PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used a Iceberg cooling vest?

MoonChaser213
05-25-2010, 09:14 AM
You soak them in water and as you ryde, the vest pulls heat away from your body to cool you better. Sounds like a good idea, but the thought of putting on a wet vest doesn't appeal to me. I'm wondering if maybe the vest locks the water in somehow and it doesn't actually feel wet?

sabunim5
05-25-2010, 09:57 AM
I have two cooling vests from other manufacturers. They are not as "wet" as you might think, and they do make a difference in your comfort. They do feel a little "clammy" when you first put them on, but you are not going to end up with wet underwear if that is a concern. They only work well with good air flow. I wear a mesh suit in the summer and have an adjustable windshield that allows good air flow. They work better in low humidity than in high humidity. I often put mine in the refrigerator before I ryde on those really scorching days.

MoonChaser213
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm pondering a ryde to Quebec this August and thinking about comfort nessities. If you can stay "in the wind" perhaps a cooling vest not even needed.?:f_spider: thanks for the input

sabunim5
05-25-2010, 12:53 PM
Hot wind is still hot. The cooling vest really helps make it more comfortable. I usually wet mine down again when I stop for gas.

MoonChaser213
05-25-2010, 05:55 PM
...give me a holler if ya'll are ever close to the Forest:ohyea:

sabunim5
05-26-2010, 11:02 AM
I sure will. I went to 1st through 12th grade in Hastings, FL., not too far away. I have spent a lot of time in the Forest. Lots of good times.

MoonChaser213
05-26-2010, 12:03 PM
ALWAYS YIELD TO BEARS :f_spider:

Monique
05-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm pondering a ryde to Quebec this August and thinking about comfort nessities. If you can stay "in the wind" perhaps a cooling vest not even needed.?:f_spider: thanks for the input

Just my two cents worth - I'm from Quebec - a cooling vest will be worth its weight in gold !!! I have a HyperKewl cooling vest (a US product) and wore it today as we hit a record high temperature of 93 F !! and it's not even summer yet :yikes:

MoonChaser213
05-26-2010, 09:21 PM
It's not that hot in Florida yet.Where I am , anyway Are you close to Quebec City?:ani29:

Monique
05-27-2010, 07:29 AM
It's not that hot in Florida yet.Where I am , anyway Are you close to Quebec City?:ani29:

No, I am in the south west portion of the province - closer to Ottawa, Ontario (5 hour drive to Quebec city). If you happen to drive in the vicinity of this area though let me know - I always enjoy meeting Spyderlovers !

MoonChaser213
05-28-2010, 07:40 AM
:ani29: I used to live in Windsor Ontario many years ago. Made it through 2 winters, then packed up and moved to south Florida:ani29: BBRRRRRR

Monique
05-28-2010, 07:50 AM
:ani29: I used to live in Windsor Ontario many years ago. Made it through 2 winters, then packed up and moved to south Florida:ani29: BBRRRRRR

A very wise move ! :2thumbs:
I will definitely be "snowbirding" in a few years!

Lilly
06-14-2010, 11:41 PM
hey moon chaser: how far r u from Orange Park,Fl :dontknow:

spyderbob
06-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Hey Moohchaser we have a place in Astor go on weekends live in Deland during the week would like to meet up for a ride sometime.

MoonChaser213
06-19-2010, 11:53 AM
I seem to be having starter problems.Hopefully this will be a quick fix. I would hate to get stranded somewhere. But I'm up for ryding with anyone at anytyme.PM me for my number. Let's see....Orange Park...I get all the Orange places mixed up , but isn't that west of Jacksonville? Where's my map? I am between Daytona and Ocala. Let's RYDE:doorag:

XXX 74
07-30-2010, 07:08 AM
I have two cooling vests from other manufacturers. They are not as "wet" as you might think, and they do make a difference in your comfort. They do feel a little "clammy" when you first put them on, but you are not going to end up with wet underwear if that is a concern. They only work well with good air flow. I wear a mesh suit in the summer and have an adjustable windshield that allows good air flow. They work better in low humidity than in high humidity. I often put mine in the refrigerator before I ryde on those really scorching days.

Can you give us the name of the other two manufacturers and a small review on each one? thanks !

sabunim5
07-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Can you give us the name of the other two manufacturers and a small review on each one? thanks !

Here is a link to the one my wife has, which is good quality.
http://www.silvereagleoutfitters.com/shop/vest/WCV.html

This is a link to the one I have, not as good a quality as my wife's, but it didn't cost as much. Works just as well but won't last as long. IMHO
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/joe-rocket/sahara-vest/