PDA

View Full Version : SPYDER TOP SPEEDS

Eddie
05-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Now TRY to be honest please?? This ? is for those of you that like to hot rod. Not that I ever would :opps: What is the fastest you have had your Spyder up to?? For those of you that have actually took them to the track. What are some of your times and top speed?
Thanks ED

dlittle
05-23-2010, 10:21 PM
A local guy says he's had his up to 137 mph. I haven't tried getting over 90 since I just finished having my 600 mile check.

Firefly
05-23-2010, 10:26 PM
Never ran on a track.... SethO has many times...

Fastest I've been on mine so far was 128 mph.. according to the Spyder speedometer... which reads fast. I know when it reads 75 my GPS and Veypor2 read around 71-72 mph. So I'm guessing real speed around 121-122.

I could have gone faster but ran out of road and that was fast enough for me. Since adding my CHAD windshield I can't come close to that--- around 108 is all. The drag on this bike is equivalent to pushing a barn door down the road.

Best I've done 0-60 according to my Veypor2 was like 4.02.

PS--- don't tell my mom!:D

Eddie
05-23-2010, 10:27 PM
I took mine to 123 mph before I added the exh. and J.B. & Green air filter that was on a very windy day and my body wgt. is 318 lbs I really do believe it will do even better than that now. Just don't really have a place to test it. Don't want to get hurt or hurt anyone nor do I want the reckless driving ticket. But' I sure would like to test it. I know it handles great at a high speed.

malditoron
05-23-2010, 10:56 PM
i thought i read somewhere they are governed at 110. Or was that the RT model ?

bone crusher
05-23-2010, 11:06 PM

They're not governed...at least not at 110...too many here have gone faster...I haven't, but many have...

bone crusher
05-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Never ran on a track.... SethO has many times...

Fastest I've been on mine so far was 128 mph.. according to the Spyder speedometer... which reads fast. I know when it reads 75 my GPS and Veypor2 read around 71-72 mph. So I'm guessing real speed around 121-122.

I could have gone faster but ran out of road and that was fast enough for me. Since adding my CHAD windshield I can't come close to that--- around 108 is all. The drag on this bike is equivalent to pushing a barn door down the road.

Best I've done 0-60 according to my Veypor2 was like 4.02.

PS--- don't tell my mom!:D

Another reason maybe to go with the Madstad when I get a new windshield in the fall? The CHAD is really a lot bigger...

Also, 122 is quite fast...

0-60 in 4.02...I buy that. I think with my setup I'm probably around 4.10...hindle, green, and JB...you have a few more mods so I'm sure you're faster...

WackyDan
05-23-2010, 11:38 PM
110 MPH. I don't need to go any faster.

mc2276
05-24-2010, 12:12 AM
I have a RS and I got mine up to 138. That was with the stock exhaust. I do not think that it can go any faster. I have taken mine to the track and have run the 1/4 mile in 8 seconds with top speed of 92 mph. :2thumbs: Not bad at all I must say!

boborgera
05-24-2010, 12:34 AM
I have a RS and I got mine up to 138. That was with the stock exhaust. I do not think that it can go any faster. I have taken mine to the track and have run the 1/4 mile in 8 seconds with top speed of 92 mph. :2thumbs: Not bad at all I must say!
:crackpipe:
1/4 in 8 seconds. You should have been doing 192 :yikes:

SethO
05-24-2010, 02:04 AM

I am going to call bull**** on that pal. Show me the video or the run slip where you ran a 8 sec 1/4 and I will send you $100, Why would you even try to say that on here. The best I have EVER done in 2 years of drag racing is 12.64 and 101.7 and I have done EVERYTHING outside of cracking the case. Also the best 1/8 mile I did was 8.6ish.

On top of that 137MPH? with the stock exhaust? I have hit 130MPH on the speedo downhill with a tailwind and NO wheelchair on the back. Also I had a cop I work with gun me at 117MPH on my speedo and it was at 112.

I also ran 111.8mph on the saltflats.

All my stuff is on youtube so if you are really going to say you have that kind of time you should have some proof pal.

WaltH
05-24-2010, 02:10 AM

The GS/RS is limited to 10,000 rpm. There is no governor for road speed.

spydsense
05-24-2010, 04:38 AM
I am going to call bull**** on that pal.

if you are really going to say you have that kind of time you should have some proof pal.

you tell him Setho

I will claim 122 on the highway.

Capt John
05-24-2010, 05:51 AM
110 was the fastest I could get before the 2nd update "fix" 115 after the "fix" I have the MadStadt 20" shield and the BRP saddlebags. I'm going to take the bags off one of these days and try it again. Just to see if the drag on the bags makes a big difference. BTW I have the JB, Hindle and Green Air Filter. Every time I check my speed against my GPS the speeds below 67 is 2 mph slower on GPS. 69 and above is 3 mph slower on GPS. I haven't checked it on speeds above 90 mph. Try to keep my eyes on the road!

WaltH
05-24-2010, 06:19 AM
My GS runs about 69 mph at 5,000 rpm in fifth gear. That would translate to 138 mph at 10,000 rpm when the rev limiter kicks in. My speedometer is about 4 percent high so the actual speed would be about 132 mph, or so. This does not take into consideration the weight of the bike, wind resistance, rolling resistance, or any other limiting factors. IMO I don't think my stock GS has enough horsepower to get to 10,000 rpm in fifth gear. To begin with, I would have to hire one of those horse jockeys who weigh 100 lbs., or less.:2thumbs:

dltang
05-24-2010, 06:25 AM
I have been up to 112 mph and want more, just don't have the road and the room so far.

bone crusher
05-24-2010, 06:28 AM
I am going to call bull**** on that pal. Show me the video or the run slip where you ran a 8 sec 1/4 and I will send you $100, Why would you even try to say that on here. The best I have EVER done in 2 years of drag racing is 12.64 and 101.7 and I have done EVERYTHING outside of cracking the case. Also the best 1/8 mile I did was 8.6ish.

On top of that 137MPH? with the stock exhaust? I have hit 130MPH on the speedo downhill with a tailwind and NO wheelchair on the back. Also I had a cop I work with gun me at 117MPH on my speedo and it was at 112.

I also ran 111.8mph on the saltflats.

All my stuff is on youtube so if you are really going to say you have that kind of time you should have some proof pal.

Seth...

You rock!

docdoru
05-24-2010, 06:29 AM
I have been up to 112 mph and want more, just don't have the road and the room so far.
Join us at http://www.saltflats.com/ :thumbup:

bone crusher
05-24-2010, 06:30 AM
110 was the fastest I could get before the 2nd update "fix" 115 after the "fix" I have the MadStadt 20" shield and the BRP saddlebags. I'm going to take the bags off one of these days and try it again. Just to see if the drag on the bags makes a big difference. BTW I have the JB, Hindle and Green Air Filter. Every time I check my speed against my GPS the speeds below 67 is 2 mph slower on GPS. 69 and above is 3 mph slower on GPS. I haven't checked it on speeds above 90 mph. Try to keep my eyes on the road!

Holy crud...you sound IDENTICAL to me....I have the same setup with the hindle, green, and JB...just got the hard bags too...my GPS is ALWAYS 2-3 slower than my digital...the digital is also 2-3 faster than the stick speedometer...

Do you like your madstad? I'm going to get one or a CHAD come fall...the Madstad is smaller...curious if it blocks the air very well though...I'm 6'1"...

Capt John
05-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Holy crud...you sound IDENTICAL to me....I have the same setup with the hindle, green, and JB...just got the hard bags too...my GPS is ALWAYS 2-3 slower than my digital...the digital is also 2-3 faster than the stick speedometer...

Do you like your madstad? I'm going to get one or a CHAD come fall...the Madstad is smaller...curious if it blocks the air very well though...I'm 6'1"...
Yes I like the MadStad I'm 5'9". Being 6'1" you might need the 22" shield. I'm still tweaking on mine. I swapped out an F-1 Slider. I've noticed with the smaller shield. I get more wind on my hands and I catch a lot of wind when I lean way out to take curves at speed. But I'm not getting pushed around as much as with the F-1 slider.

Lamonster
05-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Top speed on a loaded RT towing a trailer is 96mph. I couldn't get it over 7000 rpm nojoke

retread
05-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Before the big windshield and hard side cases, saw 108 with more to go, ran out of room. It will stay in front of traffic, that's more than I need.

john

boborgera
05-24-2010, 08:21 AM

The governor in the riders head be should be used more often.
[On the public roads at least.]

bone crusher
05-24-2010, 08:24 AM
[On the pubice roads at least.]

:ohyea::roflblack::D

mc2276
05-24-2010, 09:04 AM
:( Shoot... my bad all... It was in the 1/8th mile. Sorry about that. Please forgive me :pray:. But yes. I did hit 137. If I was stateside, I could show you the ticket. It was not downhill, just flat straight road.

Lamonster
05-24-2010, 09:13 AM
:( Shoot... my bad all... It was in the 1/8th mile. Sorry about that. Please forgive me :pray:. But yes. I did hit 137. If I was stateside, I could show you the ticket. It was not downhill, just flat straight road.
That is a very special Spyder you've got there. :doorag:
205 kilometers= 127 mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNxmfKQZ8Q

canchess
05-24-2010, 09:33 AM
75 on a 40, snakey , country road. Very nice. i may go to the highway today and see what i can do:doorag:

SethO
05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Top speed on a load RT towing a trailer is 96mph. I couldn't get it over 7000 rpm nojoke

I thought it would be more, I have no expirence with pulling a trailer but the guys I ride with that have them I thought could get more out of their bikes, I mean its apples and oranges with the rs/rt deal plus a trailer but still I would thinkg you could 100, good to know, I have had people ask me about this that were looking at them.

Come to MN I have got roads you can run nonstop for miles, no driveways and straight with GOOD tar, I have had some bad expirences with MI roads quality.

You got a picture of your run slip, I would keen to see what you 60 foot times are and take a picture of your ticket, blank out your personal info.
Most important WHAT have you done to your spyder to get that!!!

boborgeraQuote:
Originally Posted by malditoron http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=211148#post211148)

[On the public roads at least.]

Ride your own bike is the best advice I have read in any riding magazine. What if you have to get somewhere right now, example your child is choking, your house is on fire and someone you care about is in there. If you don't know what it will do when it really matters then you will be LEARNING when it matters which I have found to be not the best time to be learning. Again most people have alot to live for so I would not recommend this to people. But you could die walking your doggie, YES there is more risk riding a engine with some tires on it and the faster you go there is more of a risk and that is the point if you can learn from what others have done then you do not have to risk.

Think of all the increase in safety technology because people have pushed past that limit and we have all learned and applied from the lesson.

tweeder
05-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Also the best 1/8 mile I did was 8.6ish.

Awww too bad bro, I got one up on ya. So far my best on the 1/8 is 8.591 @ 83.79 mph with a 60ft of 2.198. Need to invest in a cheater slick, can't take off fast or i'll spin so I gotta bog it.

retread
05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
There is a section of I-69 between Lapeer and Port Huron that is fairly straight, level, and has no entrance/exit ramps. Almost 5 miles long. Guess what it's used for.:yes:

john

che98
05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
my max once was 203 km/h :doorag:

Lamonster
05-24-2010, 04:32 PM
my max once was 203 km/h :doorag:
So what is it like riding in Russia?

SethO
05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Awww too bad bro, I got one up on ya. So far my best on the 1/8 is 8.591 @ 83.79 mph with a 60ft of 2.198. Need to invest in a cheater slick, can't take off fast or i'll spin so I gotta bog it.

what is a cheater slick? I had an extra rim for a drag tire but i got mc****ed by some guy from NY. I might run a in between tire drag and street just to try it, my 60 foot times are in the 2.2ish area which screws you.

You should come down and race friend or if you have somewhere up there and go a few rounds. No 1/4 mile in canada?

Pincushion
05-24-2010, 08:27 PM
I got 123 MPH (on the speedo) FULLY loaded myself, the wife and loaded softbags...Bike handled like a dream....
On a long straight Highway (395 south between Bishop and Big Pine) ....:2thumbs:

SPYDERGUY1
05-24-2010, 08:43 PM
There Sure is a 1 /4 quarter mile in Canada. Bring it on .... Capital Raceway, every Friday night. Need a Helmet and a License, plus the entrance fee. ( 25.00 ). Let's go.:2thumbs:

Roadkill
05-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Indicated 120.

112 again today.

Ride on.
Roadkill

SpyderWolf
05-24-2010, 08:54 PM
I was doing some testing on my Spyder. I ran it up to 9,000 RPM to see what each gear would do. I held it at 9K for only 5 to 10 seconds at the most as I did not know what would happen at rev limiter time, and didn't want to find out. At the time I was running with the Givi windscreen, Hindle exhaust, and K&N air filter, no Juice Box or anything else so very lean.

Here are my results:

1st gear 52 mph
2nd gear 75 mph
3rd gear 93 mph
4th gear 110 mph
5th gear - I ran out of straight road so haven't pushed to 9,000 RPM yet. :( However, since it roughly translates to a 20 mph increase per gear shift I am expecting my Spyder to top out at 130-135 or so.

I have not taken it to the drag strip, but I know where one is that is not too far away and does something they call grudge runs for street rides. I may have to go check that out sometime. I am not sure if it is a 1/8 or 1/4 mile strip at this point either. :dontknow:

I also think it is very funny that FireFly said to not tell his mom, as I hit 110 with my mom on the back of my Spyder and she is not a small woman by any means. :D Just don't tell her I said she isn't small if you ever meet her. :roflblack:

SPYDERGUY1
05-24-2010, 08:55 PM
still working on that. so far ran out out of road. have found a new road am gunna take a run at and see. with the current speedo reading, bike handled well and no problems.

docdoru
05-24-2010, 09:08 PM
There Sure is a 1 /4 quarter mile in Canada. Bring it on .... Capital Raceway, every Friday night. Need a Helmet and a License, plus the entrance fee. ( 25.00 ). Let's go.:2thumbs:
SethO, you and I we need to go there...:2thumbs:

dltang
05-24-2010, 09:09 PM
There is a section of I-69 between Lapeer and Port Huron that is fairly straight, level, and has no entrance/exit ramps. Almost 5 miles long. Guess what it's used for.:yes:

john

Yup and a State Police post in Lapeer and they like to monitor that road way. I have traveled it many times. Sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not, but I am not getting a ticket on that stretch.

SPYDERGUY1
05-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Gentleman, If you do show I will be more than happy to show you the way. May even take a run myself. My neighbour has been prodding me for a while to race him and his truck.. Let me know....:2thumbs:Edmonton Alberta , Canada.

boborgera
05-24-2010, 09:35 PM
what is a cheater slick?

It's a slick [drag tire] But it has two grooves [treads] to make it street legal.

tweeder
05-24-2010, 09:58 PM
It's a slick [drag tire] But it has two grooves [treads] to make it street legal.

Yup its about 25 mins to the airport drag strip. So that makes it legal instead of being a trailer queen. How does the 60 foot work? I thought the lower the number the faster. As in it took me 2.1 secs to do vs your 2.2 :P Yeah we have 1/4 tracks it just depends on what the host wants. We are using an old airstrip at the airport and all the room allows is for the 1/8. I would love to come and race other spyders, just that i'm so far up north ( about 3.5 hrs away from Hyder Alaska), that is such a drive.

SethO
05-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Yup its about 25 mins to the airport drag strip. So that makes it legal instead of being a trailer queen. How does the 60 foot work? I thought the lower the number the faster. As in it took me 2.1 secs to do vs your 2.2 :P Yeah we have 1/4 tracks it just depends on what the host wants. We are using an old airstrip at the airport and all the room allows is for the 1/8. I would love to come and race other spyders, just that i'm so far up north ( about 3.5 hrs away from Hyder Alaska), that is such a drive.
YES the 2.1 seconds would be better that 2.2 its a time of when you hit 60 feet, the bike guys I talked to at the track at BIR said you need to hit 1.8ish to get some better times.

Gentleman, If you do show I will be more than happy to show you the way. May even take a run myself. My neighbour has been prodding me for a while to race him and his truck.. Let me know....:2thumbs:Edmonton Alberta , Canada.
its in edmonton, alberta? I wonder what days and if doc and I can make it up there.

SethO, you and I we need to go there...:2thumbs:
You KNOW THIS, I will setup up to go to the great white north.

I was doing some testing on my Spyder. I ran it up to 9,000 RPM to see what each gear would do. I held it at 9K for only 5 to 10 seconds at the most as I did not know what would happen at rev limiter time, and didn't want to find out. At the time I was running with the Givi windscreen, Hindle exhaust, and K&N air filter, no Juice Box or anything else so very lean.

Here are my results:

1st gear 52 mph
2nd gear 75 mph
3rd gear 93 mph
4th gear 110 mph
5th gear - I ran out of straight road so haven't pushed to 9,000 RPM yet. :( However, since it roughly translates to a 20 mph increase per gear shift I am expecting my Spyder to top out at 130-135 or so.

I have not taken it to the drag strip, but I know where one is that is not too far away and does something they call grudge runs for street rides. I may have to go check that out sometime. I am not sure if it is a 1/8 or 1/4 mile strip at this point either. :dontknow:

I also think it is very funny that FireFly said to not tell his mom, as I hit 110 with my mom on the back of my Spyder and she is not a small woman by any means. :D Just don't tell her I said she isn't small if you ever meet her. :roflblack:

when you hit redline it cuts the spark and then if you keep it pined it will do it again. the motor is detuned its not going to blow up like a drag car or something.The wind issue with the spyder at high speeds is what screws it at about 130ish on the speedo

where is that at, address or website? Always up for a race, you could come down to MN too, there are less polar bears and gravy for your french fries but it has some positives too, got a place to crash and stuff.

Firefly
05-24-2010, 10:40 PM

Here are my results:

1st gear 52 mph
2nd gear 75 mph
3rd gear 93 mph
4th gear 110 mph

You can hit 62-63 in first gear.....:D

SethO
05-24-2010, 10:59 PM

I didn't see that, yeah mine redlines in 53mphish,
2nd is 78mph,
3rd redline is 93mph
4th is 114 redline
5th stalls because of the wind at 118 to 123ish

MackeyMouse
05-24-2010, 11:15 PM
I have the bigger windshield and on a really good straight area I got mine up to 100 but didn't push it any further figured that's enough for an old lady!!! One guy said he got his up to 145 and complained it wouldn't go any faster:lecturef_smilie:. He had stock stuff same as mine but short windshield. For the life of me I couldn't figure out WHERE he went that fast let alone WHY!!!:dontknow: I realize it's a guy thing pretty much,:yikes: just be careful out there!! the cars are looking for you!:mad:! won't say anything about the cops!!! :roflblack:

tweeder
05-25-2010, 12:36 AM
its in edmonton, alberta? I wonder what days and if doc and I can make it up there.

You KNOW THIS, I will setup up to go to the great white north.

That ain't too far, thats where I bought the bike, it's about 14hrs away from here. The nice thing is I got all summer off but the bad thing is I leave for Vancouver on wednesday for shoulder surgery so I'm laid up off work for 4-6 months. Hope to get back on the bike for the last few months of the summer.

SpyderWolf
05-25-2010, 05:40 AM

2nd is 78mph,
3rd redline is 93mph
4th is 114 redline

Thanks guys, it now looks like you have given me more reason to go out and run the tests again. :D :thumbup:

My biggest fear when ryding around here is actually hitting a deer. The cars are normally few and far between, and since they consolidated the State Trooper locations we don't see many of them in our county.

boborgera
05-25-2010, 06:57 AM
[QUOTE=SpyderWolf;21160

My biggest fear when ryding around here is actually hitting a deer. [/QUOTE]

Don't know why your worried, there easy enough to hit!:roflblack: I'Ve had a few unplanned venison stakes over the years. :yikes:
It's the Squirrels that amuse me, they try to straddle the front wheels, only to get nailed by the rear tire.:dontknow:

Firefly
05-25-2010, 08:16 AM
2nd is 78mph,
3rd redline is 93mph
4th is 114 redline

Been awhile since I tried this... but I'm pretty sure it was 62 while still in 1st..... not that I recommend doing that-- or that it would make any sense for a good speed run.

--------------

SethO
05-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Been awhile since I tried this... but I'm pretty sure it was 62 while still in 1st..... not that I recommend doing that-- or that it would make any sense for a good speed run.

--------------

the ones other than 1st I know are on, I will find out today, had a **** night at work.

4leafpat
05-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I have done 114, with still some throttle left, but ran out of road.

SethO
05-25-2010, 03:27 PM
I have done 114, with still some throttle left, but ran out of road.

Several people on here have been saying this, I can get up to where wind is the factor in a little over a mile at the most. Past that then it is trying to get smaller. I just I look at it as once it stalls out with the wind you are at about the top of it, I mean if you are racing rockets on the street you will it that wind wall and then will not so that is where you ceiling is in that situation. Again this is situational, the salt flats was horrible for this because of the elevation,111.8 mph is the best I did that is butt. that is in the 2 mile course 130mph that is "just for fun"

canchess
05-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Ahh! A buck thirteen today!!! :yes: 90 yesterday and i had to get to the triples today--done! and fun and smooth and the spyder handles like a dream.:thumbup:

vt228
05-25-2010, 04:39 PM
:doorag:
Now TRY to be honest please?? This ? is for those of you that like to hot rod. Not that I ever would :opps: What is the fastest you have had your Spyder up to?? For those of you that have actually took them to the track. What are some of your times and top speed?
Thanks ED

I had my spyder up to 128 and pulled over the cop didnt no what a spyder was and gave me a warning . could of lost licens forn 1 year and $700 fine he sat on it gave me a verble warning SLOW DOWN lol and I have been going slower but do open her up lol any faster it well go into safe mode I no couse it happend to me trying to see if I could go 140 150:doorag:

Firefly
05-25-2010, 05:32 PM
the ones other than 1st I know are on, I will find out today, had a **** night at work.

I was wrong on 1st gear--- just went for a ryde and you're correct---- 51 mph in 1st....

SpyderWolf
05-25-2010, 06:07 PM

I had my spyder up to 128 and pulled over the cop didnt no what a spyder was and gave me a warning . could of lost licens forn 1 year and $700 fine he sat on it gave me a verble warning SLOW DOWN lol and I have been going slower but do open her up lol any faster it well go into safe mode I no couse it happend to me trying to see if I could go 140 150:doorag:

Wow, glad to hear the officer let you go with just a warning.

bone crusher
05-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Wow, glad to hear the officer let you go with just a warning.

Yeah, my luck...they'd impound the spyder and arrest me...argh!:(...then fine me to a point that I'd have to take out another mortgage...

That guy was lucky...pulled over at 128 mph and only got a warning? That's simply amazing!

canchess
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
I was wrong on 1st gear--- just went for a ryde and you're correct---- 51 mph in 1st....

seriously? wow 51 in first--thats somethin!:yikes:

Eddie
05-25-2010, 09:10 PM

OH SHEET!!!!!!!!!!!! :pray: Man some one was lookin after you.:shemademe_smilie: He must of still been in shock to see a critter like da Spyder moven so fast :spyder2:

SPYDERGUY1
05-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Hope this helps. it is www.castrolraceway.com (http://www.castrolraceway.com) , and just follow and read the rules.:2thumbs:

MySpyder
05-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Ive only been like 95 - 100 mph in I-90. but im only 18 so it wouldnt look good to get a speeding ticket on my spyder if i already have one for an automobile.:roflblack:

MySpyder
05-25-2010, 10:13 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::2thumbs:
Don't know why your worried, there easy enough to hit!:roflblack: I'Ve had a few unplanned venison stakes over the years. :yikes:
It's the Squirrels that amuse me, they try to straddle the front wheels, only to get nailed by the rear tire.:dontknow:

ThreeWheels
05-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Clearly you guys are talking about an RS.
I've tried on two separate occasions, and I can get my RT up to 100 mph.

NOT 101.

Eddie
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRgKGqc1dT4

docdoru
05-26-2010, 08:38 AM
:2thumbs:

Justin
05-26-2010, 09:35 AM

These Spyders are turds when you see the #'s.

Lamonster
05-26-2010, 09:41 AM
:agree::sour: But they were not made to race.

XXX 74
05-26-2010, 09:50 AM
The fastest I been is 140 mph... I was on 75N long straigth and no traffic with 4 lanes...
I pretty much shifted on red line in every shift. I could have gone a little faster but decided not to once I got to 140mph...
I topped off my Suzuki GSX-R 1000 on the same location... the speedometer said 190 mph... that was scary.

And for the record:
:lecturef_smilie: I will not do that again. that was retarded.

the Spyder suspension is not for that !

boborgera
05-26-2010, 10:50 AM
:ohyea:
Hey if the Spyders not fast enough for you, And you want to run with the big boy's ''GET A BUSA'' I ride my Son's quite offen. that will cure your need for speed.:D:D

NancysToy
05-26-2010, 12:10 PM
:ohyea:
Hey if the Spyders not fast enough for you, And you want to run with the big boy's ''GET A BUSA'' I ride my Son's quite offen. that will cure your need for speed.:D:D
.....or a BMW S-1000-RR!

aubierules
05-26-2010, 12:33 PM
rs..i had it up to 110 mph this weekend..i had some throttle left but ran out of rd.....plenty fast enough for me

Justin
05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
:agree::sour: But they were not made to race.

Neither is a V6 Honda Accord that'll run a 13.7 in the 1/4.The Spyder looks fast and should go fast. Should be at least 12's. That's all.lol

I'm not believeing any of these 130mph plus top speeds either.

pitbull
05-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Neither is a V6 Honda Accord that'll run a 13.7 in the 1/4.The Spyder looks fast and should go fast. Should be at least 12's. That's all.lol

IT's tough to get them ther but some will do it.....I have ridden around 30 to 40 diffrent spyders some will some won't ....Not sure why some do and some don't but it is what it is. and yes it takes a few mods to be in the 130's....but vrey possible......still not fast enough tho! Some times you need just a little more!

che98
05-26-2010, 03:34 PM
So what is it like riding in Russia?
hard to say but its different of ridind in Europe. Here is no limits for Spyder, cause if cops even stop you, they just asking what is that? )))

XXX 74
05-27-2010, 08:44 AM
hard to say but its different of ridind in Europe. Here is no limits for Spyder, cause if cops even stop you, they just asking what is that? )))

:gaah: Damn.. I wish I could get away that easily...

vt228
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah, my luck...they'd impound the spyder and arrest me...argh!:(...then fine me to a point that I'd have to take out another mortgage...

That guy was lucky...pulled over at 128 mph and only got a warning? That's simply amazing!
he was on my ass at 69mph then 75 I thought he was a kid tailgaTEING ME I did think it was a kid with dark windows no police plats on car till he got the lights on SO i SEAD %#@K THIS AND TOOK OFF HE WAS nice to me and yes I did deserve the ticket but he never seen a spyder befor and he has one know a RT all black I met him at the blessing of the bikes I told him slow down we laghf and are friends know he loves his RT and my sm5 It was a blessing he didnt take my bike and licens and 700 ticket I have see him flying on his RT and I come up on him and beep hoirn tell him slowdown smile:clap: and wave lol.... true story 130mph posted 60 rte 6 cape cod mass

bone crusher
05-27-2010, 01:05 PM
he was on my ass at 69mph then 75 I thought he was a kid tailgaTEING ME I did think it was a kid with dark windows no police plats on car till he got the lights on SO i SEAD %#@K THIS AND TOOK OFF HE WAS nice to me and yes I did deserve the ticket but he never seen a spyder befor and he has one know a RT all black I met him at the blessing of the bikes I told him slow down we laghf and are friends know he loves his RT and my sm5 It was a blessing he didnt take my bike and licens and 700 ticket I have see him flying on his RT and I come up on him and beep hoirn tell him slowdown smile:clap: and wave lol.... true story 130mph posted 60 rte 6 cape cod mass

That's a nice story and I'm glad he got one for himself! Very cool!

SethO
05-27-2010, 02:57 PM

NO YOU CAN'T, I tested this yesterday because I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken, redline in first is 53 maybe 54 I bounced it for a while, man I second guessed myself on this.

I would hover around 120mph on the speedo with wind and my wheelchair.

with one gas stop I made 136 miles in a 1 hour and 35 minutes.

its nice as hell out right now but I am helping a younger azian rider who i sold a RC51 to with corners and stuff.

Firefly
05-27-2010, 03:37 PM
NO YOU CAN'T, I tested this yesterday because I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken, redline in first is 53 maybe 54 I bounced it for a while, man I second guessed myself on this.

I would hover around 120mph on the speedo with wind and my wheelchair.

with one gas stop I made 136 miles in a 1 hour and 35 minutes.

its nice as hell out right now but I am helping a younger azian rider who i sold a RC51 to with corners and stuff.

Yup--- I already posted that I was incorrect:

SpyderWolf
05-27-2010, 07:12 PM
The fastest I been is 140 mph... I was on 75N long straigth and no traffic with 4 lanes...
I pretty much shifted on red line in every shift. I could have gone a little faster but decided not to once I got to 140mph...
I topped off my Suzuki GSX-R 1000 on the same location... the speedometer said 190 mph... that was scary.

And for the record:
:lecturef_smilie: I will not do that again. that was retarded.

the Spyder suspension is not for that !

That reminds me of the time I hit 136 on my GXR-750 and the front tire came off the ground. :yikes: I never attempted to go that fast again after I was lucky enough to "land" it safely.

Eddie
05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
That reminds me of the time I hit 136 on my GXR-750 and the front tire came off the ground. :yikes: I never attempted to go that fast again after I was lucky enough to "land" it safely.

LOL That brings back a few. I had a 1972 cb750cc that had just a lil work done for the track. But' I didn't run it on the track. Lived way out in BFE decided to check both ends of the road. Only had 2 neib. No one around the road. Took off like a bat out a :cus:. 3rd gear over a hundred not sure just how far.Because I had the wrong glasses on and was barely able to glance down. Anyway hit 4th gear & I must of hit a bump in the road :dontknow: All I know is I went air born. I slowed that sucker down.Turned the bike around and parked it. nojokeSat on the porch and shook. Would not have been so bad if I would have been ready for it

boborgera
05-27-2010, 09:00 PM
LOL That brings back a few. I had a 1972 cb750cc that had just a lil work done for the track. But' I didn't run it on the track. Lived way out in BFE decided to check both ends of the road. Only had 2 neib. No one around the road. Took off like a bat out a :cus:. 3rd gear over a hundred not sure just how far.Because I had the wrong glasses on and was barely able to glance down. Anyway hit 4th gear & I must of hit a bump in the road :dontknow: All I know is I went air born. I slowed that sucker down.Turned the bike around and parked it. nojokeSat on the porch and shook. Would not have been so bad if I would have been ready for it

I had a CB750c don't remember the year, but it was in the days of the:yikes: 85 MPH speedo.
After 2nd gear you never knew how fast you were going:ohyea:

Eddie
05-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I had a CB750c don't remember the year, but it was in the days of the:yikes: 85 MPH speedo.
After 2nd gear you never knew how fast you were going:ohyea:
NOPE The speedo on mine was over 100 mph :yikes: The old 750 will to this day.Still run with the best of them. You can look it up nojoke I would say you had one maybe in the 80's when they had the 85mph :shocked: never rode one of them.Bet they run pretty good to. Never did understand why they would put an 85mph speedo on something like that. When they knew 2nd gear would most likely bust the speedo.

boborgera
05-27-2010, 10:02 PM
NOPE The speedo on mine was over 100 mph :yikes: The old 750 will to this day.Still run with the best of them. You can look it up nojoke I would say you had one maybe in the 80's when they had the 85mph :shocked: never rode one of them.Bet they run pretty good to. Never did understand why they would put an 85mph speedo on something like that. When they knew 2nd gear would most likely bust the speedo.
Right Federal law mandated all speedometers from Sept 79 to Oct 81 can read no more than 85 mph.
I bought it new some time between those dates.
It's an easy bike for me to forget, I kissed pavement on the corkscrew coming out of the Lincoln tunnel headed to N.J.:yikes:

SpyderWolf
05-28-2010, 10:19 AM
I also remember the days of the 85 mph speedo very well. Some genius thought it was going to help with the gas crisis or something by making everyone go slower. All it actuall did was let you tell the officer, "I honestly have no idea how fast I was going". :roflblack:

Eddie
05-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Right Federal law mandated all speedometers from Sept 79 to Oct 81 can read no more than 85 mph.
I bought it new some time between those dates.
It's an easy bike for me to forget, I kissed pavement on the corkscrew coming out of the Lincoln tunnel headed to N.J.:yikes:
OUCH!!!!!!!!! :cus: I try to forget things like that to.

XXX 74
06-02-2010, 04:17 PM

:roflblack:

Is ok if you dont believe me...
I said I would not do it again... but I changed my mind...come down and I will do it again... just for you. :doorag:

boborgera
06-02-2010, 04:45 PM

I said I would not do it again... but I changed my mind...come down and I will do it again... just for you. :doorag:
:pray:
Hope you guys do it on a weekend, If you do it on a weekday you might be late for school the next day.:roflblack::roflblack:

Justin
06-02-2010, 04:59 PM

Just do a video. Until I see a vid of speedo passing 130 or better yet a gps i'll believe it. My dealer read this thread and said it was a crock of ****.lol

XXX 74
06-02-2010, 05:07 PM
:pray:
Hope you guys do it on a weekend, If you do it on a weekday you might be late for school the next day.:roflblack::roflblack:

Is OK school is almost over... :roflblack:

Just do a video. Until I see a vid of speedo passing 130 or better yet a gps i'll believe it. My dealer read this thread and said it was a crock of ****.lol

that sounds like a good idea... Im thinking we can do a nice bet... I would not mind taking your money...

SpyderWolf
06-02-2010, 07:58 PM

You do not want it done with a GPS, as they can show really strange results at times based on various factors. Lamont has a picture on here somewhere with his GPS showing a top speed of over 400 mph. nojoke

bone crusher
06-02-2010, 08:09 PM
You do not want it done with a GPS, as they can show really strange results at times based on various factors. Lamont has a picture on here somewhere with his GPS showing a top speed of over 400 mph. nojoke
Wow...400 mph...must be with the turbo kit! :D:D

SpyderWolf
06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Wow...400 mph...must be with the turbo kit! :D:D

Max speed of 447 mph to be exact. I found the thread, and here is a direct link to the post with the picture of it:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=182834&postcount=98

Turbo was not even available at that time. Lamont is the man! :2thumbs: :roflblack:

Jester
06-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Top speed on a load RT towing a trailer is 96mph. I couldn't get it over 7000 rpm nojoke

96 MPH pulling a trailer is really hauling :cus:
Cappy

Lamonster
06-02-2010, 10:08 PM
96 MPH pulling a trailer is really hauling :cus:
Cappy
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=3014

SethO
06-03-2010, 02:02 AM
ok, I just got back from another crap drag racing night, 13.29 at 100.6. Got the best r/t time of the night with a .001 and lost in the quarter finals shootout, real not good enough feeling.

I was pissed and ran pegged 98.5 miles back and the speedo sits at 120 at the most up here, besides towns, 35 or 45mph posted corners, random traffic and cops I ran it all the way in a 1hour and 10 minutes.

I just do not see how mine can not run 130 down a hill and I know 117 on the speedo is in real life is 112 from a radar gun.

post up a video of running this and I will buy you a beer, I know there are videos of this but WHO made them and the conditons are in question. I mean if I met you in person a an spyder event I could understand you are not going put up some BS video (at least I hope no one on here is so shallow to do that) so I say yes, some spyders can do this, I just want to know how and why if you can explain it.

GA-SPYDER
07-06-2015, 06:57 PM
1985 Yamaha V Max on a Northern Indiana country road in 1986. When I looked down at the speedometer, it showed 126. At that same moment, I hit a cross road that was like a small launch ramp. Had been over that cross road many times in ten years......just not at 126 mph. Landed, stayed up, took it back to the garage, and had a nice stiff drink. Never did that again.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
07-07-2015, 04:15 AM
I have had the Beast up to 109mph. Flat road. Would have tried for faster, but I was catching up to traffic. Aint doing that when a cage could cut in front of me. Not sure if it can go any faster, but I plan on trying!!

Bob Denman
07-07-2015, 06:38 AM
:oldpost:

vided
07-07-2015, 06:47 AM
yesterday i spooled her up to 67 mph, ooooooooooh yea :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

Bob Denman
07-07-2015, 06:48 AM
:lecturef_smilie: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

vided
07-07-2015, 07:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R7l7nDuj1o

Bob Denman
07-07-2015, 07:35 AM
That is one of the BEST names, that I've ever seen for a Band... :bowdown:

Rockwall
07-07-2015, 09:00 AM
120 on speedo. It is super stable, but logic tells you to roll back on the throttle after a short bit.:doorag: