PDA

View Full Version : Replacement XM satellite antenna

3Ryder
05-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know where a replacement satellite antenna can be found that will work with the BRP NTouch XM receiver? I damaged the one that came with the kit and I am looking for either the OEM antenna or another variety that will work and has the same female connection to the XM receiver.

CSX4350
05-24-2010, 12:20 AM
I don't have my XM yet, it's being installed this week, but I have had problems previously ordering proprietary satellite receivers and getting shorted the antenna or just not coming with one. Not wanting to wait forever to order the factory antenna, I checked my stereo guy and found that they all use the same antenna. So, I would suggest going to a local stereo shop with the BRP antenna and check to see if they have one that will fit. I'd bet they do.

Does anyone know where a replacement satellite antenna can be found that will work with the BRP NTouch XM receiver? I damaged the one that came with the kit and I am looking for either the OEM antenna or another variety that will work and has the same female connection to the XM receiver.

3Ryder
05-24-2010, 08:43 AM
I don't have my XM yet, it's being installed this week, but I have had problems previously ordering proprietary satellite receivers and getting shorted the antenna or just not coming with one. Not wanting to wait forever to order the factory antenna, I checked my stereo guy and found that they all use the same antenna. So, I would suggest going to a local stereo shop with the BRP antenna and check to see if they have one that will fit. I'd bet they do.

Will do. I thought the various antennae might be the same in function, but wasn't sure. The NTouch receiver uses a SMA connector while most of the antenna today seem to use the SMB connector. I was hunting on the web for an adaptor, but I think your idea makes more sense. Thanks.

Lamonster
05-24-2010, 08:47 AM
http://www.fatboyzaviation.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=144_224_226&products_id=909

3Ryder
05-24-2010, 01:00 PM
http://www.fatboyzaviation.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=144_224_226&products_id=909

This is perfect...

copper
07-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Where and how is the XM antenna mounted to the Spyder RT???

I have a Roady that I used on my Gold Wind and I want to use it on the Spyder...

Thanks!