the ignition

When I switched the ignition back on and went into the Radio set up my previous stored Radio Channels had been cleared
I therefore went back into the tuning sceen and found I could now find the normal radio channels available in the UK these are now stored and I am well pleased with the results

I wonder what happens if other regions are selected – it would be nice if BRP could explain this in the Owners manual

UPDATE ON RADIO REGIONS

It would appear that after a period of time the Region sets back to A – Maybe a default setting
Although if you go back into the Preference screen and reselect region B the previously stored channels are still there
Perhaps BRP will have a software update for UK/European Owners So that Region B can be the default setting

Can you give any answers on how to keep Region B Selected

CAN-AM ROADSTER GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM BY GARMIN

I purchased The Garmin Can-am intergrated GPS Navigation System
(Zumo 660) for my new Spyder RT -S But this comes with North Amercian mapping little use for the UK and Europe

I contacted Garmin UK to ask if it possible to get a map change the following is there answer :-

Dear Eddie Sheppard,

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.
Unfortunately it seems the device you have is an American unit and we do not offer any service to transfer map versions and you would unfortunately have to purchase a map version suitable mapping for your device. We only sell licenses for the mapping which we pay royalties on and do not produce it. I would suggest returning to your retailer with this issue if you are not happy. If you purchased this in Europe they should really supply you with European mapping.

I have taken consumer advice and the advice is - Yes, take it up with Spyder - they are the ones that sold you a satnav with the inappropriate mapping. It is, in the jargon, "not fit for purpose" - they should replace it with one with European mapping; they sold it for European use so that's what it should be able to do.

With the new Spyder RT – 5 Limiited coming in this year which has the GPS already fitted it will be intresting to see if it comes with European mapping

Please can you help with these problems - I have to say I am happy with the Spyder RT -S and hope the back up service of BRP is as good

Eddie Sheppard
Reading Berks
RG31 7AY

Eddie Sheppard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From BRP UK

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and your valued feedback of the Spyder RT-S.

The Radio Setting we advise customers to use in the UK is Region B, however some of the other symptoms you are describing do sound a bit strange? Can I suggest getting in contact with Adrenalin Atv so they can carry out a detailed inspection of the symptoms you have explained to me, this way we will be able to assist should BRP need to get involved with providing a suitable solution for you.

With regards to your Garmin GPS Unit, a separate CD (Part Number 710 001 806) should have been ordered at the time your Garmin was ordered, this CD would have contained European Maps and should have been loaded at the time of installation. Again I would advise contacting Adrenalin Atv so this can be resolved for you.

I hope this helps and please do not hesitate use my contact details for a reference when you speak to Adrenalin Atv.

Best regards,

Lloyd Stevens

Aftersales Rep EMEA - Evinrude and Can-Am Spyder

BRP

T +44.1202.812102

www.brp.com (http://www.brp.com)

Any other Spyder RT's with the audio pack have the same problem esp in the UK with reference to REGION B

Thanks

Eddie Sheppard
Reading Uk

Marker
01-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Weird.. I would have guessed Canada having the "A"... A? :roflblack::ohyea::shemademe_smilie:
Good one "A":thumbup::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack:

Mr. White
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't have my RT-S yet...due in Feb. sometime...anyway, I read that "regions" are the FM frequencies used in different parts of the world. USA is 88.1, 88.3, 88.5 etc....UK is something like 88.4, 88.6, and so on.....A is the USA region...set it once and forget it. If you go to Canada, you will have to reset your FM region....