PDA

View Full Version : Communication ?

Dwight
05-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Can anybody tell me how to adjust the sensitivity of the VOX mikes on the RT? I just can't seem to figure it out by reading the owners manual. Probably should just get one of the grandkids to fix it for me!
Riding in Kansas means you will have wind issues. The wind keeps setting off the mikes and causes a lot of static noise. On my HD I could set them to not open and use push to talk buttons that are stock for the passenger and driver. As far as I can tell BRP hasn't done that for us! I have the J&M headsets with the largest wind sock on them. Any ideas?

Thanks
Dwight

scudrunner
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM
If you've got the VOX level set at the highest setting, how about attaching a plastic spoon in front of the mic? Might be enough to block the wind.

DeeKay53
05-23-2010, 11:50 PM
In the CB menu, use the left/right buttons on RECC to highlight VOX. Once highlighted use the UP/Down buttons to adjust your VOX level. O = Open. Max = Closed.
If VOX is set too high then you will not be able to activate VOX to communicate via the intercom.
If VOX is set too low then the intercom will remain active or "open" even when no one is talking. This could result in your entertainment source being continuously interupted.
To turn the intercom off, press and hold the down button on the CB menu.
"VOX" appears on the gauge display when active.
This info is from the CB installation instructions. Hope it helps.

Dwight
05-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Thanks Danny,

That looks like something I might be able to do!

Dwight